test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Now how do I get more Fleet Marks...

kodaikodai Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Fleet System and Holdings
I'm the operator of a small fleet. I want it to stay small so I can control what is going on with it. I haven't ever had a problem getting everything I need for the fleet... except for fleet marks. Now there's been another squeeze on those.

For a while I was mainly getting them through the daily foundry mission, until they blocked the "scan the rock" missions from that.

Then I switched to doing DOFF missions, mainly Military, Espionage and Engineering Department Head missions as they give the most CXP. Yesterday that was severely curtailed.

In case you hadn't known, depending on your reaction time, you could do anywhere from 2 to 5 Department Head DOFF missions. Yesterday's patch changed it so there was no way to do more than one. This means that the amount of CXP I'm going to be earning will drop to about 60% of what it had been. Doing DOFF missions in other areas than those 3 will nowhere near fill the void.

So, I'm left with a few choices on how to fill the void.

1) Recruit. Other than being a serious pain, I'd also have to give up control of the fleet.

2) Buy them. yeah... right... pay people to give you marks with no guarantee that they will provide the goods.

3) Grind. I haven't got the time to put in 1-2 hours a day into that. In addition, doing the same missions hundreds of times is seriously boring.

4) Accept it and know that I'll not get the base finished.

If I'm missing aother option, please let me know.
Post edited by kodai on

Comments

• lexofborglexofborg Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    defari invasion zone get a team together select every single mission going with except for the hard ones (excluding probe select that) then split up and kill borg returning to base camp every now and again and watch the fleet and omega marks roll in!
  • i8472i8472 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what?

why would you "have" to give up control of the fleet?

right Question on how to get fleet marks

lot of the qued events have choice of marks,
  • rbatalla1977rbatalla1977 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I ran into the same situation, and to be honest, the best thing is to be patient. I am also part of a small fleet. We have about 30 members, but only about 10 really contribute. We are about to reach Tier 3. It takes a lot of work, but the best way is to change your expectations and be very patient. For us it has taken almost a year to get to Tier 3, but that is how it is designed to be. The only recommendation that I could give you, is try to focus on one thing at a time, and don't waste time in provisions unless your fleet members really want something in particular.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kagenekoalfakagenekoalfa Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cryptic keeps saying they will help small fleets but every update seems to make things harder for small fleets
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I fell your pain.

I too am the leader of a small (solo) fleet. And fleet marks have always been my problem.

I have an Eng Fed character that I outfitted for Nukara, and playing Tholian Incursion mission for two hours, netted about 400 - 500 FMs. Was nice and didn't have a complaint.

Now that they have been removed, I have to have my tac Fed character run around on Defera for them.

Oh well. I don't know why they curtailed FMs, they garner no income for Cryptic. So why make it harder to get them?
  • teshultzteshultz Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fleets Marks

Where O' where are you tonight?

In my opinion the reputation section of this games should be dropped, or all those missions for Romulan marks Nukura(forgive the spelling) marks, omega marks should give you a choice between the two different mark Fleet or Rep.

Second idea is put a vendor at nearby that will trade marks.

But this is just One person's opinion.
  • tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Get your DOFF system up to level 4 on all disciplines. You can do this by only going for the missions that yield 1000 CXP. Development, Medical, and Espionage have these kinds of missions. There are others that offer 500 CXP as well.

After you hit 10000 over the 100000 cap, you can trade it in for Fleet Marks, you can get between 75-100 fleet marks for each 10000 you trade in. I managed to get almost 5000 each for all 4 of my toons through this method.
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tahnalos wrote: »
    Get your DOFF system up to level 4 on all disciplines. You can do this by only going for the missions that yield 1000 CXP. Development, Medical, and Espionage have these kinds of missions. There are others that offer 500 CXP as well.

After you hit 10000 over the 100000 cap, you can trade it in for Fleet Marks, you can get between 75-100 fleet marks for each 10000 you trade in. I managed to get almost 5000 each for all 4 of my toons through this method.

How can you get that many I find it takes me days to get enough xp to get over 110.000
    JtaDmwW.png
  • lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For me the best way is "Colony Invasion" it's quick 5-10 minutes and you get every time 50 marks without the event and about 60 marks during the bonus event.
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Dil mine DOFF missions are good choices. while you have to get tier 1 development and a tier 1 mine, they are good CXP for sure, plus if you crit them, they give Dil mine provisions and FMs. They don't cost anything except DOFF slots to run, so just start em everyday and you'll usually get enough successes/crit successes over time.

Also, don't limit yourself to one character DOFFing. Get some farming alts to DOFFing level, sit them in a good spot, especially if they are KDF or KDF-aligned Romulans, and just spam the missions. They will gain CXP, which eventually will click over to let them start to do turn-ins.

It takes time, but can pay off forever in the long run.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • caltaircaltair Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ok, I know there has been quite a few changes in the game since this was last commented on but I'm having the same problem being in a now largely solo fleet. I try getting into the STF's to get marks but I'm on at weird times apparantly and I can never get queued for anything... I do Defera but I'm always alone so I'm stuck doing the same three missions over and over again mostly. I mix it up with the medium levels but I'm alone so it takes forever. I actually get more marks doing the couple of easy missions in the same amount of time it takes me to finish one medium mission.

I do Temporal Ambassador sometimes too but there's a 30 minute cooldown for that episode and it only gives 20 marks, so again I get more by doing the three Defera easy missions. Most of the fleet actions don't seem to exist anymore either. I tried to get into them the other day and nothing happened. Sometimes the mission calls for 20 players and there is constantly zero queued.... Other times the mission has just disappeared from the map. There used to be a daily for Slowing the Expeditionary Force that had rewards and marks but the daily mission is no longer there! The location exists and you can fight there but you don't get anything besides drops now.

Are there any other missions that give Fleet Marks? The STO Wiki doesn't list Temporal Ambassador as a source of marks so I'm wondering what other missions I'm missing out on.
    liCO4Xm.jpg
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I find getting them is no probs its the using them all up i dont do any fleet mark missions any more n the lowest amount i have is 460ish on one fed n kdf ive over 3K of them.
    They is a console at fleet base that uses doff excessive commendations 10k for a min of 75 fleet creds thats how i get them
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Run Fleet PVE's that award marks. Run STF's that award Fleet or Choice of marks,..
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Learn to play no win scenario and farm 387 marks a run with only 30min cd. This does require proper builds and some skill but it is by far the fastest way to farm marks. Wesleys_Protege is the starter channel.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Zombie thread! bad! bad! no no!

Sheesh, check the timestamp before you post
  • caltaircaltair Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thanks for all the comments. the reason i don't normally do/have success with the queue missions is that i'm often on after midnight and well the queues are dead.... i'll look into the CXP stuff some of you were talking about. i just hope it's available for a tier 0 starbase...
    liCO4Xm.jpg
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    For me the best way is "Colony Invasion" it's quick 5-10 minutes and you get every time 50 marks without the event and about 60 marks during the bonus event.

Yes colony invasion, defend starbase fleet action (both 5 & 20 man), undine ground mission, both voth space missions, crystalline entity, defera while ques cool down.

Trade like one said, xp points from doff missions that exceeded the 100k mark!

There are quite a few ways, and make heavy use when mark bonus week hits.

I myself run a solo fleet, and getting marks isn't too bad, granted could be better!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here's something to consider: if you have your starbase up and running, go to the vendor that sells the operational assests (amongst other things) get as many 100 mark fleet bonuses as you can get. (i think their supply level is limitless) these bonuses are small though. Incase of something like big dig daily, you get 10 extra Fm if you complete the optional....
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Defera Invasion Zone is my Fleet Marks method of choice. I do that daily, and it gives me more Fleet Marks than I can donate. Ever better yet, it also gives me Dilithium, and Omega Marks to hoard until the Dilithium Event.

Defera Invasion Zone is also my new character levelling method of choice. You get a temporary upgrade to Level 50 as long as you are there, so spend as much time as you need. And be sure to pick up all of those Prolific Producer, Agile Assembler, and Momento Vitae` missions too.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Im in 5 different fleets. Some are tier 5 (Fed & Kdf), some are tier 1. Cuz the way this game is designed each fleet seems to have its own demands. Mega size fleets have incredible amounts of marks at their disposal, little ones only very few.

One of those fleets is special to me cuz I basically run it with only one in game friend who is really good at STO as well. Within a year we managed to build a Tier 4 base, Tier 3 Mine (done first), Tier 2 Embassy and I’m pretty confident we hit Tier 3 Spire when Delta rises.

In the beginning we tortured ourselves with thinks like Defera or those fleet queues. I’m also good at NWS which can be beneficial. Later we just focused on events like CCE, Mirror or shuttle to get huge amounts in a short time or with low effort cuz wed run those events anyway. I estimate this stuff made/makes some 20% of our FM income.

Now we reached a point where we just do passive approaches to base.

1) Look at the community your in. Since my friend and I have cool back ups due to the other fleets we are part of we often get FM gifted cuz others can’t turn em in there. 10% income

2) Look at your toons and get befriended with the doff system. In our case the two of us have some 12 toons at our disposal together. Daily doffing takes some 30 mins. We station our toons at fleetmine and run those 2 mining doff assignments (35 fm on crit) but those aren’t the main part cuz the sum of 12 times 23 doff assignments grand traumatic amounts of CXP…

3) …Play smart! When Cryptic decides to make a mark weekend our toons are usually “fueld up” with CXP which can be turned into FM via officer reports at base. We use fleetmark boosters then and cash all CXP in a very short time, over the weekend (just brief logging every 7 hours, leaves even room for RL and Sleep). Haven’t counted entirely but I estimate that last time we came out with some 50 Thousand fleet marks which gives us the option to progress the spire from Tier 2 to 3. On Risa or Qs wonderland u also get multiple mark choices, don’t turn em in… wait for mark event!! 70%

The minor fleetholdings aren’t that big of a deal but the step from Tier 4 to 5 in Base will be. I don’t know if we ever make it but also don’t really care cuz we can generate our own provisions and are able get the very few tier 5 stuff which is worth getting from the other fleets we are in and have donate too as well.

-Connor
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2014

3) …Play smart! When Cryptic decides to make a mark weekend our toons are usually “fueld up” with CXP which can be turned into FM via officer reports at base. We use fleetmark boosters then and cash all CXP in a very short time, over the weekend (just brief logging every 7 hours, leaves even room for RL and Sleep). Haven’t counted entirely but I estimate that last time we came out with some 50 Thousand fleet marks which gives us the option to progress the spire from Tier 2 to 3. On Risa or Qs wonderland u also get multiple mark choices, don’t turn em in… wait for mark event!! 70%

This. In the last Risa Event, saving the birds for the FM events along with fuelling up toons with CXP netted around 40000 fleet marks across 4 characters. My KDF fleet now has a Tier 3 starbase as a result.
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.