test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Caustic weapons from elachi story

dem613dem613 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Does anyone use the Caustic weapons? Do you like them?
Post edited by dem613 on

Comments

• aspheasphe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Free Mk 11 [acc]x2 with higher plasma proc damage.
  • hopit69hopit69 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm using them because they're decent and free. I'm only going to replace them with drops or later mk 12 rom rep stuff.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Meh.....I found that the Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid Beam Array and dual heavy cannons are better, if only because they are treated as disruptors with the addition of the plasma burn proc. In endgame PvP matches, the STF gear has plasma resistance, making the plasma-disruptor hybrids more effective.
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I used them until Romulan reputation weapons became available. Free MK XI weapons with [Acc]x2 is pretty difficult to beat for the effort/price involved.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I used them until I was able to open up MK XII Romulan Plasma's through the Romulan rep. Just kept re-running the mission over a couple days.
  • arvistaljikarvistaljik Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    davidwford wrote: »
    Meh.....I found that the Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid Beam Array and dual heavy cannons are better, if only because they are treated as disruptors with the addition of the plasma burn proc. In endgame PvP matches, the STF gear has plasma resistance, making the plasma-disruptor hybrids more effective.

I also found the Hybrid Plasma-Disruptors to be more useful for the same reasons. I have also compared the Mk XI Hybrids to the Mk XII Romulan reputation weapons and the Hybrids have a higher base damage and DPS at Mk XI than the Mk XII reputation weapons... Just saying. :)

Here's the tooltips for comparison.
    edited June 2013
    I also found the Hybrid Plasma-Disruptors to be more useful for the same reasons. I have also compared the Mk XI Hybrids to the Mk XII Romulan reputation weapons and the Hybrids have a higher base damage and DPS at Mk XI than the Mk XII reputation weapons... Just saying. :)

The Hybrid Plasma-Disruptor DHC Rare Mk XI from the Smash and Grab Mission has a base Damage of 376.6 and a DPS of 251.1. It does Disruptor Damage with a chance to proc the Disruptor Resistance Debuff and a Plasma DOT. You can only get a DHC and a Beam Array of this type.

The Caustic Plasma DHC Rare Mk XI from the Last Stand Mission has a base Damage of 374.5 and a DPS of 249.6. It does plasma damage and procs a plasma dot that does increased damage over the normal plasma dot, but has a shorter duration. You can get this type in Beam Array, Dual Beam Bank, DHC and Turret.

The Romulan Plasma DHC Very Rare Mk XII from Romulan Tier 4 Reputation Store has a Base Damage of 392.2 and a DPS of 261.5. It does plasma damage with a chance to proc the Plasma DOT and the Disruptor Resistance Debuff. These come in all weapon styles.

I'm not sure why you think that the Mk XII Romulan Rep items are lower DPS, unless you compared the wrong type of weapons to each other, like a single cannon to a DHC.
    edited June 2013
    I posted the tooltips as they show up for me in-game in my previous post.
  • zanzal0zanzal0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I posted the tooltips as they show up for me in-game in my previous post.

One image shows your rank as 'Vice Admiral' and another as 'Subadmiral II'... They are clearly two different characters so you are not taking into account differences in stats.
  • wolf3130wolf3130 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i to use MK XI caustics and i wont be trading them out till i can get the rep plasma weapons from teir 4 rep and lol how can you expect to difrent toons to give the same stats thats like comparing rocks
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree with the assessment that they're good to start with. Very good in fact. They're essentially Mk XI purple purple weapons with [Acc]x2 [DoT]. They'll get swapped out with reputation plasma/disruptors as soon as I finish leveling New Romulus rep, but they serve me well for now and were FREE.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zanzal0 wrote: »
    One image shows your rank as 'Vice Admiral' and another as 'Subadmiral II'... They are clearly two different characters so you are not taking into account differences in stats.
    wolf3130 wrote: »
    ... how can you expect to difrent toons to give the same stats thats like comparing rocks
    Sigh, that's not *his* rank listed in the tooltips. That's the minimum rank required to equip the weapon. Mk XI requires Subadmiral II (Fed Rear Admiral upper half) and the Mk XII requires Vice Admiral. He wasn't using two different characters.

Of course, I finally figured out the other day that you can't compare an equipped weapon to one in your inventory via tooltips, because the equipped one will show the stats based upon your skill levels and such while the inventory one does not. If you compare an equipped Mk XI with an unequipped Mk XII I would expect the Mk XI to show slightly higher DPS numbers because it is using your stats.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
    edited June 2013
    I don't know why your tooltips shows it as being better. I re-ran the mission to get it myself instead of going off the rewards tooltip, and it actually shows it as being slightly worse than the caustic.
    edited June 2013
    I've gone back in and looked a the tooltips in game again and realized that the line where it says "Values do not reflect skills or other modifiers" is a straight up lie. The tooltip apparently takes into account the disruptor consoles on my ship.

My apologies for the confusion. It would appear I was mistaken.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can viably use the Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid even for endgame PVP. Not the most ideal, but better than the plasma based ones, where EVERYONE and their kid sister, evil stepmother, and cousin's brother's former roommate has Plasma Resists (except for the noobest newb).

There's better endgame weapons than the Caustic and Plasma-Disruptor weapons, and both are suitable for most gameplay, but if you PVP right at reaching endgame, Plasma-Disruptors will suit you better. At least you can go in knowing the entire enemy crowd doesn't have guaranteed resists against your weapons.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I use them because they're free and I don't have full romulan rep yet, and im not paying for the lower tier ones just to get the higher ones later.

also on a side note, the fed mission Project Nightingale drops normal unbound [Acc]x2 plasma weapons (seriously, don't play the 500k on the exchange for them). I mailed some to my romulan character and use both caustic and normal beams/DHCs. They proc seperately, so you can have a normal plasma fire and a caustic plasma fire at the same time. Its kinda nice if you're trying for a DOT build.
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I use them for shuttles. The double acc mod helps with some shuttle missions, like the new Rhi event.
  • kilbingerkilbinger Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and does some1 use that torpedo (MK XI) which you can get after the Mission on Hakeev's ship? (that mission, where you'll be a "Tal Shiar drone")

i'm sorry, i use german language to play this game, don't know how is the mission and the name of this type of torpedo exactly in english.
    Vice Admiral Septimus Severus -I.R.W. Jasta - Tal Shiar
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kilbinger wrote: »
    and does some1 use that torpedo (MK XI) which you can get after the Mission on Hakeev's ship? (that mission, where you'll be a "Tal Shiar drone")

i'm sorry, i use german language to play this game, don't know how is the mission and the name of this type of torpedo exactly in english.

I tried it. It does photon torpedo damage with a longer cool down, and it does not get boosted by photon torpedo consoles (which was a huge disappointment for me). Other than looking awesome while using disruptors, its just ok.
    edited June 2013

That would be the Bio-Molecular Warhead Launcher. It's specifically an anti-Undine weapon as it does bonus damage to their ships but the -Able Crew and -Alive Crew modifiers are decent.

I use two of these in addition to Hybrid Plasma-Disruptor weapons (with aft disruptor turrets) on my Fleet Mogai and Fleet Ha'apax and I do rather well for myself.

(And yes, they do look cool when used with disruptor weapons :P)
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I use that, it looks neat. I've not parsed it, but the crew killing proc seems to help with certain larger enemies in PvE. I'm using the KHG set, which the base damage gets boosted by.
    edited June 2013
    I've gone back in and looked a the tooltips in game again and realized that the line where it says "Values do not reflect skills or other modifiers" is a straight up lie. The tooltip apparently takes into account the disruptor consoles on my ship.

My apologies for the confusion. It would appear I was mistaken.

No problem, learn something new everyday. I was suspecting it might be console related, but mine didn't change their values when I removed my Plasma consoles from my ship so I didn't mention it. Maybe its just buggy /shrug.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I am using those too. Until I can get anti-borg torpedoes I think I will continue using them or the rapid fire transphasics from the Breen missions.

On a side note, where can I get those Anti-Borg space weapons? I didn't see a reputation project for them. When they removed the Omega vendors from DS9, I lost access.

Your English isn't bad. I can understand you quite well. Mir Deutch sprechen is nicht ser good. :(
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    davidwford wrote: »
    On a side note, where can I get those Anti-Borg space weapons? I didn't see a reputation project for them. When they removed the Omega vendors from DS9, I lost access.

You won't find them anywhere.
    The old ones you could get from DS9 didn't (and still don't) work properly since not all enemy Borg NPCs are properly flagged as BORG and thus the anti-Borg proc does not work against them. The current situation can be summed up as: Cryptic rather removed them from the game than fixed the issue.
  • ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The thing that bugs be about The Hybrid Plasma-Disruptor DHC is that they only have 7.5% accuracy.

One accuracy mod is 10%

/\