test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Dynamic patch failure" while playing Foundry missions

tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
Not sure if this is the right place for posting about issues with playing Foundry missions instead of creating them, but it seemed like the most sensible one. I've had a strange issue where when playing some Foundry missions, when I'm on the loading screen for a random map, the game will suddenly boot me off with the message "Dynamic patch failure: The connection was idle for too long". Attempts to logon again will result in "Account server connection could not be started." for ~10 minutes, but it doesn't affect the rest of my computer's internet access, or any other computer on the network. After ~10 minutes, the logon will succeed, then I just select the character I was on, and the game loads up the exact map that it was stuck on when I was booted from the server. This has occurred to me in at least a dozen different instances, on various missions.

I've only noticed this happen to me while playing Foundry missions; any other kind of server kink that requires a logon usually bumps my off onto a social map, not take me back to my exact place in a Foundry mission. Does anyone have any idea what I'm experiencing? Anyone else have this behavior?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It sounds like a connection issue. You may be able to mitigate this problem by selecting the options in the launcher and turning off dynamic patching. This will make your patches larger, but will prevent patching issues (and make some maps load a little faster.)
  • Options
    mango6645mango6645 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same problem here. It happened on the last map of a mission. Different character, different map... same result. How surprising, something new is introduced/patched... and something else is broken. I hate cyrptic...
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Already had the on-demand patching, and suffering this issue now, so far, on my Fed Tac.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    zzomb1zzomb1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having the issue also.

So picking dissable on demmand pacthing and running a full patch should fix it?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ok, tool 2 retries for the launcher to acknowledge disabling On-demand patching, now it's RE-patching, let you know how it goes when it's done & I restart the laptop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ok, finally got done, seems to be working with on-demand patching disabled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zzomb1zzomb1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok, finally got done, seems to be working with on-demand patching disabled.

Doing that fixed the issue for me too . thy i gues.
  • Options
    hoipoloihoipoloi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have on demand patching disabled and I still am getting this issue... anyone have any ideas?
  • Options
    dukhatnaranekdukhatnaranek Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah same happening to me too. With and without dynamic patching.
  • Options
    captakiracaptakira Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same thing happening to me. Was working fine earlier then started to get error on final map. I have always had on demand patching disabled.
  • Options
    captakiracaptakira Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just tried the same mission on a different toon and now getting this error when trying to load the mission 1st map. Hope they restart the foundry sever soon. Before my daily bonus resets in just l a little over an hour.
This discussion has been closed.