test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

20% off Costume Slots Sale [Now Ended]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
From now through August 18th, 2013, we are having a 20% off sale on costume slots. Now is the perfect time to start planning your captain's summer outfits!

Enjoy!
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OOOoooOOOOooo! :eek:

This is great! Time to pick up some more slots. Thank you!

:D

P.S. Is there a limit to the number of costume slots someone can have?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if i buy more slots will it make more slots that i cant uses KDF side old bug devs IGNORE
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    From now through August 14th, 2013, we are having a 20% off sale on costume slots. Now is the perfect time to start planning your captain's summer outfits!

Enjoy!

Thanks Brandon! Time for more slots!

How about adding costumes to the sale? People might be inclined to buy even more costume slots if they could get additional costumes at a discount. :)

Mind you, I already own all the costumes (except for the ones in the DS9 bundle), so this wouldn't help me personally.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fix me and others being able to use my current paid for and free costume slots, and i'll buy more costumes.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This just brings up the pain of not being able to modify my previously bought ones.
  • tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When they fix the costumes we have already spent money on, then I will consider purchasing slots.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=739931

The bugs for the 22nd(Even the name is bugged! They are actually 23rd) Century uniforms, as well as the long standing issues with many models and clipping, is disgusting, especially when these sales comes along, encouraging people to spend (more) money on broken items.
  • r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, I bought the 2 extra costume slots for 200, but when I go to the tailor I don't see any new slots for my outfits, do I have to do something to claim them before I can use them?

Edited to add:
    Yes, it did take the 200 zen.
    Oddly the names of boxes (Large Preview) on the Outfits screen changed from Uniform, Outfit, Outfit (Unlocked by joining a Fleet) to Uniform, Additional Uniform, Additional Uniform. Still only 3 though
  • igloodudeigloodude Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I'd consider buying more costume slots, but since I can't even use the ones I already have (on KDF-aligned Rom) due to that bug, it's pretty much a moot point.
    "B'rel is klingon for 'TRIBBLE'." -cmdrskyfaller
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I might buy more, but then I have bugs like this one to contend with that went Live today:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ah2x7ubytl0oqvr/STOCostumeBug.jpg

My legs! I need them!
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good idea, but I will pass. Since my Romulan has no "Off duty" option like on my Fed. Even though the Romulan is with the Feds. My KDF has such limits I don't even bother to change his looks. The Romulan isn't much better for options.

Plus with the "save" feature. I just go to the tailor. Select the outfit and pay the price. And go on my way. When I get tired of my look.

Fix the issues on the outfits. Then I will be more than happy to add more.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    edited June 2013
    farmallm wrote: »
    Good idea, but I will pass. Since my Romulan has no "Off duty" option like on my Fed...
    Today's release notes say that all factions should have Off Duty costumes now, and describes how to access them. Is this new feature not working?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Enterprise Maco plox
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Today's release notes say that all factions should have Off Duty costumes now, and describes how to access them. Is this new feature not working?

I didn't see the notes til just now. I will log on soon. So I will see what they have. I'm glad to see this added to the Romulan and KDF. I use it on my Fed often.

• tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dont mean to be a b*, but really, as others have said... kinda pointless when our existing extra costume slots are bugged and unusable, and any new ones are likely to end up that way as well.
    Dont mean to be a b*, but really, as others have said... kinda pointless when our existing extra costume slots are bugged and unusable, and any new ones are likely to end up that way as well.

The bugs needs to be sorted out. That will help a good bit. However what stopped me on this sell. Is the lack of outfits. Only the Feds gets the best selection.

• organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hoped for Boff unlocked off-duty uniform options.
    but is is still only the captain :(
  • robertusorobertuso Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hoped for Boff unlocked off-duty uniform options.
    but is is still only the captain :(

Yes, this needs to be added. I was hoping to give my boffs the risian clothes but its not possible because of this unnecessary limitation :(
  • solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone having problems with off-duty costumes on Romulans? Can't select the option.
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Summer outfit? Which summer outfit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Summer outfit? Which summer outfit?
    There are two new outfits: The Risa Explorer Outfit and Risa Beach-comber Outfit. There is also a Lohlunant Flower Accent Pack which allows you to wear flowers (like Hawaian Leis) over your regular uniforms. These three sets are available via the Risa Summer Event and cost 600 Lohlunant Favors each. Finally, there are four new sunglasses (Octagon, Shield, Small Round, and Visor) that can be purchased at any GPL vendor for 10k GPL (40k for the set).

These unlocks are per character. You can also purchase (or sell) the Gift Boxes via the Exchange. Last I saw, the uniforms were going for about 10M EC, the glasses for about 100k each. I expect these prices to drop significantly as Favors flood the market.

More Details here:
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=925601

:cool:

• mynamesthedoctormynamesthedoctor Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Edit: I had trouble finding the "off duty" drop-down selector but it turns out they moved it from the "Uniform" screen to the "Head" screen for some reason with LoR.
  • romulanyesusromulanyesus Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I purchased them....... CAN'T USE THEM THOUGH

Complete waste of money
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    I purchased them....... CAN'T USE THEM THOUGH

Complete waste of money

Can you provide more information on the issue you are experiencing? Additionally, after you post, please send me a forum PM with your character's name.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    The costume slot sale has been extended! It is now through August 18th, 2013 (originally through the 14th).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The costume slot sale has been extended! It is now through August 18th, 2013 (originally through the 14th).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Fix bugged costumes! The TNG pants are bugged like hell for almost a month now and you guys know it!

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited August 2013
    I love costumes! I'll buy more more slots (and the Romulan TNG Uniform pack) once you fix the bugs cerritourug is relisting above (especially, or at least the TNG pants) and these two as well:

Romulan 22nd Century Uniforms
    The problem is that the top doesn't use the same color pallet as the rest of the uniform (especially the Sash).

The top uses the Federation Standard color pallet, while the Sash and other parts of the uniform use the Off Duty Pastel pallet. With the latter OD pallet we can get nearly identical to what was shown on the TV show and what's in the C-Store now, that would be ideal to use that, but either pallet would do, so long as all pieces matched.

The product was advertised in this Cryptic Sample Image included in the costume blog and similar to what was posted in the Legacy Pack page. It is apparent the pieces match-up.

The July 11, 2013 Release Notes mention these uniforms should now allow proper tinting for all pieces and color palates for all items should now match each other. It was reported by multiple forum posts, the same day, after the patch and I opened ticket ID #1,870,122 that the issue still exists.

As an additional note, these should be renamed 23rd Century Uniforms, or better yet Romulan TOS Uniforms. It also would be nice if female characters could use the helmet.

Extreme Clipping Added to The Romulan Republic 1 Uniform
    This used to be my favorite Romulan Uniform, but with the July 25, 2013 update to Holodeck the uniform got broken. It appears a new undershirt (part of the RR2 uni?) was added and is clipping with the original top. Here are before and after pictures. The before as the costume appeared at LoR launch and up until the July 25 update, the latter showing where it now clips (highlighted by white circles).

The problem was reported by multiple Tribble forum posts and on July 16, 2013, via Tribble ticket ID #42,206.

Thanks.

• psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm sorry to read that these obvious bugs continue amongst the newest of costumes.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sigh... now one of my costume slots - which was working yesterday - has stopped working today. Cant modify, wear or rename it or anything. I didnt even do anything at the tailor at all between yesterday and today... tried reloading the client, nothing.

Sad... what happened to the big LoR bugfix patch? Or did that happen...
    Speaking of severe clipping, Omega 2 costume unlock shows hefty clipping around your neck (even with neck-bulk set to 0). That's 1500 Marks for the full set, plus 250 for the costume unlock (not to mention the dilithium required). And all for an unwearable costume. :(
    3lsZz0w.jpg
This discussion has been closed.