test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Summer Event is Live! [Now Ended]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Risa's new resort island is now open and ready for you to explore! Jump in-game now to participate in special events that could earn you unique rewards, including a FREE Risian corvette starship.

Learn more about the Summer Event here.

Update! (8/5/13): The "Flying High" daily on Risa for free pearls is back on until this Wednesday, August 7th, 2013 at 10AM PDT. Thanks for your patience as we looked into why it turned off earlier than expected -- we apologize for any inconvenience and hope you enjoy the extra amount of time.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• valetheonvaletheon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Jetpacks...err Floaters = Awesome :D
    "Sometimes we're freakin idiots, and that's fun" -Fleetmate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One of many reminders that i'm not a REAL Romulan. >_<
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My Romulan is being told that he has not advanced far enough to warp to that sector yet. (She's a Romulan Commander in a D'D)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm really looking forward to this! I love the Winter Wonderland Event. I can't to get my Summer Partying On.

Alas, I'm at work for another ~6hrs... :rolleyes:

>Stares at clock in a futile attempt to quicken the hands of time...<

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll take a look, but no swimwear is a major buzz-kill.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• samsonthegreatsamsonthegreat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I cant cancel the Crystalline Event in the Event reputation to get the store for the summer event. Is that on purpose or am i just screwed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samson: Tactical Officer Federation Admiral
    ZuZu: Engineering Officer Klingon General
    Jev: Science Officer Romulan Admiral
    The Most Common Sight in STO : SERVER NOT RESPONDING (999.9s)
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would be really great if you announced what species can't wear the sunglasses.... My Ferengi is out 10k GPL... not happy
  • salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    We're working on a solution for players that have the Crystalline Entity slotted and put the Risan Store Project in the "Add Next Project" tab.

For now, you can still earn Lohlunat Pearls and Lohlunut Favors with no problem. Once the issue is resolved you'll be able to spend them freely.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
  • farktoid5000farktoid5000 Member Posts: 72 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    If you put the Event Reputation project behind the Crystalline Event, have no fear! You can still collect favors and pearls, and there are vendors on Risa with everything you need. We are working on a fix that will allow you to take the summer project out and re-slot it in another spot.
    Follow your friendly neighborhood EQAH on Twitter! @CrypticEQAH
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    It would be really great if you announced what species can't wear the sunglasses.... My Ferengi is out 10k GPL... not happy
    Your Ferengi can't wear them? Huh. The Dev Blog that talked about the sunglasses only says:
    NOTE: Due to facial geometry limitations, this eyewear cannot be worn by Caitian, Ferasan, Saurian or Gorn captains. We apologize for the inconvenience.

It doesn't say Ferengi can't wear them... I wonder what other races are blocked from using them...

:rolleyes:

I do agree with you, though. It shouldn't just be stated in a blog. The vendor should spell out the disclaimer about who can't wear them.

:o

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your Ferengi can't wear them? Huh. The Dev Blog that talked about the sunglasses only says:

It doesn't say Ferengi can't wear them... I wonder what other races are blocked from using them...

:rolleyes:

I do agree with you, though. It shouldn't just be stated in a blog. The vendor should spell out the disclaimer about who can't wear them.

:o

My guess is facial structure of certain races make the sunglasses look silly. I agree that it should be better communicated though. Especially with the Ferengi, which were not mentioned in the blog.

That said, so far I am having a good time with the event. Got a few favors already and working my way up to the beachgoer outfit.

I was worried about the floater race, since I can't navigate in the air real well, but having done it once, and having no issue despite some clueless moments. I would say I shouldn't have too much problems getting my ship. :D
  • melnibornemelniborne Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the Jet packs are a blast the courses are fun. only thing I do not like is the clothes rewards are dull and boring I really do not like the picard goes back to the vinyard look could we get some thing more akin to the other vacationers?

oh and id i mention the jet packs are awesome....... seriuously let us use them else where they are a blast!
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The map is very beatiful and it is fun to fly around (once you got a jet pack that doesn't diaappear midflight....). :)

The first thing I saw when I beamed down to Risa were a girl in a strap bathing suit and a shirtless guy...... a minute later a guy dared me to find him later...he was wearing a speedo, nothing else.... and then I realized that almost everyone on that damn resort is half naked ! NPC's that is ! There is even a Pakled guy who wears no shirt ! Booooo ! :(
  • baronvonhellerbaronvonheller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Risa looks fantastic! Great work gang! :)
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bravo!

I'd love a swimsuit (not for fanservice reasons, but so I can go swimming in that beautiful blue sea), but other than that its just a beautiful place. Serene, relaxing, and reminds me of a trip I took to Hawaii a few years ago.

And seeing the new ship actually floats, gives a whole new meaning to Captain's Yacht. Now I have to have it just on principle. :D
  • redbeardjimredbeardjim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Question -- the costume rewards like the Beachcomber's gear, are they unlocked for all characters on an account or only for the one who actually purchases it?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You guys put Pavyl in so you could giggle while you watch people ask "Where's Pavyl?" as a joke based on "Where's Sulu?" didn't you?

Didn't you?

I know you did.

Don't deny it.

(Because I'm laughing at it too lmao!)
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, it's Live, and it has quite a few bugs, too. Like this one. Where's my legs?!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ah2x7ubytl0oqvr/STOCostumeBug.jpg
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    we want the jetpacks on new romulus... :) they are great

the two events dancing and the hunt are not much fun tho, the winter event did it much better :(

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Second NPC I talked to was a wealth of ... grammatical errors (ok , only two) .

Had flashbacks from the Rommy tutorial -- Cryptic needs moar proofreading .

Oh and the Dance 4 Favors is way too long , the jetpack could use a 'fly down' button , and the "Fly High" mission could use a separately displayed timer (if you have several missions picked up , the timer get's lost in the window) .

That be my feedback .
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My Captain has just finished the first day of his holiday on Risa, and it was an absolute blast! Really love the map work, the dancing event and the jet packs are just awesome!

Thanks for all the hard work and attention to detail.

Tomorrow he goes exploring the rest of the island... can't wait. :D
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guess what. I am playing since beta and for the very first time I was on Risa. Yes, it is the truth.

Now, to the Summer Event.

I like the map and the EV Artist showed quite a creativity in my opinion. Kudos to that.
    The atmosphere is really trying to transport as it were summer, but sadly some essential failures of the event prevent it from making me go there once again.

1) No swimmwear

There are a ton of NPCs running around bare chest and in swim suits, but sadly I have to run and fly around in my Uniform. Guess those Uniforms must be thermo-active somehow.
    From an RPG standpoint it totally breaks immersion and downgrades the event.

2) The lack of free for fun activities
    It would have been a nice gesture to implement a speed boat game and a speed boat for rent just to have fun.

3) Jetpacks
    I know a lot of people asked for something like this but I don't think it fits into Star Trek Online. The initial thought I had when I flew with this thing was "Champions Online". This is nothing bad, but it is just a personal issue I have. It just feels weird for a Star Trek game. Although, I has never been done in any ST game before.

4) The Corvette
    This is perhaps the major issue I have. The Corvette is just breaking game balance in terms of available ships. It is in many cases superior than RA ships which are designed with high end technology. And then a space speed boat comes along and outshines a lot of "military" ships of the line from any faction. Just because something is new - in this case the "Free ship" doesn't mean it has to outshine any existing ships.
    Please value game equalty and canon when you guys design such things the next time. There was absolutely no need to outfit the corvette in such extend.
    It is very nice of you having done so, but please think first the next time.

Overall, the summer event is a nice addition, but due various issues and reward distributions it was my first and last time there.
    I ordered my crew to prepare departing the orbit of Risa and will grant officers on duty shore leave when it is suitable per assignments. For me it was nice to see the clear blue water. I will spend my summer somewhere else in the Quadrant, but not on Risa.

Have fun all :)
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No swimsuits? Really, who am I to spend my vacation on tropical island wearing uniform? Worf?
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I LOVE the jetpack. Great fun with that.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm sorry Cryptic, you have done a great job with this new Risa Event. :D

But why only let it last until August? This map is so much more fun then the old Risa. Please let this replace or complement the other map. Maybe without some of the rewards like the Pearls or something, like you've done with the Old Featured Episodes.

It is simply too good to only be available a short time every year.

But I agree about the lack of swimsuits or even swimming. You should be able to learn from Champions about swimming. Beach bonfires and maybe something fun connected with that? Stop the fire from spreading with fire extinguishers or cook something in the fire. Tall stories or listen to music etc.

Also, you really should allow women to wear the Capri pants and males the shorts as well. Why this fascination of yours to limit costumes so much. Please look to Champions for that as well and unlock more costumes for everyone. If Worf could have a Starfleet uniform, we should be able to put all out crew in the same uniform as well.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This event is hilarious. Watching zone chat can be more entertaining than the actual activities. Between "Where's Pavyl?!" "How do I fly up/down on my jetpack?!" and my all time favorite, "HOW DO I DANCE??" I found myself laughing more than anything. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The hatch egg doff mission is WAY too long. Instead of 24 hours it should be more like 15 mins-4 hours max. especially since there is the raise doff missions to do on top of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thedepressedonethedepressedone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm just curious as to wether or not there is a level restriction on the Summer Event?

My friend is zooming around orbit of Risa, but only gets a prompt to land on the surface (not the event location).
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited June 2013
    I really like the event.

The Floaters are great, and so is the day/night cycle and environment of Risa.
    The Events are okay, not too much grind.

I hope when the Event is over that we still can beam down and use our Floaters on Risa?
  • pwetacodeathpwetacodeath Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm guessing this is a Fed only event seeing as Risa is in Fed territory....
    I am not a Mod. I am just a player. You have been informed :cool:
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm guessing this is a Fed only event seeing as Risa is in Fed territory....

Instead of guessing, try reading for a change ! :P
This discussion has been closed.