test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg

zombiehunter64zombiehunter64 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
does anyone but me want them to make borg a playable race like they showed a few years ago in there promo trailers
Post edited by zombiehunter64 on

Comments

• sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They are playable...if you are a lifer!
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    heh, I tried to propose it a few weeks ago and got shot down, badly :(
  • crowsplat69crowsplat69 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only of they disable sprinting on ground and change base movement speed to a slow walk.

Have fun doing any mission with a map bigger than a closet..
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Playable Borg are in the game, do an STF and get assimilated.

That's what being a Borg is.:P

Oh and isn't "Playable Borg" a contradiction in terms?
    Playable Borg are in the game, do an STF and get assimilated.

That's what being a Borg is.:P

Oh and isn't "Playable Borg" a contradiction in terms?

Yeah it would be more like signing up for the collective to play you. I think we should roll with this one.

You create a Borg character and input all of your contact information. Whenever the collective has a task for you, you will receive a call or text or whatever. These tasks can be as cool as fighting a massive space battle or as mundane as repairing a damaged conduit and the calls can come at ANY time.

Failure to respond within a given time period will result in the collective destroying your obviously defective drone (read character deletion).

If that is not what you mean by having playable Borg then you probably only want them so you can be the baddest TRIBBLE on the block.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is only two ways to create a borg faction, lose all control as a member of the Borg Collective or belong to a faction like Hugh's group, the Borg Cooperative, Unimatrix Zero, or some other similar Borg faction where they have regained their individuality. Not every liberated Borg drone can go back to their previous life since their is no life to get back to.
  • lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't think that you will see them in the game in the near future.
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh yeah, a mindless, shuffling, zombie robot. What exciting gameplay. :rolleyes:
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My liberated borg character is based on the fact that the Borg Collective has obtained knowledge from thousands of races. The art, music, philosophical debates, architecture, and technology that she has seen is phenomenal and can never be seen by any member not part of the Collective. One of her side projects is to duplicate the most impressive knowledge that she has learned and passing that knowledge to everyone she can. Of course, the most dangerous knowledge she keeps to herself. Its one thing to re-create impressive works of art and let everyone enjoy it, it is something else to re-create impressive weapons of mass destruction and give everyone the knowledge to create them.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh yeah, a mindless, shuffling, zombie robot. What exciting gameplay. :rolleyes:

Kinda like the rep grinding we do . . .
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?