test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stay safe on Risa

vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
In the upcoming summer event there will be no option to enjoy Risa's beaches in anything resembling appropriate beach wear.

This can only mean one thing :
Risa's ozone layer has decayed to such a point that it is no longer safe to to venture out under the Risan sun!!!!!

The only way to keep yourself safe from the dangerous levels of UV is keep your EV suit on AT ALL TIMES!!!!!!

Spread the word, it might get hot and sweaty inside the suit but it's better than the lethal alternatives

This message has been approved by the Starfleet Medical Council
Post edited by vorga113 on

Comments

• housewearthouseweart Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    --As a member of Starfleet Engineering, I'll say this: EV suits are self-contained. That means they have an atmosphere separate of the environment. So your statement that someone would get warm inside of one, is woefully inaccurate.

--You're from Medical, so you may not have been aware. Just thought I'd let you know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Playing Since: October 28, 2009
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Full armoured EV suits are required as there are many sexually starved natives who need to be contained
    Live long and Prosper
  • amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vorga113 wrote: »
    In the upcoming summer event there will be no option to enjoy Risa's beaches in anything resembling appropriate beach wear.

This can only mean one thing :
    Risa's ozone layer has decayed to such a point that it is no longer safe to to venture out under the Risan sun!!!!!

The only way to keep yourself safe from the dangerous levels of UV is keep your EV suit on AT ALL TIMES!!!!!!

Spread the word, it might get hot and sweaty inside the suit but it's better than the lethal alternatives

This message has been approved by the Starfleet Medical Council

As long as the place has root beer soda, burgers and a good library, I'm there.
  • vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    houseweart wrote: »
    --As a member of Starfleet Engineering, I'll say this: EV suits are self-contained. That means they have an atmosphere separate of the environment. So your statement that someone would get warm inside of one, is woefully inaccurate.

--You're from Medical, so you may not have been aware. Just thought I'd let you know.

If you really were from Engineering then you'd have found a way to fix Risa's weather\atmosphere control systems which would then allow people to get out of thier EV suits and properly enjoy the Risan beaches, swimwear and all.

But you haven't fixed the control systems so you must be an imposter.

Remember : Stay in your suits AT ALL TIMES!!!1!1!!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,464 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm hoping for some unique doff assignments for ruins on Risa. A change of pace from the usual assignments.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Am parking my ship in Orbit around Risa if I see anyone in EV suits am calling down for orbit Bombardment.:D
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
    edited June 2013
    alikain wrote: »
    Am parking my ship in Orbit around Risa if I see anyone in EV suits am calling down for orbit Bombardment.:D

If anyone taking the proper enviromental precautions on Risa see's alikain, remember to run over and give her a big hug, so she can share in the orbital bombardment :D

Just remember Mal'ignent Mel'Anoma isn't part of the Orion syndicate, stay safe on Risa and keep that EV suit on AT AlL TiMeS!!1!11111!#~
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think wearing EV suits would be an appropriate (if visually unattractive) way to protest the lack of swimwear.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't always go to Risa, but when I do, its in Nanocrystalline.

Slip slap and slop, my friends. :D

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A logical conclusion... I think for the safety of everyone the EV suit should be the only thing allowed. I'll definitely be making sure I'm safe and my body is adequately covered not only for my safety but to preserve the delicate sensitivities of others.

I'll definitely be keeping my EV suit on!!
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Never been to Risa - my two toons (Betazoid and Romulan) are all work no play kind of guy. In any event, they are immune to the "dangerous" environment of Risa, so should be fine without EV suits.
    edited June 2013
    iskandus wrote: »
    Never been to Risa - my two toons (Betazoid and Romulan) are all work no play kind of guy. In any event, they are immune to the "dangerous" environment of Risa, so should be fine without EV suits.

If they really are all work and no play type of guys then they are simply not prepared for what awaits them on Risa. While the EV suit will help with the deadly UV levels a layer of "Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Modesty Sensitive Glass" can be added to the EV suits helmet so that they won't be traumatised by the sight of those vistors without the good sense to wear full enviromental protection. As "Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Modesty Sensitive Glass" goes completely dark in the presence of anyone exposing more than an ankle or if anything 'fun' is happening, it will both preserve the delicate sensibilites of your captains and prevent them from observing anything that has the slightest possibility of turning them into all play, no work kind of guys.

Keep your EV suit on AT ALL TIMES!! You know it makes sense.