test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #25

Comments

• queetzqueetz Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    it also says at this time after saying no swimwear so there can be a possibility of it

And there can be a possibility that it will never happen, given their attitude towards the subject. After all, what about those KDF Marauding Boff costumes....will that ever be fixed? :rolleyes:
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    At this time I'd rather see current stuff fixed over getting more broken costumes and such that don't even work right.
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    questerius wrote: »
    Let me be the first to ask: What are the stats for the Risian Corvette

Won't be installed 'til Tuesday.
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    really really - Gene? I mean Kirk had his shirt ripped off or taken off in every 3rd episode. There were girls in bikinis or just as much clothing in every 3rd epsiode to.

The JJtrek movie just out made a HUGE scene of having the new Blond babe show up in her underwear - it was plastered on trailers and pictures everwhere- and the movie are PG!!

Come on - there really has to be a better excuse than CBS.

The real issue and wacky thing is that a little skin in a video game is faux pas in America - but on T.V prime time or PG movies its ok??

I think you missed the sarcasm in my post, lol. I was making fun of the idea that CBS would disapprove. Of course Star Trek is full of skin. So bring on the canon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    it also says at this time after saying no swimwear so there can be a possibility of it

If I read "Cryptic" correctly, then I would translate "at this time" as "during this year, at least."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Didn't you get the memo?

This is the Risan Festival of P'Jem, sponsored by the Vulcan High Command. It is a peculiar mix of Pon Farr and Kohlinahr rituals. You get to dance, but also have to pray... a LOT! All the drinks have synthahol only, no alcohol. No cigars, only incense. Just wait for the next event: The Wedding on Betazed to the alien you met while blindfolded on Risa...
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I won't be bothering with the ship, no self respecting Klingon would fly one, now the Jungle Uniform has me interested though a shame that the KDF player base for years has been screaming for new uniforms and yet they have time and motivation to make uniforms that the vast majority of the playerbase will probably never have. Look at the Winter jacket, I was never able to get one and I rarely see one on a players character these days.

I also feel these events should be renamed as it's certainly not summer where I am and considering it's a multinational game with gamers from all over the globe. Nickpick there.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    'No swimwear will be available at this point'

Oh dear - I suspect rage on the horizon. Though I must admit, the lack of swimwear does make a mockery of vising a tropical paradise.

Cryptic got paid off my the GCHSM. It's so obvious. And It's an outrate. The Federation Council should call for an immediately investigation into this.

GCHSM == Galactic Consortium of Hawaiian Shirt Manufacturers
    :D
    edited June 2013
    suprcheeze wrote: »
    That's STO's texture data. As I mentioned earlier, swimsuits (at least two female versions) exist in complete fashion in the current live game data.

Are all textures like that have "uniform" in the name? I was assuming that "uniform" would refer to something wearable by the player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • suprcheezesuprcheeze Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Are all textures like that have "uniform" in the name? I was assuming that "uniform" would refer to something wearable by the player.
    The "uniform" bit doesn't have anything to do with whether or not something is player-wearable, insofar as I can tell. It mainly seems to refer to which slot the piece belongs to. UniformU for shirts, jackets, and whatnot. UniformL for pants, skirts, etc., and so on for other parts like hands, feet, etc.
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For the people complaining "Why are the KDF allowed to come? Don't you know there's a war on?" You folks ever heard of an armistice, or a ceasefire?

Which is plausible in the proper context but the reasons given for it is anything but.

"to celebrate their culture?s welcoming diversity, the Risians have even negotiated special access for members of the Klingon Defense Force."

Which is basically like saying hey look we here at Risian have decided to have a holiday so you people can take a break from all that killing. We've even negotiated for you to come down to Risa to relax with your mortal enemies that you were locked in hand to hand combat moments before. Which unless they have some magic hippy mojo powers sounds like a strawman case at best given Klingons wouldn't even want to come to Risa if Worf is any indicator. Of whom I would consider far more out going than most Klingons.
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I won't be bothering with the ship, no self respecting Klingon would fly one,

If it is as fast as they claim then it could be the perfect ship when Klingon warriors run out of vital supplies (Targ and Bloodwine).

No need to send a fast, but valuable BoP nor a need to wait for those slow freighters to arrive..

Besides, the KDF is more than just Klingons. I'm sure more than one Orion will want one as pimp mobile.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Which is plausible in the proper context but the reasons given for it is anything but.

"to celebrate their culture?s welcoming diversity, the Risians have even negotiated special access for members of the Klingon Defense Force."

Which is basically like saying hey look we here at Risian have decided to have a holiday so you people can take a break from all that killing. We've even negotiated for you to come down to Risa to relax with your mortal enemies that you were locked in hand to hand combat moments before. Which unless they have some magic hippy mojo powers sounds like a strawman case at best given Klingons wouldn't even want to come to Risa if Worf is any indicator. Of whom I would consider far more out going than most Klingons.

Would you rather they put "We made boatloads of Money on the Winter event, So now we wanted a Summer event, and because we have to invite everyone, or people won't spend money, we are"

Seriously, 90% of the explanations for anything in game related to just straight MMO stuff, is a murky explanation at best.

You wanted costumization, Turns out "Starfleet" updated its "Uniform Code" so officers could wear whatever uniform they wanted (and were willing to buy).
  • ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Worf isn't an indicator of anything. I recall in one of the TNG episodes, Klingons mingled with their enemies in a tavern, which made Worf feel awkward and out of place. To a Klingon, the battlefield is where you fight, and taverns are not battlefields. Or in this case, Risa is not a battlefield.
  • robertusorobertuso Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Notice: The Risian Hospitality Association reminds visitors that unsupervised deepwater areas are off limits, as they are not safe for swimming until monitoring systems are in place. No swimwear will be provided to guests at this time."

could that simply mean they will be added later during the event like the cross faction weapons from the winter event?
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Terran TOS era outfits and Orion outfits allow characters to be already more skimpy then a more modest swimsuit.

So I really dont see a problem.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I see Dan Stahl is too afraid to show his face in here. Yet more proof he shouldnt be the captain of this ship. We cant even get straight talk out of him anymore.

He looks absolutely stupid for greenlighting a TON of artwork for Risa, which SOUNDS awesome, yet didnt make sure the very thing that makes the artwork appreciated by the players is simple bathing suits. It was one thing when Risa was a desolate forgotten place and we all wanted swimwear. But now the entire map got a MASSIVE overhaul and STILL cant work on swimwear. Others made the point, they can restrict things to certain maps in other scenarios, why not just Risa? I already said I would have been willing to pay $5 for an ACCOUNT unlock of swimwear JUST available on Risa.

I understand the point of all those chest textures to model, but I think at the very least all males could have got the standard human male chest color matching the players skin, and that would have been an acceptable compromise for THIS year until they had more time to work on more chest textures.

NOBODY is buying the Cryptic modesty policy Dan when you allow Orion TRIBBLE to run around the game, so we need a REALLY REALLY REALLY good excuse as to why we are not getting simple bathing suits.

And another thing, this Risa map is sticking around permanently, right, RIGHT?

Talk to your customers Dan. Stop looking foolish with your silence. Help us understand your decisions. We arent asking for future info here, we want answers on a decision already made and apparently too late to fix.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The real issue and wacky thing is that a little skin in a video game is faux pas in America - but on T.V prime time or PG movies its ok??

This is probably because the conservative types (i.e. the ones who would complain the loudest about it) still haven't given up the "video games are for kids" mindset. Thus, in their minds, any sexy stuff in a game must be targeted at an audience of minors.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited June 2013
    This is probably because the conservative types (i.e. the ones who would complain the loudest about it) still haven't given up the "video games are for kids" mindset. Thus, in their minds, any sexy stuff in a game must be targeted at an audience of minors.

That makes sense - never thought of it that way. They should worry lot's more about other stuff kids are getting into online these days than video games.

But I don't think there are many kids in America who have not been to a public pool or a beach in their life - so it still does not make logical sense.

Most beaches in Europe are tops optional. Actually Canada to!!
    edited June 2013
    Would you rather they put "We made boatloads of Money on the Winter event, So now we wanted a Summer event, and because we have to invite everyone, or people won't spend money, we are"

Seriously, 90% of the explanations for anything in game related to just straight MMO stuff, is a murky explanation at best.

You wanted costumization, Turns out "Starfleet" updated its "Uniform Code" so officers could wear whatever uniform they wanted (and were willing to buy).

Well I'm just saying I'd like things to make semi sense. So far it makes about as much sense as Khan damaging the Enterprise then stopping mid battle and saying "you know what Kirk we should take a break and go to Risa for some R & R , I'll kill you tomorrow.":P
    I know I'm making a bit of a fuss over nothing but lets face it if we don't make a bit of a fuss they'll keep on doing this without even realizing people want these missions to be a little better thought out. Or at least I hope people want things better thought out.
    Though I'm beginning to think people will accept anything as long as there's something shinny at the end to add to their loot bag.:rolleyes:

ruminate00 wrote: »
    Worf isn't an indicator of anything. I recall in one of the TNG episodes, Klingons mingled with their enemies in a tavern, which made Worf feel awkward and out of place. To a Klingon, the battlefield is where you fight, and taverns are not battlefields. Or in this case, Risa is not a battlefield.

Perhaps but somehow I just can't see Klingons frolicking on the beach in tight swim shorts playing volley ball , call me crazy but it just seems out of character to me.:P
    edited June 2013

Perhaps but somehow I just can't see Klingons frolicking on the beach in tight swim shorts playing volley ball , call me crazy but it just seems out of character to me.:P

If they can like prune juice then anything is possible. Don't stereotype the KDF. They will own you at volleyball.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I'm just saying I'd like things to make semi sense. So far it makes about as much sense as Khan damaging the Enterprise then stopping mid battle and saying "you know what Kirk we should take a break and go to Risa for some R & R , I'll kill you tomorrow.":P

Ever heard of the Christmas Truce in 1914 during World War One? French and German soldiers, without orders, all along the western front, declared their own ceasefire and fraternized with the enemy. You sometimes get stuff like that in wars where the combatants believe strongly in honor and dignity in battle rather than in hatred of the opposing force.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce
  • issvanoraissvanora Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seeing as I nubbed around on tribble they already have bare feet 3 toes Klingon etc for the outfits. The rest of the body however doesnt adopt and stays the generic male/female body form anckles to the neck. No texture change or anything which makes me to believe once again. All toons use the same mesh/skeleton when it comes to the body. So the only thing that would happen with people in swim suits would be there race would be mismatching.

But since swimwear has always bin in STO I cant believe it cant be added. Orions run around in bikini's all the time. so not wanting a captain in a bikini on a bridge is just alot of.. Well either way. The problem I have more is that there was said the summer event would contain swimwear and then pulling back the so called gift from us.

(Was announced on a tribble Devolp talk before the release of LoR. Two to three months before the release of LoR.)

So either way, stop promising things and then not giving them. Or give them. In the C-store or reward wise. But its rather rude to promise something then break it and be silent about it.

Secondly female atm have the same option as Orion girls on tribble to use the "bare chest" option. There are lots of NPC on tribble on risa in Swimwear. And there also added sunglasses, Flower bands for head, belt, and wrists. Which gives me still the hope they want to release it. But need to polish it. So I will keep my fingers crossed. Still. Its sad if its not released on a summer event. Its not like when you go to the beach its 30 degrees C out there and everyone is wearing.. Winterclothing and full dressed clothing. Its hardly something we should be ashamed of wearing swim gear. If thats already starting to be wrong then god where is this world going to ; /

And then the beachgear they give us, are daisy duke pants. So its not THAT far away from being swimgear already.
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the update, ISSVanora. Any screenshots?

Also, have you seen this?
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • suprcheezesuprcheeze Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stararmy wrote: »

Your link is broken there...
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It should be fixed now. It certainly got my attention.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • issvanoraissvanora Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stararmy wrote: »

Depents you want the Hotpants, the barechest option showin or the Risa NPC's. For the NPC just hop on tribble and go there. The normal Risa beach shows most of the outfits already there. The male pants, the Female Hot pants, and the new bikini's for the females. There not all to revealin near the Jadzia outfit. Showin a little bit more skin. Either way let me make some screenshots and upload them. If there against any NDA Cryptic can edit them out my post :>

Spoilers of the outfit dont click the link if you dont want to know!

Bare chest options (same as orions alas missing the chest top atm.)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/go0v.jpg/

Barefeet option.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/ljvz.png/

Hips;

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/7os.png/

Explorer outfit;

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/dgk.png/
  • manwholaughsmanwholaughs Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will someone please just fire Dan Stahl, he took a great concept such as Star Trek Online and turned it into gambling and grinding simulator where only his bank account is the only real winner.

Don't worry Dan, I am sure there are plenty of positions in Las Vegas just waiting for a guy like you!
  • foxalpha5foxalpha5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    braneric wrote: »
    Not going to lie, the lack of swimwear is pretty dumb. I'm actually wondering if the Crpytic Devs were deliberately instructed to "keep it clean"....

Keep it clean?

Orions.

DeltaFox
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »
    If they can like prune juice then anything is possible. Don't stereotype the KDF. They will own you at volleyball.

Pfft we all know the klingon team cheats it's obviously jacked up on ketrsel white to enhance performance.:P
    Actually stereotyping makes sense in this case because it's a more a general sense of Klingons are rather than the odd balls like Alexander.
    Ever heard of the Christmas Truce in 1914 during World War One? French and German soldiers, without orders, all along the western front, declared their own ceasefire and fraternized with the enemy. You sometimes get stuff like that in wars where the combatants believe strongly in honor and dignity in battle rather than in hatred of the opposing force.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce

Yes I've actually heard of it before but that's a little different they shared similar beliefs and religion. I mean they've even been one country in the past. The Klingons on the other hand have little in common with the Risens and obviously don't share their beliefs. Granted their maybe some sense of honor among warriors like in ww1 where the pilots waved at each other before they started putting guns on the planes but it's not like they'd all take a trip to Hawaii to hangout in their down time that would be ludicrous.