test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mail attachment limit - 100

eugenesyseugenesys Member Posts: 115 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Academy
Does anyone know if the 100 mail attachment limit is character specific or account wide?

eg: 100 mail limit per character ( if you have 2 chars, its 200 in total for 100 each )
or

100 attachments per handle ( regardles of how many chars you have, total will be 100 only )
Post edited by eugenesys on

Comments

• Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    100 item limit per account. not 100 per character.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tenkari wrote: »
    100 item limit per account. not 100 per character.

TRIBBLE. That means lotsa emails to remember for my pack mules. lol
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there any way to copy them to a word document for further reference? Then they can be saved.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's not 100 mails, it's 100 ITEMS in the mail, is the limit. So you can have a bunch of "empty" mails, such as discussions, recipes, advice, whatnot have you, just can't go over 100 "attachments", and a stack, I believe, only counts as 1 item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From what I've been seeing, the cap is 20 mails (on the account). Whatever other message you try to send to to such an account isn't sent, whether it had attachments or not.

Therefore, if you have say 5 mails with no attachments that you want to keep for some reason, you'll only be able to send 75 attachments filling 5 per new message.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ok,

My bad for not making it clear.

I want to abuse the mail entity for what its worth.
    I want to store items as attachments

So hypothetically, if i had 300 items,
    do i need 3 accounts of 100 items each,
    or
    1 account with 3 characters. storing 100 each

Reason i'm asking, is that for each new non gold char, i'd have to play for 24h to be able to send stuff out to my other chars. I know they can do a face to face trade but its slow intra-sector travel....

i'm not willing to store them on the exchange, as you will need to relist them after some time, and i've gotten the inventory space upgrades..
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eugenesys wrote: »
    Ok,

My bad for not making it clear.

I want to abuse the mail entity for what its worth.
    I want to store items as attachments

So hypothetically, if i had 300 items,
    do i need 3 accounts of 100 items each,
    or
    1 account with 3 characters. storing 100 each

Reason i'm asking, is that for each new non gold char, i'd have to play for 24h to be able to send stuff out to my other chars. I know they can do a face to face trade but its slow intra-sector travel....

i'm not willing to store them on the exchange, as you will need to relist them after some time, and i've gotten the inventory space upgrades..

3 accounts.

With 9 characters on my account, I'm still limited to 20 mails, so 100 attachments at most.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    firebird1388firebird1388 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did they fix the mail? I still can't send items and doffs to my alts to use/sell :-(
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did they fix the mail? I still can't send items and doffs to my alts to use/sell :-(

No,

The 100 item limit is an urban legend, and all your mail disappearing was an accident.
    :D

...The less we know the better cryptic feels about us.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG