test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My biggest wish for sto

atticusmasatticusmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
I've been watching ds9 for a while. Upon going to ds9 in the game a couple times, seeing the wormhole makes me think....I really wish that next season or the one after that could focus on the gamma quadrant. It could be very different. Much more hostile - jem'hadar patrols everywhere, much more lawless. Sector space could be different - you could get attacked, warp core knocked out, etc. Repairs would be a lot harder. You could get lost, crash on a a planet, etc. This would take a lot to code but would make this game AWESOME. THere could be exploring missions where you could land on random planets and stumble upon secrets about the jem'hadar or other things. Essentially it would make this game a lot more fun because it won't be as easy to just dock at a starbase and get repaired completely every time you get an owie. This could take a fair amount of coding, but the thing is, the textures for the inside of the wormhole, the mouth of the wormhole, etc are already done. All that would have to be changed would probably be the way sector space works. I know that ideas like this aren't usually taken, but I figured I'd share this.
Post edited by atticusmas on

Comments

• adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Firstly, paragraphs are you friends, secondly, I like this idea and it opens the way for new factions (Dominion anyone?) with a completely different endgame and it would be a good way to start the removal of sector block load screens that they've said they have planned.

We could have new warzones and everything, a fresh start for the most part... think of all those exploration missions/zones, (for Cryptic) think of the profit... it would be cool :)
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • atticusmasatticusmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Firstly, paragraphs are you friends, secondly, I like this idea and it opens the way for new factions (Dominion anyone?) with a completely different endgame and it would be a good way to start the removal of sector block load screens that they've said they have planned.

We could have new warzones and everything, a fresh start for the most part... think of all those exploration missions/zones, (for Cryptic) think of the profit... it would be cool :)

Yes! They are our friends - sadly I did type this on my tablet and didn't format it too well.
  • vassago10vassago10 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I Have a great Idea, and i want to know your opinion about it, , i think they can add it in game in a (blink),, here it comes what if, all newbies at the beginning , like every single officer must earn there first , new ship. and they should start ,, yes ,, there it comes as a first officer ,, fits totaly in a startrek story and easy build in,, well let me know how you guys think about it,,, sory for my english writting skills cause iam dutch (-.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vassago10 wrote: »
    I Have a great Idea, and i want to know your opinion about it, , i think they can add it in game in a (blink),, here it comes what if, all newbies at the beginning , like every single officer must earn there first , new ship. and they should start ,, yes ,, there it comes as a first officer ,, fits totaly in a startrek story and easy build in,, well let me know how you guys think about it,,, sory for my english writting skills cause iam dutch (-.

You can set that up already in your duty officer menu under "Department Heads"
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    atticusmas wrote: »
    I've been watching ds9 for a while. Upon going to ds9 in the game a couple times, seeing the wormhole makes me think....I really wish that next season or the one after that could focus on the gamma quadrant. It could be very different. Much more hostile - jem'hadar patrols everywhere, much more lawless. Sector space could be different - you could get attacked, warp core knocked out, etc. Repairs would be a lot harder. You could get lost, crash on a a planet, etc. This would take a lot to code but would make this game AWESOME. THere could be exploring missions where you could land on random planets and stumble upon secrets about the jem'hadar or other things. Essentially it would make this game a lot more fun because it won't be as easy to just dock at a starbase and get repaired completely every time you get an owie. This could take a fair amount of coding, but the thing is, the textures for the inside of the wormhole, the mouth of the wormhole, etc are already done. All that would have to be changed would probably be the way sector space works. I know that ideas like this aren't usually taken, but I figured I'd share this.

Good luck with that. Cryptic and PWE blew their wad on LoR. It took 3 years to get a Romulan faction. If you want Gamma Quadrant adventures then you are lookin at a least a year or two. And that will be only if PWE finds in "profitable". Meaning if you will spend your cash in their pay to play store. Or grind your heart out. STO was a great game 3 years ago when I bought my LTS. LoR was fun for a few weeks, but now it simply the same grind as my other vice admiral or lt general toons. Boring. But PWE finds this profitable apparently, and Cryptic has moved on to Neverwinter given the recent Game Infomer article on it. But perhaps you will get your wish. Just, as the old saying goes, don't hold your breath.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
  • zev92zev92 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It took them three years to finish the kdf and add the roms. I would say wait three more years.