test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My boneheaded move

atticusmasatticusmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
So since I figured I'd get some money for my birthday which was yesterday, I wanted to take advantage of the LTS sale and get it. I got enough money to get it at reduced 200 price - and planned on getting it on the 21st, the day the sale ended. They had said the sale ended on the 21st, I had thought it went THROUGH the 21st. I was an idiot.

Sigh. I wish they had been a little more clear on this one, now I won't be buying anything...
Post edited by atticusmas on

Comments

• kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The exact day and "time" was listed in the blog post for the sale. Next time perhaps read the blog and put a post it note on your computer for a reminder.
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • atticusmasatticusmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    The exact day and "time" was listed in the blog post for the sale. Next time perhaps read the blog and put a post it note on your computer for a reminder.
    I suppose I will. All I read was the LTS page that said it ended on the 21st. I should've known that meant it was GONE on the 21st.

*cry*
  • o1derfull1o1derfull1 Member Posts: 294
    edited June 2013
    To be fair, I see the OP's perspective. In my job if something is due on the 21, you typically have until 11:59 pm that day to submit it. Occasionally it's 'close of business'

'Due' isn't the same as 'end' (fun fact: they do share 66% of the same letters) but I could very easily see myself making the same assumption he did under those circumstances.

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To OP, don't get me wrong i do feel for your loss.

I was just trying to say that the "time" was posted tho...my suggestion is any time Cryptic has a sale going on, just go look up the end day and time, then toss that old post it note right in front of your face on your computer...alot harder to forget something if its staring you right in the face everyday hehe
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
    edited June 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    To OP, don't get me wrong i do feel for your loss.

I was just trying to say that the "time" was posted tho...my suggestion is any time Cryptic has a sale going on, just go look up the end day and time, then toss that old post it note right in front of your face on your computer...alot harder to forget something if its staring you right in the face everyday hehe

The sad part is I did sort of do just that - I put a crapload of reminders on my calendar and a crapload of email reminders, too. Next time though, I'll spam my computer with sticky notes hehe
  • twoofnine1twoofnine1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    today is my b-day i got my lts last night just in case it went away at 12 est i know it said 10am pst but u never know with pwi
    edited June 2013
    twoofnine1 wrote: »
    today is my b-day i got my lts last night just in case it went away at 12 est i know it said 10am pst but u never know with pwi
    That's....Great?
    edited June 2013
    atticusmas wrote: »
    So since I figured I'd get some money for my birthday which was yesterday, I wanted to take advantage of the LTS sale and get it. I got enough money to get it at reduced 200 price - and planned on getting it on the 21st, the day the sale ended. They had said the sale ended on the 21st, I had thought it went THROUGH the 21st. I was an idiot.

Sigh. I wish they had been a little more clear on this one, now I won't be buying anything...

what i ment was with pwi you never know just a count on the day befor
    edited June 2013

Hold onto the money. The sale will come around again.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Hold onto the money. The sale will come around again.

/quotedforepictruth ;)
    edited June 2013
    pyryck wrote: »
    /quotedforepictruth ;)

Out of curiosity how often do these sales come?
    edited June 2013

seem's to be every 6 months to a yr
    edited June 2013
    Happy Birthday, OP. I got the LTS as a birthday gift from my family at the beginning of the month.Don't worry, the sale will come around again. I was afraid you were going to say:you had spent $50 on the Oddessy pack.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

If Marketing is taking any suggestions, October would be just fine!
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek