test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

need help

gockagocka Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Can somebody give me some advice about my ship layout, i'm pretty new here, and i think i don't really get it :(
I'm a tactical officer with the operations oddesey ship

layout is:

-fore weapons: dual tetryon beam bank MK XII (crtD) (dmg)x2 very rare
Quantum torpedo launcher Mk XI (acc) (crtD) (dmg) very rare
dual tetryon beam bank MK XII (crtD) (dmg)x2 very rare

- graviton deflectorarray mk XII (inc) (stl) (gra) very rare
- impulse engines mk xII (aux) (spd) (turn) very rare
- hyper injection warp core mk xI (rep) (a->e) (wcap) (sst) very rare
- reman prototype covariant shield array mk x rare

- aft weapons: tetryon beam array mk xII (dmg)x3 very rare
tetryon beam array mk xII (dmg)x3 very rare

-engineer consoles: rcs accelerator mk xI very rare
eps flow regulator mk xI uncommon
sif generator mk x uncommon
chevron separation rare
ionized gas sensor rare

- science consoles: flow capacitor mk xI very rare
shield emitter amplifier mk xI rare
biofunction monitor mk XI very rare

- tactical consoles: zero point quantum chamber mk xII very rare
tetryon pulse generator mk xI very rare

i hope somebody can give me some advice, because i think i do a lot wrong here.. :(
Post edited by gocka on

Comments

• chippie3chippie3 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would helpfull that you post your skilling and your bridge officer abilities.

But some suggestions for your equipment.
    The strength of cruisers is the broadside. So you should use at least 6 beam arrays on a cruiser. Because of loosing many DPS if turning for fire a torpedo I would recommend the wide angled Quantum Torpedo from the C-Store Assault Cruiser. The 8. weapon could be the Kinetic Cutting Beam.

Consoles:
    Tactical:
    2xTetryon Pulse Generator (because of 6 Tetryon Beam Arrays)

Science:
    2xFlow Capacitor (because of Tetryon Weapons and Plasmonic Leech console)
    1xField Generator (because you use a covariant shield which profits more of a increase of strength and not regeneration rate)

Engineering:
    1xRCS
    1xZero Point Conduit (more energy and crit Chance)
    1xAssimilated Module (crit chance and weapons energy)
    1xPlasmonic Leech (with flow capacitors skills and consoles a lot of extra energy)
    1xChevron Seperation

Deflector:
    Jem'Hadar (because of +Flow Capacitors)
    Engines:
    Adapted M.A.C.O. (energy and set bonus)
    Shield:
    Adapted M.A.C.O. (very high shield capacity and set bonus)
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As Chippie said, we need your BOFF layout. On your gear layout, you're just all over the place with no real focus into anything. Cruisers do two things amazingly well: soak up punishment and spam beams either in broadside or fire-at-will. Your gear helps you with neither, and looks like you're just using whatever purple-quality gear you found (some of it excellent quality, just not for that ship).

Then there's all the torpedoes. In a cruiser, torpedoes just aren't your friend, as torps fire front or rear and your best kill zone is broadside. Having one or maybe two can be useful for certain purposes, but 4 is a trap. You just can't maneuver well enough to really get the most out of those. Play to your strengths.

Here's some ideas that are generally easy to set up and relatively cheap to set up compared to reputation or fleet gear. Better gear will enhance you further, but first lets just get a working setup.

Fore Weapons
    3 Tetryon Beam Arrays, 1 Torpedo or 1 Tetryon DBB.
    Use a low-rate-of-fire high-damage torpedo like Quantum, Breen Cluster, Hargh'peng, or a reputation torpedo, or the Wide-Angle if you have access to it. You won't be firing that often beyond your initial approach and maybe as a finisher, so big hits are more useful than sustained ROF. If you want to use a torpedo skill in conjunction, then don't use Breen or Hargh'peng. Alternately, and particularly if plan to use FAW, dropping the torpedo altogether and using a DBB instead may be a better choice.

Aft Weapons
    3 Tetryon Beam Arrays, Kinetic Cutting Beam.
    Yes the KCB is a reputation piece of gear costing dilithium, but it only requires Omega tier 2. If you are going to be running a cruiser, it is simply invaluable. As a weapon it is average, but when combined with the Assimilated Module, you get a two-piece set bonus that helps immensely with controlling the drain of firing so many beams. I can't stress enough how useful this thing is for a beam boat, and would be worth it at twice the price.

Components
    Deflector: Positron Deflector Array Mk XII [sif] [stl]
    This will boost your durability and shield heals without getting too expensive.
    Engines: The ones you already have
    Shield: Resilient Shield Array Mk XII [Cap] [Pla]
    The extra hull protection and better regen rate is worth more on your cruiser than the high capacity of the Reman shield, and the [pla] mod will help when running STFs.
    Warp Core: The one you already have. Its not really helping you, but its too expensive to simply shelve so may as well for now.

Alternately simply pick up the Jem'Hadar 3-piece from Operation Gamma and Boldly They Rode. The deflector is meh but will help with your tetryon drain, the engines are decent, and the shield is both Resilient and gives a flat damage reduction to everything. Plus the 3-piece ability will give you a little extra shield zapping now and then. Its arguably the best non-reputation set in the game and a good holdover.

Consoles
    Engineering:
    Chevron Separation, RCS Accelerator, Assimilated Module, 2 Neutronium Alloy
    Enhanced durability, and the EPS Regulator and SIF Generator just aren't helping that much. And the value of the Assimilated Module was mentioned earlier.
    Science:
    Flow Capacitor, Emitter Array, Field Generator
    We'll keep the fancy Flow Cap you already have to go with your Tetryons, then add an Emitter Array to boost your shield heals (a cruiser's bread-and-butter), and a Field Generator to enhanced your capacity. Trying to keep your crew alive, while thematically noble, in game just doesn't help much and is nearly impossible in long engagements anyways, so lose the biofunction monitor.
    Tactical:
    2 Tetryon Pulse Generators
    Its a shame to put that great torpedo console in storage, but this just isn't a good torpedo ship, and you really need to focus on your energy weapons. Fortunately you're using tetryons, and good tetryon consoles are the cheapest around.

Note this will hopefully help clean you up and get you back in to things without having to spend too much money or time, and still leave you options to upgrade to rep and fleet gear later.
  • gockagocka Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thanks guy's i'm going to try it with your advice..
    my bridge officers skill are:

Lieutenant Commander Universal
    using a science officer
    transfer shield strength 1
    tractor beam 2
    gravity well 1

ensign universal
    using a tactical officer
    beam overload 1

lieutenant tactical
    torpedo spread 1
    torpedo high yield 2

commander engineering
    emergency power to the weapons 1
    emergency power to the shields 2
    directed energy modulation 2
    aceton beam 2

lieutenant science
    science team 1
    tractor beam repulsor 1

but i'm guessing that's not good either :p
    what can you guy's recommend me for best BO skills?