test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The other side of the Fence

iticusiticus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Earth Spacedock
You ever met one of those people who find it hard to fit in? One whose humor is sometimes awkward but other times spot on. The person who stays quiet, yet interjects when information is needed and they have it. A guy who stands apart of the crowd but can easily blend back in without you knowing.:cool:

Well, that's me in a nutshell. I am looking for a Fleet that allows me to Solo play, but also has plenty opportunity to get involved in STFs and other group-age. One that doesn't shot down independent thought or freedom of fun. A fleet that allows Fleet ship and equipment purchases without having to have hundreds of thousands of Fleet credits to prove your loyalty. A fleet where I can be me, without worrying about pissing someone off.

I have been in game since launch,but only in the past year became full-time do to prior life commitments. I have 3, 50 level rear admirals, and have worked in STF's and Reps. I am also mostly quiet but I watch the fleet chat like a hawk, so I know if I can participate in Fleet events and group-ages. I want to feel apart of something, instead of a leaf out on a limb.

thanks for reading.:D
@iticus75
Post edited by iticus on

Comments

• grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey there sound like you might fit in fine with us. Check out our website at www.libertytaskforce.com and make yourself at home. You can also friend me in game at Grayfox@GrayfoxJames anytime. We're a relatively new fleet and are casual and friendly but have a good ranking system. We welcome the solo player as well and have TeamSpeak 3. If you need any more info you can e-mail me directly at Info@LibertyTaskForce.com hope to see you in game take care.

-Grayfox
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey there!

Just to add to your list for consideration I'd like to offer you an open invitation if you would be interested in becoming a part of our growing family. We are based off the movie Galaxy Quest which is a Star Trek parody and a highly recommended film to watch.

We try aim to offer a mature and fun environment for all our members. If you are more of a solo guy, that is absolutely fine. We do have limited access at our first couple of ranks, just as a security measure, but we do have a request thread if there is anything you need. We don't have requirements to hit certain amount of fleet credits to rank up. Most people gain access to the higher ranks when they've either been a member for a certain length of time, on regularly or even just taking part in our Fleet Events. Our goal is to give all members an equal chance to get their fleet gear, so everyone is well equipped.

We run regular events for all our members with prizes to be won and have no strict requirements to log on so many hours per week. If you need to take a break we have a Risa Shore Leave thread which you can post in and we'll add you to the "Risa Shore Leave" group until you want to come back.

We have members across the US, Canada, UK and the rest of Europe ranging from 18 to 50 years old. We also offer many fleet roles in the fleet if there is anything to your liking that you would like to take part in. Working together as a family/team is a big priority for us and of course having fun and a laugh in game/on Mumble!

Feel free to have a look at our website and hopefully you might find it's the place for you. We also offer a voice server on Mumble which we use for Fleet Events, STFs and just general hanging out. Our website registration is mandatory as it's our main portal for communication.

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Never give up, never surrender!

Fleet Admiral Nierion

http://themaktar.enjin.com/home
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • vkfphoenixlordvkfphoenixlord Member Posts: 1,991 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good morning. I hope you will take a moment and consider the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. We are a small but great fleet. We are easy going, dedicated and friendly. We all come from different backgrounds and have different ways of doing things, but that's part of what makes us great.

Anyone in our fleet is happy to help others when needed, in almost any aspect of the game and in some cases RL. We have a fleet TeamSpeak3 server that we use for voice chat not just in-game but also to hang out as well and get to know each other better (not required, just available). Many of us are located on the East Coast and Midwest (USA), Canada, England and we recently re-established our Australian branch. :D

Although I say our fleet is dedicated, we also realize that everyone has lives as well, so when you need to take the time, you don't need to be concerned about losing your position within the fleet due to RL too. We do not discriminate against such things because we understand that sometimes real life issues and problems can take time to resolve, and that some time is needed to sort things out.

So please, think about joining and moving with us into 2410 armed with the best Intel, the most specific and targeted body of knowledge about STO, and a group of Fleet-mates who will be there with you in the crunch. Our Starbase is nearing the Tier 4 jump off point and we have started making inroads into advancing towards a Tier 3 Embassy. We also provide commodities to all for donation to the projects.

The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet

Live Long and Prosper!

If you would like additional information on the [VKF] please don?t hesitate to contact me or any of our members.
  • iticusiticus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I was just kicked out of the fleet. Whole lot of drama. wondering if I should just quit STO all together...sigh 9 months in a fleet, thought it was home, down the toilet.
  • nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, I hope it doesn't make you quit STO. I've been through things like that before myself and you just gotta stay strong and try enjoy your game.

Drama is one thing we don't allow in our fleet and we encourage members to speak up straight away if there is a problem. If we don't know about something, we can't fix it. Honesty & communication is key in our fleet and if you ever need a break that is cool, just let us know.

Feel free to contact me in game if you wish. @phurbu

Any questions, I'm happy to answer!
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah like I said we don't kick for stupid reasons. We haven't kicked anyone out yet, it's pretty hard to annoy us :D in any case the invitation to our fleet still stands.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com