test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HELP...!!! No STO fer me...!!

macarthur1961macarthur1961 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
I am unable to log onto game nor contact Support to submit a ticket. Is this a problem anyone else is having or am I the sole unlucky individual to be faced with this problem? My launcher won't even open.
If anyone from STO or Cryptic sees this, please fix this for me or at least send me an E-mail in regards to what I may do on my end to fix this... very frustrating... to use the politest term I can.
Post edited by macarthur1961 on

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    Try this workaround and let me know if it solves your issue: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10841301&postcount=2
    scott248 wrote: »
    I got my problem fixed. Somehow the launcher window was off the screen desktop. I had to right click on the taskbar icon and select move..and then use the arrow keys to move it back tot he screen. Do not know how or why this happened. but I can play now.

To get the "move" option to show, you might have to minimize it first. Also, this is the icon that's in the task manager.

I've also let our team that works on the launcher know that some are experiencing this issue and they are investigating.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thx fer the tip, Brandon... but my icon is still on my desktop... the launcher just doesn't open anymore... since it is now 5:01 AM and I'm getting tired and bored, I am going to log off in the hopes that some strange miracle takes place while I sleep and this situation rectifies itself... otherwise... I will try the links U posted on the Forum re Support... however... I am VERY inexperienced with the Internet and related activities... so I'm hoping I can affect this if I need to.
    With any luck and good will from the ST gods, I will solve this problem... Thx again fer your advice.
    Live long and prosper...!!
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I used this workaround to get it working - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10865461&postcount=1
    1. Start STO
    2. start Task manager
    3. Applications tab
    4. Right click on Star trek online and press Minimize
    5. Right click again and press Maximize
    (Now launcher is there but Maximized over everything)
    6. Escape to close launcher
    7. Start STO and there is your launcher again, visible and in normal size.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    dev1961dev1961 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    launcher is there just wont open. not sure why
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Navigate to your Star Trek Online folder and go into Live, once there find the GameClient.exe and use it, itloads the game up to the log in screen and skips the need to use a launcher.

Hope this helps you get in game, not much help if you need to patch though.
    tried the game client gave error says cannot connect to patch server nice try tho thnx still cant play tho
  • Options
    painkillerjaynepainkillerjayne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, if this is the same issue others were having (where the launcher appears off-screen), has anyone tried changing the launcher shortcut's properties?

Try this:

<Right-click> the STO launcher's shortcut, then <left-click> "Properties".

<Left-click> the "Shortcut" tab at the top (if it isn't already there).

About halfway down the window is a category labeled "Run" with a corresponding drop-down menu. Open the drop-down menu and select "Maximized".

<Left-click> "Apply" on the bottom-right, then <left-click> "Ok" or close the window.

This should force it to run as a full-screen window which should (hopefully) put the launcher back onscreen for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Command Officers of the USS Wyvern (from left to right):
    Aurellia Eshkah (Tactical); Indigo Shae (Engineering); Nysiay Chysiayki (VA, Ship Captain)
    Jeclia Sek (Science); Vally Mantivour (Security)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    suaveks wrote: »

Kudos to U...!! (Sir...?) this did just allow me access to the game... at least I was able to notify my Fleeties of the problem... now I am hoping the same fix works on Ventrillo... it also stopped working last nite at the same time...
    Thx again fer all yer help, folks... it is GREATLY appreciated...!!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thx to U all... and may spirit of Spock and good fortune smile upon all of U...!!
  • Options
    eagle420eagle420 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am unable to log onto game nor contact Support to submit a ticket. Is this a problem anyone else is having or am I the sole unlucky individual to be faced with this problem? My launcher won't even open.
    If anyone from STO or Cryptic sees this, please fix this for me or at least send me an E-mail in regards to what I may do on my end to fix this... very frustrating... to use the politest term I can.

Having same problem here ..
  • Options
    eagle420eagle420 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Try this workaround and let me know if it solves your issue: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10841301&postcount=2

To get the "move" option to show, you might have to minimize it first. Also, this is the icon that's in the task manager.

I've also let our team that works on the launcher know that some are experiencing this issue and they are investigating.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Works now thnx for the tip