test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post your worst STF experiance

Comments

• captainfarstarcaptainfarstar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My worst experience is trying to get Infected:Manus elite optional every day.

People either can't just over cubes and end up in plasma or they trying to charge the captives and dying is the best way foward.

Every time I PUG the final boss takes upwards of 20 mins due to people being bad players and having no coordination.

It's not like ST:O is hard but the Manus is just a nightmare to PUG despite being the easiest instance in MMO history.
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks to the power of this thread, I knew to turn to PublicEliteSTF for help before starting my first STF.

Unfortunately, the problem was that the whole team forgot to pick up the Starfleet guys that were nearly assimilated. Oops.
  • satanailofhwbgsatanailofhwbg Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Am I the only one changing my STF tactics from max DPS possible to less DPS and more CC capabilities (other than GW, which is almost useless at the moment)?
    On my main character, who runs Fleet HEC I retired the elite scorps in favour of advanced Danubes and on my romulan Fleet Ha'feh I converted the Lt.Com. uni station from tactical to science (PH1, TB2, TBR2)?

And yes, I almost forgot: [WHINE] Too many clueless captains!!! [/WHINE]
  • badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Picture the scene. It's around 4am UK time. I decided to do a quick infected elite before I went sleepy time.
    The team was myself in my fleet mogai, someone in a Galaxy dreadnaught, a mirror prometheus, a d'derix and someone else I can't remember.
    The match started out ok apart from an early blown generator. It happens so not much point in raging.

We fought off the spheres, well I say we, 4 of us did, the d'derix had decided to attack the other cube and left us to it. We got there in the end.

The other side was much easier so we started on the gate, 4 of us did, the d'derix had bailed. No matter, its still do able. So we carried on and got the gate down. Then the 3 of us that were left (we lost another one) attacked the cube.
    At this point we are down to myself, the dreadnaught and the prometheus. We did a moderate amount of damage then the prometheus disappeared.

Between myself and the dreadnaught we died a lot but we got the cube down to around 10% until we both died and when we respawned the cube was back to 100%. It was now 5am and I was exhausted and annoyed at the cubes health.

All I could do was apologise to the amazing dreadnaught captain who didn't give up and explain that I had to go and get some sleep, if the cube's health hadn't recovered we could have beaten it and I feel very bad for bailing but I had no choice.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I knew to turn to PublicEliteSTF

those public STF channels aren't any better than your average Pug.
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

well, atleast they eliminate the AFK factor most of the time ^^ tho I would appreciate an option to launch stfs without a group, to eliminate the stupidity of others completely

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • jake81499jake81499 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    to eliminate the stupidity of others completely

Never gonna happen.

:P
  • brandonicusbrandonicus Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ive read through a lot of these and there have been quite a few STF experiences. I have a bunch that are non-STF, but to keep with the trend i will give you my Cure (elite) story. I started with F2P about a year ago and as soon as i leveled high enough i have been doing the STFs. I started on normal, learn the ropes and move to elite. So by the time i get there i am capable. I have also learned my role when flying my assault cruiser with my lvl 50 engineer. I hit as hard as i can but mostly i back up the ships doing the real DPS. As a matter of fact that is the moral of this story, i may not have bite but i know how to stay alive.

Any way i PUG in and we jump right in. I never took the time to notice the other ships, i just hit my abilities, targeted the cube and started shooting. I realized it felt wrong when it took forever to drop the first cube and two spheres but i still wasn't taking the hint. Second cube went down and then there were folks who did not seem to know the 10% rule and we lost the optional almost right away. Now thats bad enough but i still did not notice the real issue. I fly around like a mad engineer hitting my group with engineering teams and extend shields and i think im doing ok but i cant seem to keep anyone alive long enough to do any real damage and it seems to take forever. I STILL DONT GET IT. Finally its over, i am wiped and totally disappointed and for some reason i notice it, we were all engineers. Now no disrespect. I love my engineer. But seriously you can not PUG a group full of them, you will never get the job done.
    "Risk is part of the game if you wanna sit in that chair."
    edited June 2013
    jake81499 wrote: »
    Never gonna happen.

:P

ikr

I had so much fun yesterday with PESTF. there was some dude who was smashing another, for blowing up a gen in ISE when the others were 50% because thats not how things are done (mind you from what I can tell, optional was not lost either). the best part in that tho, is that there were ppl who pretty much supported him that this was a stupid thing to do... lol
    - there that was the worst experience of mine lately apart from the fact that I lag nowadays, and we missed the opt one time, as one dude went ahead destroying gens before the cube and my constant disconnects :)
    I love my engineer. But seriously you can not PUG a group full of them, you will never get the job done.

O.o... but... I mean... you can... you know... science and eng... never mind, I dunno how to respond

• coldicephoenixcoldicephoenix Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now no disrespect. I love my engineer. But seriously you can not PUG a group full of them, you will never get the job done.
    I disagree. I've been in a similar situations but we did get the job done. Probably someone was slacking off in your isntance? (btw I fly the Fleet Vorcha on the engineer)
    Also been in some (on my Sci Voquv) where there was another Sci (Rhode) and rest engineers. No one died and we got the optional just in time. (like 2 sec on timer!)

We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
  • mouertemouerte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know do not pug yeah yeah but I did :P

ISE got 2 afk leeches and 2 100% NOOB's not good lol'
    Yes and it all went to hell :eek: noobs did not know wth to do at all
    after the 2 afk leech idiot's :mad: got killed by spheres rooming the map they left and the 2 NOOBs shoot everything but what there was suppose to GOD damn it 100% FUBAR lol.
    So now I sit here with a 1h leave penalty.
    DONT PUG :D
    edited June 2013
    as the new routine of nukara, I pugged an azure.

one guy goes afk (well atleast he did a stealth free of a BoP, and went afk after that), one does not even load in, and there are two others...

now I went solo, as there is little point to do a trio while there are three ships to free. what I saw was, that I went for a 3 pointer, while the two other were suffering through a dreadful 2... they rly did suffer, not only did I free my 3 pointer, and another 2 pointer, while they were killing one, but one even died... DIED!!!! in azure, on a 2 point ship while there was another backing him up. DIED.........

• ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    STF PUG on ISE

Team: me in a Kar'fi, 2 Chimeras, a TS adapted destroyer, and a Odyssey - SPOILER ALERT - money cant buy skill or brains

took 5 minutes to kill the cube and spheres in the beginning b/c three of my teammates (the chimeras and oddy a.k.a the three stooges) were circling the gate.

once we killed the cube and spheres, the three stooges attacked the right side generators before killing the cube, while the TSAD and I were killing the left cube. I killed the cube then noticed what the stooges were doing and went to the right. the TSAD then killed a generator. meanwhile on the right, I single-handedly killed the cube and was working on the last two generators when the nanite spheres arrived. we lost the optional objective, but that was onlty the beginning. with the right side generators dead, i focused on the nanite spheres while the stooges fired at the transformer. TSAD came over to help with the spheres so we finally got the right finished.

The left side went pretty much the same way and the gate and tac cube took forever. Total Elapsed time: 47min. definitely not worth 75 Omega marks, 960 dil, and an XII engine.
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but that azure map is a complete waste of time even during bonus hour and premade team.

See my forum signature below for a guide on how to do that mission most efficiently. It works great with PUGs who know what a chat box is.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • bublawekbublawek Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looking forward to getting online and playing and finding the system down.

And I always have a bad experience in the Federation Fleet Alert mission when somebody comes in with a tier one ship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2013

PublicEliteSTF has rarely failed an optional objective, be it Ground or Space.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited June 2013

And you know that because you're present in every match that was arranged in that channel?

Those public STF channels aren't any better than the PUG queues. As ferdzso0 correctly pointed out you get a lower amount of afk leechers, but that gets balanced out by the fact that it takes longer to arrange a group and that there is usually a bit of unnecessary discussion in the channel at the beginning of an STF.

The only channels that set themselves apart from the public channels and the queues are some of the private, invite-only ones

As far as PuGs are concerned, I really don't know what people are doing wrong to get such a high amount of bad groups. I've probably run STFs and Fleet events in the 4-digit numbers, most of them in PuGs and I've very, very rarely had them miss the optional and I've yet to see one fail completely. Especially in Space, even PuGs usually accomplish the optional with 5-6 minutes left on the clock.
    edited June 2013
    The only channels that set themselves apart from the public channels and the queues are some of the private, invite-only ones

and those are usually filled with elitists :)
    As far as PuGs are concerned, I really don't know what people are doing wrong to get such a high amount of bad groups. I've probably run STFs and Fleet events in the 4-digit numbers, most of them in PuGs and I've very, very rarely had them miss the optional and I've yet to see one fail completely. Especially in Space, even PuGs usually accomplish the optional with 5-6 minutes left on the clock.

inability to carry, and playing on "how it feels". I have seen people with 1-2k DPS swearing, how good their new weapon/console/ship/tribble that they have bought from the store, and how it has helped the round we have finished, to finish it as fast as we did

• jake81499jake81499 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    there that was the worst experience of mine lately apart from the fact that I lag nowadays, and we missed the opt one time, as one dude went ahead destroying gens before the cube and my constant disconnects :)

It's summer! In this part of the country it only last a couple weeks. I'm out on my motorcycle 24/7, only coming home to go to work. Even the kids are out doing things!

So STF's will be few and far between for a while.

There I was.....

Out on my bike in a PUG. (Group of unknown riders that I happened across while cruising into Colorado.)

We crossed the border just outside of Baggs Wyoming and were headed to County Road 4.

There's a long downhill straightaway just after the border followed by a somewhat sharp corner after County Road 4.

We're traveling South.

Four Oil Field Simi's pass us pulling mud hoppers going at VERY high speeds.

We all see they are speeding and go to the move to the far right side of the road.

We get to the curve after County Road 4.

Here comes a 5th Simi.

I would estimate his speed at 100 or more. (Ex Cop, I'm usually pretty close)

I see the wheels on the inside of the corner lift off the ground. :eek:

If he roles there is no escape for any of us.

He makes it OK.

One bikes stops so we all stop.

He calls 911 and reports the 5 trucks.

That's my STF experience for the week. :D

OR.......................................................................

There I was...

On the way back home from the same ride as above...

Just north of Denver on a side road.

I'm in a Pug....

We all come to a stop light.

One bike with Apes falls over.

He get's back on.

Light turns green and he tries to go.

He falls over again.

He gets back on.

He get's going and goes to the next light.

It's green but he stops anyhow to admire the pretty green I guess.

(That's what happens when drugs are legal.)

OR.....................................................................

There I was....

A two person Pug yesterday.

A friend and I are getting ready to ride.

He wants to show off his Camero in the Garage.

He says, 'It's been setting for months but it'll start right up.'

He reaches into the window and turns the key....

Off it goes in reverse and runs right through the garage door.

I have pictures... LOL.

There, Three PUG's all from this week.

Such fun...
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Those are not STFs.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree. After I signed up for the PublicEliteSTF channel, I managed to get all of my optionals completed. PublicEliteSTF is a great channel filled with a lot of friendly and helpful people.
    edited June 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    PublicEliteSTF is a great channel filled with a lot of friendly and helpful people.

LOLOLOL. sarcasm for the winz

here is a story of a kind of failiure:

so I warp into ISE with my test aux dhc vesta (it still only deals 9k dps, so I am kinda worried about pugs), I see your avg ships.
    we go for the first cube on the left, and I see an Ody (what else?) throwing grav wells and torps and turretshots (checked combatlog in the end, he only had a quantum mine, a plasma torp, and turrets...) at one of the gens. I am terrified. with your avg pug dps, you cant handle an early blow. we killed a cube, and I got one gen down to 20 before ody hero managed to fight down the gen (actually he had 2k dps, which is surprisingly barely below the avg I have seen O.o), I am still worried, but we managed to take down the side, and noticed there is a tac defiant in the match with (in the end checked) 9k dps. with that help, the game was a breeze, I knew I could blow early on the next group (didnt want to, but in the end I didnt rly care, knowing I had helped, so I kinda let my pets do whatever)

I was rly thinking on writing that Ody, not to do that again, but if I did, my conscience would also force me to tell him, how bad his dps was, which in the end might have resulted him changing to better dps, not changing his tactics, making other games even worse ^^

• earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My worst? Don't know, it's kind of a tie between two.

1>Popping into an Infected Space Elite, only to find: only 2 team members by myself there, the optional already gone. And as soon as I got into combat range, the other two tuck tail and warp out. So I struggle on solo, to at least get some practice. Only thing that saved it, was 2 more people that popped in, with fairly high damage capability, and that went balls-out trying to get this done. I told those two a hearty "Thank you", for really going above & beyond.

2:This one was in Khitomer Space Elite. Get about a third of the way through. As soon as we're a third of the way in, the opposite side goofs, and lets a probe through. While not happy, mistakes DO happen. But then I find out, two people run out 50km+ away from anything being close to them, and refuse to pitch in anymore & start leeching. Finally got one of them to leave, so at least there was a chance that they'd be replaced (which did happen towards the start of the Donatra fight), and when I posted in chat, that I reported the other now-leecher, he finally attacked Donatra. But it still disgusts me that people do this leeching TRIBBLE, whether it's from the start, or they use some excuse not to pitch in to help. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So just came out of an stf with some kid in a kumari. First transformer someone blew a gen early, guy yells in all caps that if the op fails he's gonna sit there and stew. Happened on the second one, atrox blew the gen and i was too late with my GW and TBR to stop the sphere this time ( i was in a voquv btw). Died a couple times and he's flying around a few k off laughing at how we should be able to do this with 4 and he's punishing us so we will learn. I don't like it either but it's 15 marks, if he pitched in n helped we could have been done a much longer time ago. After trying to get him to grow up with some back n forth he finally does. I tell him thanks for showing some maturity and he threatens to "go back to [his] corner", (-.-).
    Think he really needed the time out.
  • sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Last night. Khitomer Space elite. I'm on my fed tac in a JHAS. There's a tac in a Galaxy-X, and three others. Couldn't tell you what they were flying.

We pop the initial cube. Gal-X and I go right, the other 3 left. I'm taking down the transformer and cube, and Gal-X is on probes. I take out the first cube and transformer, and I see the "fail" indicator go off. The three on the other side are all trying to kill their cube, and they're about 10 km on the other side of their gate. So by the time I get over there to kill their cube, 4 probes got through. Went back right, and took care of the other cube/transformer. Now we're up to 8 probes through, because the 3 Stooges have chased their second cube about 10 km on the other side of their gate.. again. Gal-X flies over to take care the last 2 probes about to go through, while I stay right and and alternate between the gate and probes. Five minutes and a dozen respawns alter, Gal-X swoops in, kills the cube, and gets back in time to stop the probes.

We finally get the gates down, and Donatra spawns. The Three Amigos apparently don't comprehend the meaning of the green lines, because they all sit in front of Donatra and eat a full serving of thalaron. After what seems to another dozen respawns on their part, Donatra goes down. I comment something of the effect of "guys, I'm not trying to be an TRIBBLE$hole, but you three are just not ready for elites." No response.

Eh, I got my dil and 11 bnp's, but it took roughly 45 minutes.
  • sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was doing Khitomer in Stasis-not even the elite version-and I got grouped with four Germans. Only one of them even spoke basic English. They all obviously had NO idea what they were doing. After close to 45 minutes, we managed to finish-or I should say I finished it. Afterward the one who spoke a little English was whining at me for how long it took to complete it. I "politely" pointed out all of them had NO idea what they were doing. What can you do though? Life goes on...
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • incursis01incursis01 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For some reason everytime I play Infected the Conduit Elite no one uses the 10% rule, they just go after generators till 0%. Every single time I play now, no one apparently applies it.

It was never this bad before.