test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Review my Endgame Build Plan?

kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Federation Discussion
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=fleetnova_0

I only put in information for ship equipment and rep abilities. I know my skills would help, but I honestly can't remember them and can't access them right now. Suffice it to say they are very geared towards balance - lots of points in science and tactical capabilities, but equally heavy emphasis on survivability and power. Only the most important are maxxed, most others stop after green/yellow.

This build is on an FSVR. It is primarily designed for offensive support: holding/disabling the enemy, as well as secondary fire support. In Elite STFs, it will be suited towards Gateway assault due to its torpedo loadout, or destroying weaker enemy support vessels with science abilities. I have no plans to use this ship for PvP, mainly PvE and Elite Fleet Actions.

I will not invest in a Vesta or any other ship chassis that is deemed more viable. My goal is to fly a ship I like and achieve optimum effect in it.

What say you, community?! :D
Post edited by kiloace on

Comments

• Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There seems to be a problem with the link to the STO Planner. It won't complete loading. :P
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    molaighmolaigh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've experimented with something quite similar. Here are my thoughts: drop the beams and go all out torps. You may also want to consider mines in the back, if you sit close to your enemies in ESTFs, they will deploy and hit your target. Also, stick to one torp type - I would recommend all quantum or all plasma (the burns are awesome). Make sure you have two purple projectile DoFFs to maximize your RoF. It's also possible to work the Borg weapon set in and pick up the nice price. Drop the field gen for another particle generator (plasma infused from the embassy) and use tac consoles specific to your chosen one torp type.

BoFF powers - consider two torp spreads. Torp spreads always hit and you will be procing your plasma burn (I really like plasma torps) on everything in front of you. Scramble sensors only helps you. Drop it for a second hazard emitter. Drop the repulsors too, it's to easy to TRIBBLE stuff up and TRIBBLE people off (it also runs counter to your grav well which will suck targets in to hit with your torp spread. Replace it with a second tractor and you'll really be set for crowd control. Pick up a tractor beam DoFF for extra shield damage.

That being said, I've found energy weapons to be more effective on here. This build will pull 6.4k in an ISE. http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/index.php?build=cannonnova_3003

Beams would probably do more, but I like the way this feels with cannons.
  • Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It seems ok, for PvE.

You might have some trouble getting shields down on spheres and the like to get your torps to hull though. If you're running weapon power behind these beams, maybe change the fore beams to a DBB?

Also, I doubt the use of jam sensors in PvE, but that may just be me. I would also choose to run Tac Team cooldown reduction Doffs for 100% uptime on your tac team. This would make the sci team redundant/a liability though. I might use the 2 contested boff slots for Energy Syphon (if you specced flow caps) to give your shields and beams some more power, and maybe Polarise Hull 1 for the damage resistance and the immunity to tractor beams.

If you're already running full aux power you could also consider going with a different warp core, unless you feel the difference between 125 and 130 power is significant. I would probably run 50/25/25/100 power settings (which, with my skills and your equipment setup, should roughly translate to 68/49/49/125 before ability use) most of the time, with such a setup, so I would go for the Field Stabilising warp core, I think.

*shrugs*

Haven't played my fed-side sci in some time, so I might be off the mark a bit.
  • Options
    jadensecurajadensecura Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't use the Chronitons, just Quantums (more DPS and more benefit from your consoles). Instead of beam arrays (which need to broadside to work, which you don't want to be doing with the rest of the build) use a Dual Beam Bank and Kinetic Cutting Beam, and drop the second rear torpedo (maybe both) for turrets as well (ideally not phaser, disruptor is always a good choice, and tetryon works nicely with torp boats). The goal here is to focus totally on your forward arc, for PvE you always want to be focused on one arc and then keep enemies in it. The Hyper Plasma torp is very popular at the moment, so that's something you could consider as well, maybe have that and the Omega torp for in between, or just a general plasma torp. You'll probably do better with 2, maybe even all 3 tac consoles going for your torpedoes instead of energy weapons. Remember that the EPS Flow Regulator only boosts power transfer rate, so I wouldn't think you'd want that, and armor tends to not be very helpful on sci ships, but that's your choice. You can use the slots you open up to boost your sci abilities.

For abilities, I'll assume you're planning on having Damage Control Engineers which make the single EPtS ok, if not you need two copies so you can keep it active continuously (remember, in this game it's your shields that keep you alive, you won't live for long on hull strength, and that goes double for sci ships). Don't use Jam Sensors, it's really not worth it, and Tractor Beam isn't that worthwhile either. I would reduce Hazard Emitters to rank 1 and get 2 copies of Energy Siphon, it's as good a debuff as sci has left, plus a pretty good self buff. And please be careful with that Tractor Beam Repulsors, it can be very good, but it's easy to use it wrong and frustrate everybody, get them killed, or even cost the mission entirely.
  • Options
    soll50soll50 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you're going for a torp build, consider getting the Adapted MACO set (2 pieces) for the +25% torpedo damage bonus. Also the Rule 62 console from lobi crystals gives +11% projectile damage and will benefit both mines and torpedoes.

Personally I use a torpedo boat with 2 fleet quantums and 1 breen cluster in front. With my 3 purple Doffs which proc almost every other quantum the cooldown of the Breen cluster torp is reduced from 45 seconds to something more like 15-20 seconds.
    I don't use the Romulan torpedo in front because I fly faster than the projectiles do. If I had it in the front I would pass the enemies at the same time as a mass of Romulan Plasma would hit them and I would get hit myself...
    So I fire them out the back when I am flying away :)

Sidenote: Generic Torpedo consoles do not benefit the Breen Cluster. Transphasic projectile or mine consoles do.