test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tal Shiar Infiltration and other Chain Assignments

mightysi123mightysi123 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I'm looking for a bit of guidance.

I'm either missing something, am dumb or both but I cant work out how the Chain Assignments are supposed to work.

I got the Tal Shiar codes from a lockbox and completed the first 'Initiate contact with Rogue Tal Shiar Agent' assignment no problem, but I cant figure out where I am supposed to pick up the next step.

Same with the 'Catian Disaspora' chain. Done the first bit, but not sure how to continue.

Please help this poor bemused starship Captain!

Cheers

Si
Post edited by mightysi123 on

Comments

• Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello,

First, the Tal Shiar assignment chain. It is my understanding that to proceed with it, you must have additional Tal Shiar codes form the lockboxes.

For the Caitian and other assignment chains, the wiki has a good resource for these:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment_chain

The link is to the main assignment chain page and there is a listing at the bottom of all the chains. When you go into it, there is usually a galaxy map that shows which sector blocks you can find assignments.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hi there, thanks for the reply.

Aaaah, so different chains are only available at different locations? And they may or may not appear on the list of available assignments on each refresh?

I think I get it. Seems like actually finishing those chains will be harder than i thought, but I get it! you have to wait for them to appear, rather than chasing them down.

Cool. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Si
  • Options
    mikec1013mikec1013 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Some will appear regardless of where you are. Others you have to track down and hope its available. The chat channel DOFFCALLS is good for this. However, its not a Q&A chat channel. DOFFJOBS is for doff chat. Don't forget about your chef and bartender. Strike Against Fugitive Support Network will pop up when you're timer has reset, regardless of where you are. The repeatable Support colonial in the nebulas has to be available regardless of when you last did it. That's a bummer. It could be weeks since you were in Delta Volanis and you still won't get it. I love doffing. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    There is so much of this game I have yet to scratch the surface of, despite hitting level 30 today! I hadnt even thought of chat channels. I'm somewhat of a solitary gamer and often just pootle around doing my own thing and miss out on loads!

Cheers folks!

Si
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The tal shiar chain requires a tal shiar command code for each of the first 3 steps. The fourth step requires 5 command codes.
    firebird1388firebird1388 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To recap: the tal'shiar line needs 8 codes minimum to complete, but after that, any mission in the chain only needs 1 code to repeat (including the final mission which needs 5 initially)