test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Known Software Conflicts

Hi Captains,

The following third-party applications *may* cause stability issues with the Star Trek Online client. Please be sure to disable them before playing if you notice any issues while you have them running.

Teamviewer
DisplayFusion
MSI Afterburner

For issues with Teamviewer, this post may help, and for Display Fusion, this post has more info.

We'll update this post with any other known third-party software conflicts.

Also, If the programs listed are working for you currently, then it's all good :) The above *may* cause conflicts for some, but if it has not before for you, it *shouldn't* start now. Let us know if it does, but there were no recent changes that should have made it start if it was fine before.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    msi afterburner? whyyyyy! i use it for overclock and gpu fan control
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    playhard88 wrote: »

If it's working for you currently, then it's all good :) The above *may* cause conflicts for some, but if it has not before for you, it *shouldn't* start now. Let us know if it does, but there were no recent changes that should have made it start if it was fine before.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mumble

Are you pointing the finger at Mumble as a whole, or the STO plugin?

I ask because Mumble is voice-comms software used by many guilds and fleets, including mine.
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If it's working for you currently, then it's all good :) The above *may* cause conflicts for some, but if it has not before for you, it *shouldn't* start now. Let us know if it does, but there were no recent changes that should have made it start if it was fine before.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Likewise I've never found teamviewer a problem :confused:WEll unless someone tries to dial in to it lol
  • sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yup. My fleet uses Mumble and this isn't news to me.
    edited June 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

^ Going to quote myself :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited June 2013

^ Going to quote myself :)

Could you get more information as to what conflicts Mumble has with STO, please? This is information I'll need to feed back to my guild and fleet and I need to be able to say more than a caveman-like "Mumble bad."

Thanks.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    graleron wrote: »
    Could you get more information as to what conflicts Mumble has with STO, please? This is information I'll need to feed back to my guild and fleet and I need to be able to say more than a caveman-like "Mumble bad."

Thanks.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

What are the conflicts? Crashes? Performance slowdowns? Exactly what is the conflict? You really can't just drop a bombshell like that about a VOIP server without some details.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • brazen1acebrazen1ace Member Posts: 159
    edited June 2013
    I have been using Mumble for while and I have had no problems with it. So like everyone else on this thread. We need details! It might not affect us but we still would like to know.
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    graleron wrote: »

Thanks.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

What are the conflicts? Crashes? Performance slowdowns? Exactly what is the conflict? You really can't just drop a bombshell like that about a VOIP server without some details.

Yeah I gotta add my name to this list. My buddy and I used it the other night with no problems. No Brandon you don't have to repeat yourself, I saw that and i understand that, but we would like to know so we don't go doing something that's going to cause problems
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
    edited June 2013
    rtk142 wrote: »
    Yeah I gotta add my name to this list. My buddy and I used it the other night with no problems. No Brandon you don't have to repeat yourself, I saw that and i understand that, but we would like to know so we don't go doing something that's going to cause problems

I'm removing it from the list :) Seems not to affect STO.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited June 2013

Thank you for the update.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you use anything on that list and you *do* have a problem, first make sure you're using the latest version of that application. And while you're at it, make sure all of your drivers, but especially graphics, are up to date. Software can conflict in weird ways and that'll fix a lot of problems.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Not to shine too bright a light on this: but why was it on there in the first place if it didn't have a conflict?

Just wondering why the need to scare my entire fleet? :eek::D
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yeah same. I use EVGA Precision on my desktop and the ASUS GPUTweak on my laptop which are both the same program as MSI Afterburner. Now if someone has overclocked their card too far and made it unstable for heavy 3D usage that's a different story but as long as you know the limits of your card there's no compatibility problem.
    jfsig02.png
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Brandon....i don't use ANY of those programs...and as far as i'm concerned they problably have very little to do with Cryptic's servers constantly crashing.....what's going on at the server farm? wow.....can we get SOME info what's going on? How many times since LoR launch has the game been down now?? 15? 20 times? More?
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Sigh.... Figures. The issue is simple. If Mumble is on before starting STO, and the STO window is resized, then STO will crash. If instead STO is on first, and then Mumble is turned on, then all is good. I do not use the Mumble overlay, so that has nothing to do with it. Seems some people are affected by the issue while others aren't. Not sure why, but if the thousand auto crash reports you have gotten from my computer aren't enough, I can do a youtube vid as well.

Don't worry about me though, you guys have thousands of other bugs I would rather see fixed first though, unless you guys are in denial over those too. I can hear quality control now ... "Did Mumble turn on? .... Yup ... Great no problem there!" Lol.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not to shine too bright a light on this: but why was it on there in the first place if it didn't have a conflict?

Just wondering why the need to scare my entire fleet? :eek::D

Presumably he got this information from a PWE site/staff member who have a list of a bunch of programs which conflict with one/some/all of their games. It might be that mumble causes issues with other PWE games, but not STO :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hmmh?

i use MSI Afterburner all the time too...
    i get the occasional CTD...
    nothing too terrible but if i can get rid of those that'd be nice anyway.

how exactly would these "known" instabilities look like with MSI Afterburner?

i use it to slow down the way too loud fan on my GPU, not to OC it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    hmmh?

i use MSI Afterburner all the time too...
    i get the occasional CTD...
    nothing too terrible but if i can get rid of those that'd be nice anyway.

how exactly would these "known" instabilities look like with MSI Afterburner?

i use it to slow down the way too loud fan on my GPU, not to OC it

Do you have the monitoring turned on? The card could be getting too hot and throttling thus causing the crash. If you use the MSI Afterburner monitoring graph it might show something.
    jfsig02.png
  • riaculpariaculpa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, I don't think anyone else has decided to add this to the forums, but I think I've figured out how to get TeamViewer (as of this writing, TeamViewer 8) to work with Star Trek Online without having to shut down TV8.

Close STO Launcher. Go into the Options menu, go to the Advanced tab (on the left). Click the Configure... button next to QuickConnect button.

Make sure Show QuickConnect button is unchecked. Click OK to apply all changes to your options.

It seems to allow STO to actually work.

Hopefully that helps anyone who uses TV8 to remote into their home machines. :)
  • jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    riaculpa wrote: »
    so, I Don't Think Anyone Else Has Decided To Add This To The Forums, But I Think I've Figured Out How To Get Teamviewer (as Of This Writing, Teamviewer 8) To Work With Star Trek Online Without Having To Shut Down Tv8.

Close Sto Launcher. Go Into The options Menu, Go To The advanced Tab (on The Left). Click The configure... Button Next To quickconnect Button.

Make Sure show Quickconnect Button Is Unchecked. Click Ok To Apply All Changes To Your Options.

It Seems To Allow Sto To Actually Work.

Hopefully That Helps Anyone Who Uses Tv8 To Remote Into Their Home Machines. :)

Thank You!!!
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I use it too to oc my gtx670 but no stability issues noticedmyet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • tongi02tongi02 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My problem is that I can't access my STO account, I can get in tribble and champions like normal but I can't access the STO? What is going on please, this has gone on for two days now?????:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Always move forward, even if it's one step at a time..
  • frabotenfraboten Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Add RadeonPro to the list. Couldn't start the game until I closed it.
  • smokinssoulmatesmokinssoulmate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can someone please Test Netflix as a possible Conflict.

I tested on multiple networks at multiple locations.

With STO playing : if Netflix is started on the same computer STO crashes.to the desktop.

However if Netflix is started before STO is started no crash occurs.

Netflix has been doing updates and this started when they started messing around.

can someone please test this before it is confirmed?
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd like to report Radeonpro as a conflict. Each time one tries to run STO with RP in the background, STO will crash with the error ID 26531885. The conflict seems to have been introduced with s8.

fraboten wrote: »
    Add RadeonPro to the list. Couldn't start the game until I closed it.

What this dude said.
    I need a beer.

• lbyrnelbyrne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have not been able to play this game, filed 3 tickets, never resolved and it is sitting in 12 GB of harddrive that I could be using for something else. Please help me to remove this or a place I can contact the source to uninstall STO. Thank you
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lbyrne wrote: »
    I have not been able to play this game, filed 3 tickets, never resolved and it is sitting in 12 GB of harddrive that I could be using for something else. Please help me to remove this or a place I can contact the source to uninstall STO. Thank you

The game un-installs just like any other program lol.
    I need a beer.

• trv13trv13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Advanced System Care Pro seems to cause launcher issues. I have to leave it off for the Launcher to open correctly, otherwise it stays on "Loading... Please wait." forever.

I also have to turn off the Active Optimize option. This caused problems on my lap top while trying to patch, the patch process would keep stalling and I'd have to cancel and restart the 'patch' process.