test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please don't sector-restrict the Romulan BOff recruitment

thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
Romulan BOff recruitment missions on Tribble are currently sector-restricted personal assignments that are only visible while in Tau Dewa. PLEASE reconsider this. Personal assignments reset every hour and are only visible to each character, so someone who wants to recruit Romulans will have to visit TD every hour so that they don't miss the assignments. This is the ONLY type of BOff recruitment that is restricted like this - all other BOff recruitment assignments are visible while in any sector because of how tedious it would be to visit certain sectors every hour and not have those assignments be shareable with anyone else. I don't want to camp my Romulan characters in TD just so that I don't miss these recruitment missions, but if it ends up going live like this I'll feel that I have to.
Post edited by thepantsparty on

Comments

• tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed. Romulan and Reman bridge officers should not be rare to romulans and remans.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It shouldn't be restricted to TD, but to all Romulan Sectors. Just because they are in space controlled by the Tal Shiar doesn't mean they don't have the right to defect to the Republic or be rescued. Maybe their starship took a wrong turn at the blue giant back there and are just late getting to New Romulus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • romineshrominesh Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    It shouldn't be restricted to TD, but to all Romulan Sectors. Just because they are in space controlled by the Tal Shiar doesn't mean they don't have the right to defect to the Republic or be rescued. Maybe their starship took a wrong turn at the blue giant back there and are just late getting to New Romulus.

I completely agree; Romulan and Reman recruitment should be available in all of Romulan space (TD, Psi Velorum, Alpha Centauri, and Iota Pavonis). I would imagine there are tons of potential officers on refugee colony worlds out there that wouldn't mind having their own Picard/Mackenzie Calhoun moment.
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think that it shouldn't be restricted at all. No other BOff recruitment assignments are sector-restricted.
  • beritpandionberitpandion Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think that it shouldn't be restricted at all. No other BOff recruitment assignments are sector-restricted.

^ Agree with this whole heartedly I've been TRYING to get the BOFF recruitment and it's driving me nuts that I've gotten 7 or so Nausicans and other BOFFs but 0 Reman or Romulan one's IN the TD sector as it is! WTH!?!

Please please please please change this for the better if we can't get rid of Tovan at least make it more feasible to minimize his interference. :P
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Also agreed 100%....should never have been sector restricted!
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Personal assignments reset every hour and are only visible to each character, so someone who wants to recruit Romulans will have to visit TD every hour so that they don't miss the assignments.

Here I have been parking alts at the command center checking every 4 hours. This changes EVERYTHING for me.

I've given up on them fixing things. I have a week old ticket to get Nurara Strikeforce Tier 5 Reputation Bonus that Customer Service has not had the time to respond for my KDF.

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Whereas restriction to only Tau Dewa is abit small... other boff races are also only available in certain groups ....

Trill only around DS9 for example.

I agree it should be bigger, i agree alot of the doff system needs to change (why are my purpes not recommended by my boffz) but making the missions unrestricted might be going abit too free...