test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random Tray Icons and Department Head Assignments

paddster7paddster7 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Since the Romulan Season upgrade I have been having issues with tray icons and department head assignments on my toons.

Regarding the tray icons, every time I change screens, for example going from sector space to any system, I will get random BOFF abilities dropped into any empty tray slots I have. I will then remove them and the very next time I change screens, they are back.

A similar thing is happening to my department head assignments. I will assign specific BOFFs to various department heads and as soon as I change screens or log out of STO and back in they are changed. When this happens, the system usually either assigns some random BOFF to the department head assignments or they are just blank. I go in and assign the BOFFs I want for the department heads and they are changed the next time I go somewhere or change toons.

I have been with STO from the beginning and this used to be a problem. But, they had apparently fixed it. Then, with the Romulan update it came back. Probably, some coder tried to shortcut and used some old code and now the bug is back. :cool:
Post edited by paddster7 on

Comments

• yuukageyuukage Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am having this same issues as well like the author below. I bet everyone having this too.

in addition, my skills in shortcut keys keep jumping randomly switching places everytime I beam into a map during missions. weird thing is this only happened on my remodulation skills in shortcut key "0" and distortion field skill in shortcutkey "c4". they keep switching places everytime even the lock option is ticked. this started ever since the reputation system launched. I have already submitted several tickets last year but DEV team seams ignoring me. Please do something DEV team. what's the point having the lock shortcut option when it is not working at all.

thanks

paddster7 wrote: »
    Since the Romulan Season upgrade I have been having issues with tray icons and department head assignments on my toons.

Regarding the tray icons, every time I change screens, for example going from sector space to any system, I will get random BOFF abilities dropped into any empty tray slots I have. I will then remove them and the very next time I change screens, they are back.

A similar thing is happening to my department head assignments. I will assign specific BOFFs to various department heads and as soon as I change screens or log out of STO and back in they are changed. When this happens, the system usually either assigns some random BOFF to the department head assignments or they are just blank. I go in and assign the BOFFs I want for the department heads and they are changed the next time I go somewhere or change toons.

I have been with STO from the beginning and this used to be a problem. But, they had apparently fixed it. Then, with the Romulan update it came back. Probably, some coder tried to shortcut and used some old code and now the bug is back. :cool:
  • davidmcnavaradavidmcnavara Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    paddster7 wrote: »

I have this problem too. When I change view from tactical to ship interior, department heads are randomly reseted.
  • crivakcrivak Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the boff problem, too. When I log back in I find that the department heads have been reset to the default positions.
  • rhylethxrhylethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So...because we're so used to bugs here, we're just gonna ignore this cryptic? No post/update saying you'll look into it? Or is there a fix in the C-store for this I didn't notice?
    Maybe a lock box?