test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

where can i get more dilithium

dekabreak1000dekabreak1000 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Federation Discussion
i have maxed my refined dilithium for the day where else can i get dilithium and i am not buying it
Post edited by dekabreak1000 on

Comments

• tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Play another character. 8K Dilithum per day is the hard cap per character, except for 800 day vet subscribers who can refine an additional 1K per 2 days per character.

If you have not read this then you should.
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • trycksh0ttrycksh0t Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dilithium is capped at 8,000 per day. Without buying it, that is all you can get. Period. No missions/events/assignments award refined dilithium.
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trycksh0t wrote: »
    Dilithium is capped at 8,000 per day. Without buying it, that is all you can get. Period. No missions/events/assignments award refined dilithium.

There is a duty officer assigment for refinining 1000 extra dilithium every two days, of couse is only available for veteran gold members (at least 800 subscribed days) or LTS players.

But yeah... the most practical way is using more characters
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • queeg9000queeg9000 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So 8k max per character,most things cost well over 20k

Only option is to buy more character slot or buy the dill.either way it will cost you real money :mad:
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    queeg9000 wrote: »

Only option is to buy more character slot or buy the dill.either way it will cost you real money :mad:

No. Even silver players get 3 character slots now. So that's 24K max a day. If you play long enough, you can convert the dilithium to Zen, and buy more slots. If you don't have the time or the patience to do that, then you can buy the dilithium with real money. The choice is yours, and you should be glad that you DO have a choice. Don't forget that this is a F2P game. The devs have to make money to keep the servers running, so you can't expect everything to be free. If you want the convenience of having everything "now", then expect to pay up.
    edited May 2013

Well you can refine 16k Dil every day (with 2 max characters) then (depending on the Dil-Zen conversion price) you can buy extra character slots without real currency in a .

The only factor that is of REAL consequence is time.
    Is this game deserving of the time necessary to grind that amount of Dil?
    At current conversion prices, it will take less than a week to grind enough Dil for the character slots.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rezking wrote: »
    Well you can refine 16k Dil every day (with 2 max characters) then (depending on the Dil-Zen conversion price) you can buy extra character slots without real currency in a .

The only factor that is of REAL consequence is time.
    Is this game deserving of the time necessary to grind that amount of Dil?
    At current conversion prices, it will take less than a week to grind enough Dil for the character slots.

Depends what you want, how badly you want it and how quickly you want it.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Make a KDF solely to Doff with.Their doffing pays better.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Incidentally....8000 in one day? How did you get that much in one day? Was it just nonstop asteroid mining? If so, how long did that take?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Incidentally....8000 in one day? How did you get that much in one day? Was it just nonstop asteroid mining? If so, how long did that take?

Combination of dailies, STFs, and Doff for me. Defera dailies give around 2400 or so total. Traelus is 480. Foundry spotlight gives about 2400 or so. ESTFs give 960 per run. Exploration daily is 1440. Fleet mission daily (usually klingon scout force) gives some, forget the number though. Doff mission to turn in contraband gives like 2k I think (use a KDF alt to farm contraband). I don't even do the asteroid mining, but you can do that too. I think pvp might give some? Not sure, I don't pvp. There's probably more ways too.

Honestly though, I rarely if ever hit my 8k daily cap. Not because I don't know where/how to get it, just that I find most of the methods to obtain it boring as hell. I typically make 2k-5k per day on one character. I don't have the patience to do it on my alts too lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Dilithium

Once you know where to go it is easy.

You can't do none stop asteroid mining by the way, both havae a 20 hour cool down.
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Welcome to the frustration club.
    decronia wrote: »
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Dilithium

Once you know where to go it is easy.

You can't do none stop asteroid mining by the way, both havae a 20 hour cool down.

Yeah it's easy enough, it's the low cap considering how much dilithium is needed is what drives me crazier.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also, the Featured Foundry missions give double dilithium rewards. I can't remember the duration, but you can make a good 2400 with a bit of regular game play instead of doing the repetitive tasks.
    <3
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The new Nimbus area also rewards fast Dilithium. There's a character at the bar which has 3 missions (killing "animals", orion contraband and killing an Orion pirate group). They are all easy and relatively quick to do. The one that takes longer, depending on the spawn location is the one in which you go for the pirates. It takes longer because you need to "get there".
    If I am not mistaken they reward 640 (?) dil each. The "animals" one depends on how many you can kill in the specific time.
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Make a KDF solely to Doff with.Their doffing pays better.

Ding ding, we have the answer.

Roll up a Klingon. Invest a bit in some decent Doffs (especially Tactical, Security and some Engineering/Operations), then fly around and fill him up with Marauding missions that show items as a reward. You will get a good amount of Contraband and prisoners. Prisoners you can cash in at a rate of 4 prisoners to 500 dilithium by looking for "Forced Labor Requisiton" missions under your Tactical officer (fly around, they come up in different locations). Contraband can be turned in to Security Officers on ESD, Qo'noS, DS9, K7 and Ganalda at a rate of 5 Contraband to 2000 dilithium. Put your stack of Contraband in your account bank and have multiple characters run it. Assuming my Klingon scores at least 15 Contraband average per day (and he generally does), my Fed, KDF and RRF can all turn in a stack of 5. That's 6k dilithium, per day, for doing very little. Add in prisoners, and any other dilithium rewarding Doff assignments my Fed and RRF may have run, and I can easily hit 8k per day, just from Doffing. Everything else is gravy.

The most time consuming part is just running the Klingon around all the sector blocks looking for Marauding assignments. That's like 15-20 minutes of work. Another 10-20 turning stuff in and queuing up Doff assignments on the other two, mostly by just seeing what's available wherever they happen to be standing. I don't usually run them all around looking for more.

None of my three generally hit their 8k cap, but between the three I'm generally well in excess of 8k especially if I actually play some content. Use the dilithium exchange to move dilithium between characters. What you do is:

1. Offer to buy Zen at 25 dilithium per. Offer all the dilithium you want to transfer. Nobody will take the offer because it's absurd. And if they somehow did, hey lots of Zen for you.

2. The offer will go up. Cancel it. The dilithium will sit in escrow in the exchange.

3. Switch characters to the one you want to hold your dilithium

4. Open the dilithium exchange and withdraw all your dilithium.

My Fed is the banker, he has all the dilithium so I know how much I have overall. If my KDF or Romulan needs some, I just transfer the amount over to them.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited June 2013

Silvers cant do mining on a regular basis because we cant get the claims as easy as gold. Getting the claims from lockboxes can cost quite a bit of EC. I have opened 5 lockboxes and not recieved a claim yet.

@op,

Best thing you can do is grind enough dilithium to buy 2 extra slots and once those slots are filled run a spotlight foundry mission on all 5 of your slots, for 2k dilithium each. (That mission is one of the missions on the first page that has the yellow text saying it gives an extra reward for being the first completed that day). Then do DOFF assignments on all 5 characters, select any assignment that gives contraband and DO NOT SELL the contraband. and do any assignment that rewards 50 or more dilithium. After all those are filled then put the remaining assignments on whatever. Average about 2.5k+ on each character without doing any of the daily missions for 1440 or less. On your main character do atleast 2 of the 1440 dilithium dailies as well as the above doff's and foundry.

At the end of the week trade dilithium for zen on 4 of your characters then sell the zen from your main to get around 30k if you didnt do contraband on all 5 atleast once that week. And more if you max your refine on 1 or more characters. I do just the above for 30k+ so I can actualy play the game lol.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
    edited June 2013
    How does being Gold affect getting rich mining claims? They come from lockboxes, everybody has to pay the same 125 Zen for it. You could say stipend, but that only gets you 4 keys per month, assuming you didn't spend it on something else. And, if you wanted to spend Zen to get dilithium, you buy dilithium directly on the exchange. Buying lockbox keys just to get mining claims is silly.

Regular mining is a daily mission. Anybody can do it, once per day. If you do it during the Mining Event that comes up on the hourly rotation, you get more, but you still can only do it once per day.

(Yes, you can "cheat" a little by taking the mission one day, sitting on it until the next day, then double pumping it during the event. It's still, average, once per day though)
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • jdskjflkjdfklsjfjdskjflkjdfklsjf Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    6 characters on one account = 48,000 dil a day if you can farm enough unrefined to do it.

First thing to do is farm enough DIL with the 3 characters you can make as a FTP player. Then purchase enough ZEN to buy 2 more character slots.Or spend $6 to buy 2.

Make 4 of the 5 you'll have KDF and farm the marauding missions with DOFFs for Contraband, and turn it in for DIL.Doffing starts at LV11 Get at least 5 projectile/energy weapon and tractor beam officers and security min.on each KDF I avg over 20 contraband daily with 20 min work per character.Turn in contraband every 4 hrs with all 5.

Make one character your main and concentrate on it.Get your main to LV50 as fast as possible and do STF's and such for more DIL. The extras are only tools.
  • uskodetrauskodetra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As Others have mentioned, more toons is the key to success. Getting D is pretty easy, My main method is STF's, I can get 8k d in roughly 45 minutes per toon. Doing STF's, You can easily get 60k+ refined D per day.

Want an item, but can't afford the EC price? Join TheTradingChannel, and see if You can wheel and deal! TheTradingChannel, for all Your trading needs http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=479391
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    uskodetra wrote: »
    Getting D is pretty easy.

He's got the D.

I recommend what everyone else is doing. Namely, a +1 to everyone who thought of the extra characters.
  • byzanathosbyzanathos Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the best method for dilith is patience
  • ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    uskodetra wrote: »
    As Others have mentioned, more toons is the key to success. Getting D is pretty easy, My main method is STF's, I can get 8k d in roughly 45 minutes per toon. Doing STF's, You can easily get 60k+ refined D per day.

8k on STFs? Is that on Elite or normal difficulty?

Also, how would more toons get you more dilithium for your main character? Is this through the shared account bank feature available from the Zen store?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also, how would more toons get you more dilithium for your main character? Is this through the shared account bank feature available from the Zen store?
    Refine dilithium on other characters.
    Place cheap buy orders (25 dil per Zen) on dilithium Exchange.
    Switch to main character.
    Cancel orders.
    Withdraw dilithium.
  • ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This will probably drive the price of contraband through the roof, but for each character you could run a Foundry farming mission and sell the loot, giving you about 600-800k EC. Currently contraband sells for around 50k a piece. That is 12-16 contraband that you can turn in to the security officer DOFF mission and get 4-6k towards your limit already per character.
    edited June 2013
    You can buy contraband and feed the market on that, or you can use a Klingon character to get it free from Doffing. I explained how that's done earlier in the thread.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited June 2013
    This will probably drive the price of contraband through the roof, but for each character you could run a Foundry farming mission and sell the loot, giving you about 600-800k EC. Currently contraband sells for around 50k a piece. That is 12-16 contraband that you can turn in to the security officer DOFF mission and get 4-6k towards your limit already per character.

Small flaw in your plan, Doesn't turning in Contraband have a 20 hour cooldown? Some Unscrupulous Projectile Weapons & Tractor Officers on a Klingon Toon you'll be overloaded with Contraban.

Also for a one time hit the Romulan rep T5 mission pays 32k unrefined Dilithium.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited June 2013
    make 2 more characters

problem solved
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Or you can be patient and wait/play a few days (of refining) to get that particular item.

(I know blasphemy in this current culture of instant gratification/must have what I desire NAO!)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."