test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus Marks Weekend Event [Now Ended]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Earn bonus Reputation and Fleet Marks during our special weekend event that runs from 10AM PDT on Thursday, June 13th until 10AM PDT on Monday, June 17th!

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nice. Looking forward to that :)
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's great!!! *^^* - Hope to see this event more often in the future.. how about once per month?
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    **cough** Dilithium mine **cough**
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh goodie, another nice event scheduled on patch day, and with the size and complexity of the patch coming (see Tribble release notes) it'll probably be over before the game is stable again.

<facepalm>
    This is how the game has taught me to submit constructive criticism.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited June 2013
    No Crystalline entity in this bonus weekend?
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Oh goodie, another nice event scheduled on patch day, and with the size and complexity of the patch coming (see Tribble release notes) it'll probably be over before the game is stable again.

<facepalm>

The patch that is currently on Tribble is not going live this week :)
    hrci2907 wrote: »
    No Crystalline entity in this bonus weekend?

If it gets a bonus during the normal "Bonus Marks Event" timeslot now that runs daily, it should also get it during this weekend event.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • iggygreeniggygreen Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i would LOVE to take advantage of this, but i still CANNOT queue for ANY pve/pvp as it stats im already queued (but im not) it would have been nice if bug like that were fixed BEFORE doing this, but meh what do i know.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2013

If it gets a bonus during the normal "Bonus Marks Event" timeslot now that runs daily, it should also get it during this weekend event.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I realize that, but it's rare that a patch doesn't come on thursday, and I'm conditioned to expect no notice other than a few hours before a patch and to expect the previous tribble drop to be included in the holodeck patch.

We'll see tomorrow, but I expect the worst.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited June 2013

That's a shame - doesn't this patch fix the PvE queues?!
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013

<facepalm>

You're assuming that that patch is coming to Holodeck on Thursday. I'm betting that will come next Thursday, as it only just went live on Tribble. EDIT: Nvm just saw Bran's reply.

In any case, this was just what I wanted to hear ^_^ Might be able to get my Rom some Mk XI Omega gear now.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited June 2013
    I realize that, but it's rare that a patch doesn't come on thursday, and I'm conditioned to expect no notice other than a few hours before a patch and to expect the previous tribble drop to be included in the holodeck patch.

We'll see tomorrow, but I expect the worst.

We are planning to have a patch tomorrow during our weekly scheduled maintenance, but it won't include what was in the Tribble patch notes released yesterday.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's great to see weekend events like this however I was wondering if epohh tagging/raising/turning in elders for marks would fall under this event since technically it is a New Romulus Ground Mission/New Romulus Ground Instance?
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We are planning to have a patch tomorrow during our weekly scheduled maintenance, but it won't include what was in the Tribble patch notes released yesterday.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Cool cool, but I get where he's coming from too, usually if something goes to tribble on Tuesday night(my time) it's usually live on holodeck by Thursday afternoon. As much as it is to my frustration, I'm happy to see things going to tribble for longer than 48 hours before going live.

Keep this up.

Also gives me time to figure out and aquire what I'll need for:
    Systems
    • Romulan Captains now have access to a series of "Bridge Officer Applicant" Recruitment assignments which can reward Romulan or Reman Bridge Officer candidates of Green or better quality depending on the outcome.
      • These assignments will only appear in Tau Dewa Sector, New Romulus Command, and are not common.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
    edited June 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well Crytalline entity deos not get a bonus during the normal bonus marks event which is strange as every other mission do. Is that working as intended or is it an oversight?
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "...playing the specific queued events and content listed above during those timeslots will not provide double bonus rewards..."
    bah. i want double rewards.
    edited June 2013
    Well Crytalline entity deos not get a bonus during the normal bonus marks event which is strange as every other mission do. Is that working as intended or is it an oversight?

Not sure, but I'll pass along the feedback that you'd like it to :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • elandur#0845 elandur Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks. Its good to farm Fleet Marks for my KDF-Fleet. :)

But not to farm Nukara-Marks, no thanks. Really.
    I can farm in 30 Minutes (i make it easy, i do not want to go to much in detail) 400 Marks for the New Romulus or Omega Repuation or only 100 Nukara Marks...
    Have Fun to farm the Set-Items. In this time i can do better things... :rolleyes:
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Awesome looking forward to it. but does this mean theirs a some what big update coming?
    just curious usually when theirs a special event something big coming once its over.
    edited June 2013
    Will the normal bonus event be removed from the event calendar or are we able to get extra bonuses during the 3 hour event?
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bonus marks, as in +1 mark pr instance, or can we expect a Little bit higher outcome of marks? Like several percent higher outcome...
    /Floozy
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    (Originally Posted by salamiinferno
    Systems
    Romulan Captains now have access to a series of "Bridge Officer Applicant" Recruitment assignments which can reward Romulan or Reman Bridge Officer candidates of Green or better quality depending on the outcome.
    These assignments will only appear in Tau Dewa Sector, New Romulus Command, and are not common.)

now im going to be logging on every 3 hours to see if the missions up :)
    but it is about time there added this
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    earn Bonus Reputation And Fleet Marks During Our Special Weekend Event That Runs From 10am Pdt On Thursday, June 13th Until 10am Pdt On Monday, June 17th!

click Here To Read More.

Yyayyayyayayyayayy
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yay!... Wait... I work every Thursday through Sunday. :(
    How about a Humpday Bonus Time for those of us who's 'weekend' is Tuesday-Wednesday
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bonus Mark Weekend!?! Yaaaaaaay!
    Please do Brandon. I've only just recently noticed that CE doesn't provide bonus marks during the normal bonus time, and was going to inquire about that. Seems like a bug, as I can't think of any reason why CE shouldn't be awarded bonus marks.

Thanks!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will the normal bonus event be removed from the event calendar or are we able to get extra bonuses during the 3 hour event?

or you read the blog.

*Please note that this event works exactly like the in-game ?Bonus Marks Event? that can be found on the ?Today?s Events? rotator in the Mission Journal, but is active for the entire duration of the special weekend event. While the ?Bonus Marks Event? event will still display in the Mission Journal on the ?Today?s Events? rotator, playing the specific queued events and content listed above during those timeslots will not provide double bonus rewards.
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    artanisen wrote: »
    Awesome looking forward to it. but does this mean theirs a some what big update coming?
    just curious usually when theirs a special event something big coming once its over.

Check the Tribble release notes. We're getting another Fleet holding... You know, the one that we were told would 'help small fleets' but in fact is just another Fleet Mark sink for small fleets to spend another year working on before getting anywhere.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited June 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks that would be awesome!
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nice! Just what I needed to get my Romulan some marks. Thanks for event.
  • revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What would be nice is if Lifetime Subscribers got a small stipend of various marks every month, just like they already get 500 Zen each month. And a Marks Package from the C-Store or Dil Store would be nice too.
  • grejvxgrejvx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nice, but I would prefer something like "reduced time for reputation projects", I've got enough of marks, but have to wait long time to spend them, at least there are Fleet Marks to grind so we can finally get that Tier V ships...
This discussion has been closed.