test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Faction Doff missions for Boffs Please

captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
So I've played through the Romulan Faction Twice practically. All in All you only get 3 Boffs. One Uncommon. One Rare and One Very Rare. Kind of lacking but I understand its probably a story thing or just a really bad bug. In the other factions you get like 10 Boff's in the "New Officer" Missions. Doesn't really add up. I would like to see Romulan, Reman and Alien "Evaluate Tac/Eng/Sci" Missions for Boffs. PLEASE

Like my fanpage!
https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
Post edited by captainbmoney on

Comments

• Options
    smidgysmidgy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You must have a bug. I have a KDF-aligned Reman at level 39, I have not bought a single Boff, as of yet, and have 12 Boffs, if you include the ones sitting waiting to see if I'll get them to join my crew or simply train from them. Now, one was from the Legacy pack and another was a Liberated Borg from LTS, but that still leaves 10 obtained purely as mission rewards or the 'New Officer' missions that popped up as I levelled.
  • Options
    tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    He specified Romulan faction, not your allied faction boffs.

And yes, it'd be nice to get some Romulan/Reman boffs outside of what you start with (at 31 and have zero extra ones so far.)
    edited June 2013
    Well, actually he said he had 3 boffs, total, but even if you were right, you still must be bugged, as I have 7 Romulans, 2 Remans, a Nausicaan, an Alien and a Klingon as Boffs or waiting to be boffs, and all bar two obtained from mission rewards or from 'New Officer' missions.
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    smidgy wrote: »
    Well, actually he said he had 3 boffs, total, but even if you were right, you still must be bugged, as I have 7 Romulans, 2 Remans, a Nausicaan, an Alien and a Klingon as Boffs or waiting to be boffs, and all bar two obtained from mission rewards or from 'New Officer' missions.

I got 4 New Officer missions in total. 1 green, 2 blue, 1 purple. Annoyingly, the only officers who asked if they could join my crew through doff missions were humans and Ferengi. On the Andorian I played the week before LoR came out I still have 6 open New Officer Missions and I'm unsure how many I turned in.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes having unique Romulan recruitment missions that reward Romulan/Reman Bridge Officers for Romulan players is something that they really need and don't know why they don't have any.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My guess is that would open those doff missions up for everyone and they Don't want that because of the embassy boffs.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    kaevwrynnkaevwrynn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not really. They just need to set them up to be like the Romulan-only doff assignments in Tau Dewa. Like attending lectures in New Romulus Command, or sending officers to meetings with folks from Tau Dewa systems to shore up alliances... or planting false data in Federation/Klingon databases to implicate the Tal Shiar.

Though that would also, in my opinion, hinge on them actually giving Romulans a proper doff grinder instead of just 'proper' general, tactical, engineering, science, and civvie recruitment, all of which only reward white/green quality doffs (in my experience). I should not go through the doff grind to end up with a Nausicaan when I'm a Romulan commander. I was hoping to use that to get rid of the non-Romulans/Remans in my doff roster, not add to them.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kaevwrynn wrote: »
    'proper' general, tactical, engineering, science, and civvie recruitment, all of which only reward white/green quality doffs (in my experience).

I can promise you from my own experience that blues are possible from those. I crit'd a Civvie and scored a blue bartender and a blue chef. Yay me. I think I've got a blue security officer, too.

I really want a proper grinder, though. I'm getting tired of all these whites hanging around.