test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rura Penthe mission is...AWESOME!

ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Klingon Discussion
So with LoR, I created a new Feresan character, with the intent to level him up along the new Klingon content path.

Yesterday, I played through the Rura Penthe mission, and man, it was AWESOME! Probably my favorite mission in the whole game. I wont spoil it for those who haven't played it yet, but the ending was pretty magnificent!

I also really liked that my Feresan and First Officer beamed down in the Klingon version of cold weather gear. Nice touch!

Kudos to the Dev that made this mission! :)

On a side note, I know the bracers from that winter gear are Klingon Honor Guard. Is the heavy jacket a KHG piece as well?

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Post edited by ccarmichael07 on

Comments

• Options
    krovankrovan Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it is a fantastic mission, I'd love to see rura done as a zone like nimbus
    http://soundcloud.com/krovan-1
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah it was a good mission. Though I think it was a bit too short really.
    I also really liked that my Feresan and First Officer beamed down in the Klingon version of cold weather gear. Nice touch!

Yeah that was a nice touch. Personally I think they should add that to the cstore for the KDF. I'd buy that fur lined armor
  • Options
    pugdaddypugdaddy Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really enjoyed this mission too. Parts were pretty scary. I love the pet reward.
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The early missions in the KDF line up are awesome, before you get into the missions that are just Fed patrol copies. Rura was and is really fun and the rewards are great. I can't express by gratitude to the Dev's for doing those couple of early missions, top quality stuff to add to the Fek'lhri missions.

I hope to see more missions like this from those Dev's for the KDF in the upcoming seasons. If they could fill the entire line-up of KDF missions with quality like this, I can see a massive boom to the KDF population provided they also fix the bugs for us.

Hint, hint Cryptic... ;)
    krovan wrote: »
    it is a fantastic mission, I'd love to see rura done as a zone like nimbus

I agree, give Nimbus to the Romulans, Risa to the Feds and Rura to the KDF. :D
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree, give Nimbus to the Romulans, Risa to the Feds and Rura to the KDF. :D

Typical, Feds get a tropical paradise while we get a frozen hell :P

Or you could be like me, I'm a Marauder and just go to Risa when I need a vacation...
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    loukoc wrote: »

Typical, Feds get a tropical paradise while we get a frozen hell :P

Or you could be like me, I'm a Marauder and just go to Risa when I need a vacation...

Wouldn't have it any other way... We are Klingons, not La-Z-Boy recliners. ;)

Yeah I love cutting across the fleeters backyard. :P
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wouldn't have it any other way... We are Klingons, not La-Z-Boy recliners. ;)

Yeah I love cutting across the fleeters backyard. :P

I'm a cat so I prefer recliners in a tropical paradise, like all cats I love snoozing in the shade during a hot day. On the other hand, Rura Penthe doesn't have a fireplace for me to sit in front of so I'm not gonna go there...

Just to stay in topic, when I did that mission I was killing the prisoners even after the optionals were done, just for the fun of it. Also, if you go in there in KHG uniform you don't wear the coat...