test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Satra's Medical Outfit.

colson15colson15 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
So early in the Romulan campaign, you pick up a rom female sci officer named Satra.

She has a medical coat/gear costume options. Well, she was a green boff and I wanted to replace her with a purple one, so I saved her outfit and deleted her.

When I tried to load this outfit on the new character, it didn't even save correctly (a tailor bug that is really ticking me off, Cryptic), so I went in to do the outfit from scratch.

But there is no option for the med coat or gear or anything. Does anyone know why?
Post edited by colson15 on

Comments

• Options
    amwolfeamwolfe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    colson15 wrote: »
    So early in the Romulan campaign, you pick up a rom female sci officer named Satra.

She has a medical coat/gear costume options. Well, she was a green boff and I wanted to replace her with a purple one, so I saved her outfit and deleted her.

When I tried to load this outfit on the new character, it didn't even save correctly (a tailor bug that is really ticking me off, Cryptic), so I went in to do the outfit from scratch.

But there is no option for the med coat or gear or anything. Does anyone know why?

It is specific to that BOFF. The Satra BOFF herself has the costume options, much like Hiven and Tovan each have special gear they can wear. It doesn't transfer.
  • Options
    colson15colson15 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That really seems like a waste of game resources to put in and make it unavailable...
  • Options
    gsdgdshgdshfgdsjgsdgdshgdshfgdsj Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah the special boffs you get from the story missions often have special costume options that only they can choose. Thats why I am keeping mine even if I'm not using them. They add character to my crew.
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What's more stupid is that they even have those unique sets to begin with, completely unannounced with no indication what so ever. Their traits didn't lend them to be anything special either, so the natural instinct is to delete them and pick up different ones. Top it off by not having them as replay awards makes for one solid boneheaded design decision.
  • Options
    squidheadjaxsquidheadjax Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The main thing that bugs me is Satra's stats are more suited to an offense/controller sci, while Hiven's are more suited to being the healer.
    SQUIRREL!
  • Options
    curufeancurufean Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    What's more stupid is that they even have those unique sets to begin with, completely unannounced with no indication what so ever. Their traits didn't lend them to be anything special either, so the natural instinct is to delete them and pick up different ones. Top it off by not having them as replay awards makes for one solid boneheaded design decision.

I don't know, my natural instanct was to keep them because they were part of my Romulan's starting story and they had a place on my crew. the Jem'Hadar bridge officer, the Reman and the Breen all have special outfits. I don't see how this is terribly different. if you chose to delete them that was your choice. You're angry because you can't use the special uniform options that were designed for Bridge officers that have special scripting and design for the romulan starting story.

QQ More.
    Captain Mobeus Chronox
  • Options
    squidheadjaxsquidheadjax Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So train them in different skills. It's the first thing I do when I get them.

As do I. But it's annoying, because she and just she gets the medical costume.
    SQUIRREL!
  • Options
    tammi02tammi02 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Institute of Medicine, part of the National Academy of the Sciences, has put together a report describing trends in health care spending. Among other conclusions, the IOM found that an enormous quantity of money is down to medical waste, or on anything but helping individuals. Medical waste, such as unneeded treatments and administrative overhead, makes up about $750 billion each year.
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They should really give us the special parts of the uniforms once we pass the romulan storyline.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    dm19deltadm19delta Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tammi02 wrote: »
    The Institute of Medicine, part of the National Academy of the Sciences, has put together a report describing trends in health care spending. Among other conclusions, the IOM found that an enormous quantity of money is down to medical waste, or on anything but helping individuals. Medical waste, such as unneeded treatments and administrative overhead, makes up about $750 billion each year.

Holy threadjack Batman! Talk about being off topic. Someone please explain how this could possibly be related to Satra's unique medical uniform.
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tammi02 wrote: »

Spam link ahoy! How did this one get though?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you know, no one really has any reason to get rid of satra through, since she has romulan operative, and rom boffs with that are VERY expensive, but other than that i agree.
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    curufean wrote: »
    I don't know, my natural instanct was to keep them because they were part of my Romulan's starting story and they had a place on my crew. the Jem'Hadar bridge officer, the Reman and the Breen all have special outfits. I don't see how this is terribly different. if you chose to delete them that was your choice. You're angry because you can't use the special uniform options that were designed for Bridge officers that have special scripting and design for the romulan starting story.

QQ More.

It takes an extraordinary leap to connect the Romulan BOFFs, of which only Tovan has dialog options and is unique, to link it together with the Breen, Jem Hadar or the Reman BOFFs from FE which you can't customize at all. They have nothing in common.

I also couldn't careless about the fluff uniforms, what I care about is unannounced/undocumented features, especially in light of the fact that BOFFs can't have traits retrained or be otherwise customized beyond their skill selection. If you stopped to think about it you might actually realize how dumb this is set up.
  • Options
    sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just want to reclaim the boffs, or be able to train them in the good skills. But I can't because I can't trade them. I made a post about it, which the devs seem to have ignored.

I don't know why I play a game where the devs don't give a damn, at least I stopped spending RL money.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(