test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game mechanic of rolling crits in sto

osirisraaosirisraa Member Posts: 13 Arc User
in other game they use a 1 dice 20 and crits are determined by 18 19 20 depending and almost always roll as hits that land with 18 19 20. In STO is it the same way when missed shots are low rolls anyway and crits always roll as a hit so you almost never miss a crit roll?
Post edited by osirisraa on

Comments

• Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    only 2 games possibly use a 20 in mmo's, neverwinter and another i probably can't mention so won't.

simplified

to hit, total accuracy combined vs targets total defense
    if hit then
    0~100 to see if it's a critical hit. 2 seperate rolls though modifiers from the initial hit roll (accuracy bleedover) gets added to your critical chance.

even in that other game the crit roll is seperate from the hit roll, neverwinter i haven't bothered playing sooo, dunno.

most all games (i don't know any that don't, but there may be some out there) seperate to hit and critical rolls, don't know what game you were referring to, but it was poorly designed if it makes every hit a crit. those that use a system based on rng to determine hits.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    [QUOTE=

to hit, total accuracy combined vs targets total defense
    if hit then
    0~100 to see if it's a critical hit. 2 seperate rolls though modifiers from the initial hit roll (accuracy bleedover) gets added to your critical chance.

I dont think this is correct as for it see some times I hit a target going the same speed and some times I don't vs PVE... which would lead me to think that there is a chance roll going on some where
  • Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited June 2013
    I put on my robe and wizard hat...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    I put on my robe and wizard hat...

=) so is he right? or is it more then A vs B
  • Options