test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix The Healing Random TRIBBLE

issueman1issueman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
It's getting old, you click a heal to save your ship and the heal goes to some random mine or fighter in space and not you.

THIS IS A GAME BREAKER I DON'T LIKE SEEING A RESPAWN SCREEN. IT NEEDS FIXED.
Post edited by issueman1 on

Comments

• kaelgorkaelgor Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually, there is an option to turn that off. Go into your options, select the Controls tab, and set 'Assist Target on Attack' to off. That will keep your heals and such from going to places you don't want them. Its meant to allow players to heal the main tank without switching targets. Granted, its annoying, since you can use the F1-F5 to do the targeting anyway, and I always switch that setting to off on making a new character, as it defaults to 'on'.

Hope that fixes your issue.
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kaelgor wrote: »
    Actually, there is an option to turn that off. Go into your options, select the Controls tab, and set 'Assist Target on Attack' to off. That will keep your heals and such from going to places you don't want them. Its meant to allow players to heal the main tank without switching targets. Granted, its annoying, since you can use the F1-F5 to do the targeting anyway, and I always switch that setting to off on making a new character, as it defaults to 'on'.

Hope that fixes your issue.

I have the problem the OP has and turning off Assist Target on Attack does not work to prevent this problem. Sometimes I can go long periods of time with no problems at all and then their are times the problem happens a lot it seems to be random.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah this is annoying as hell. Could do with a shield and hull heal, goes to press buttons, and the heals go to my HY plasma torp.
    Much rage ensues... :mad:
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, same here. I need that critical HE and TT, and suddenly my plasma torp has it.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited June 2013
    Is 'Never Auto-Target Objects' and 'Never Auto-Target Pets' set to on?
  • threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited June 2013
    kaelgor wrote: »
    Is 'Never Auto-Target Objects' and 'Never Auto-Target Pets' set to on?

you do realize enabling those settings prevents you from tab targeting hostile pets and projectiles, including crystal shards and sphere pets from unimatrix things and other stf boss mobs, right?
    edited June 2013
    I know the effect of setting those two to on. 'Assist Target on Attack' may be bugged, but if it still auto-targets with those two previous settings on, then its something else entirely.

When trying to find a bug or workaround, its best to consider all settings that could possibly affect the problem itself.
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I haven't had a heal or TT go to projectiles, but lately I have noticed I'll randomly target a plasma torp that I've just fired when I know I didn't hit tab. It's annoying when I'm shooting at a gate in a STF and suddenly I'm not shooting anymore because my target has switched all on it's own, doubly so because it resets my sensor analysis.
  • madajmamamadajmama Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    Its happening to me since LoR...

Ugh such annoying bug.

If u use carrier u are totaly screwed.
  • purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    madajmama wrote: »
    Its happening to me since LoR...

Ugh such annoying bug.

If u use carrier u are totaly screwed.

Aye been playing since open beta and its never happened before. Now on my Romulan captain I'm using tactical team on a mine...

My simple work around is not to use mines or similar. I hope it gets fixed though its blasted annoying.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ahh.. so THAT's what is causing it.

Count me as one of those who has been getting continuously frustrated with the game auto-selected my mines since LoR.

Also, can we have teamed players selectable by clicking on them in the party interface back? I have gotten used to 'raid healing' with my support corsair and it adds one more layer of convolution by having to swap targets with the function keys while maintaining distances, heals, pets and debuffs.
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited June 2013
    I thought I was going crazy when all of a sudden I am targeting my own mine, not just heals but targeting it instead of what i was trying to kill. Happily firing away at some random ship that wants me dead and suddenly i am not firing anymore and target is replaced with a mine, highly disorienting when on my engi I have follow target on and suddenly the camera spins around pointing towards empty space.

Seriouly this does need to be fixed, happened 5 times in one battle yesterday.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, this is a very bad bug. I have died and had multiple people die on my team because my heal went to a mine I just launched instead of my intended target. When bugs start causing people to die, it's time for them to be fixed.