test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exeter Console and the T'Varo

teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I'm thinking of buying the Exeter, so I can use the console on my T'Varo (what's that? A cloaked vessel, shooting a cloaked vessel?), which seems a lot of fun.

But before I do, just want to check: can the Destabilised Plasma Torpedo be used with it?
Post edited by teklionbenrasha on

Comments

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm thinking of buying the Exeter, so I can use the console on my T'Varo (what's that? A cloaked vessel, shooting a cloaked vessel?), which seems a lot of fun.

But before I do, just want to check: can the Destabilised Plasma Torpedo be used with it?

I wouldn't imagine it could, besides even if it did it would be ruined. If the destabilized torp loses damage over time it would likely do little to no damage by the time it hits a target unless the mechanics for the emission torp have changed?
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Together? Unlikely.
    Think about it for a second: when we use two torpedo skills of the same level (for example HY2 and Spread2) they overwrite each other, you don't fire a high-yield superspread.:)
    Now these are two consoles that both buff torpedoes...my guess is the same will happen that happens when you use two bridge officer-based topedo buffs: the last one overwrites the previous ones.
  • azntrigboiazntrigboi Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, considering that HY or TS doesn't modify the red ball of doom, I would say not.
  • jadz3jadz3 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No the Ionized Gas Sensor console only works with normal Torpedos that can be equipped in weapons slots of a ship. A torpedo fired by a special console would not count.
  • teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh well, worth a try :)
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Red Fluffy Love Ball can be shot down, so it wouldn't have much chance as it leisurely floated after a cloaked ship.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • thesaxladthesaxlad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But surely you could use it on a normal plasma torp and then deal lots of damage from cloak with it?
    In game addy @thesaxlad invites for STF's and PUG PvP's welcome :)
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thesaxlad wrote: »
    But surely you could use it on a normal plasma torp and then deal lots of damage from cloak with it?

I don't know about lots of damage since I haven't used it since it got its buff, but it can be used with standard plasma torps.

But since they did up the damage of the console I imagine it could be good.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What about the Romulan Plasma Torpedo? Its basic attack might work?
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The problem is that cloaked ships (that aren't idiots) carry hull resist buffs, so a normal torp will do squat against them, even assuming that a lazy gas sensor torp ever gets to them (unlikely).

Unfortunately that console is worthless in PvP.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • dragon29bdragon29b Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the idea of that console but where is it usefull? I have not seen a PVE ship cloak in battle in a very very long time. Not couting ships cloaking as part of the story but those cant be distroyed anyway so whats the point? Am I missing something?