test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Joing a fleet to get a ship????

grimatomosgrimatomos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Academy
ATM i am in a tiny guild working on our starbase but to be honest only thing i really want fast is the tactical retrofit but we are miles off.

I see ppl advertising to get it ....is this posible? is there a cooldown period to join them then join back to my fleet?
Post edited by grimatomos on

Comments

• mindsharpmindsharp Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes it is possible, Ive done it myself. You just have to leave your fleet and get an invite to a fleet with the correct Ship Yard level for the ship you want. Then you can leave and be reinvited to your old fleet. Of course you make sure someone is on hand to reinvite you and promote if relevant.
    Karrock/Karreck/Darth Karrock/Unspoken
    House of Beautiful Orions
    PUNISH THE FEDs
  • grimatomosgrimatomos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is ther any sort of waiting period to join/rejoin a fleet?
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grimatomos wrote: »
    is ther any sort of waiting period to join/rejoin a fleet?

No, however be careful to have someone on hand who can invite you and is willing to rank you back as you were before. Make sure of that before anything else.
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited May 2013
    you can also get an invite to a higher level star base and use their store with your current fleets provisions and get the ship that way..

then you wouldnt have to leave your fleet.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • grimatomosgrimatomos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    does this mean Fleet energy credits I have in my current fleet I could use in another fleet?
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    you can also get an invite to a higher level star base and use their store with your current fleets provisions and get the ship that way..

then you wouldnt have to leave your fleet.

This works for equipment and everything else, but it does not work for ships. The shipyard UI always keys from your current fleet, even if you're in another fleet's starbase.
  • dl9905dl9905 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Personally, we do not allow "fleet Raiding" for acquiring Ships. Many members of our fleet have invested time and money to get it to Tier 4, pushing for tier 5. We have imposed safety guards to prevent "raiding"
  • claransaclaransa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You should be sure to let the fleet know your intentions before just buying a ship from their provisions. It's not that difficult to make arrangments to use a fleets shipyard.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Humbly speaking:

Patience is a virtue and each step taken is a step closer to the goal.

It's too much "work" to get a 10% bonus to Hull and 1 more Tac console slot. The non-Fleet version is practically just as good.

Good luck anyway :)
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mindsharp wrote: »
    Yes it is possible, Ive done it myself. You just have to leave your fleet and get an invite to a fleet with the correct Ship Yard level for the ship you want. Then you can leave and be reinvited to your old fleet. Of course you make sure someone is on hand to reinvite you and promote if relevant.

Actually, this is untrue. All you need is to be in a fleet with ship provisions, and you having store access (Tier is irrelevant; could be Tier 2 fleet even). Then all you need is a fleep map invite to, say, a Tier 5 starbase. And then... wait for it... you can buy Tier 5 ships directly from their store! Using your own fleet provisions.

It's a bit of a magical setup really, if you think about it. The upshot of it all is, you don't need to leave your current fleet at all.

And yes, this works. It's how I got my first Elite space weapons and consoles, whilst still being in a Tier 2 fleet.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Actually, this is untrue. All you need is to be in a fleet with ship provisions, and you having store access (Tier is irrelevant; could be Tier 2 fleet even). Then all you need is a fleep map invite to, say, a Tier 5 starbase. And then... wait for it... you can buy Tier 5 ships directly from their store! Using your own fleet provisions.

It's a bit of a magical setup really, if you think about it. The upshot of it all is, you don't need to leave your current fleet at all.

And yes, this works. It's how I got my first Elite space weapons and consoles, whilst still being in a Tier 2 fleet.

You are correct, for everything BUT ships... for ships you actually have to be a part of the fleet you are buying the ship from.

To the OP... someone else stated this already, but can I suggest you hold off. If you rush off to another fleet to buy a ship (at a cost (most charge)), you lose the incentive to continue contributing to the projects (since you have nothing to gain).

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....