test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulans can't wear the embassy robes?

wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I was reading in another thread that Romulans can purchase but NOT wear the fleetbase uniforms. I wasn't too bothered by the fact that they can't wear them, but I think that if they can't wear them they should also be blocked from BUYING them.

What surprised me was that apparently people are reporting that Romulans can purchase but NOT wear the Romulan senate robe. How does that happen? Feds can war a Romulan robe but Romulans can't? :confused:
Post edited by wilv on

Comments

• Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    KDF chars can also buy it but not wear it.
    It's a known issue for them, guess we now have two factions that don't get their bugs fixed.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That really doesn't make any sense. Romulans should be able to wear Romulan robes. I'm glad I saw this thread. I was just about to go purchase the Embassy Robes for my Fed-aligned Romulan.

I found out the hard way that Fed-aligned Roms can purchase, but can not wear, their Fleet's Odyssey Uniforms.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=726351

:mad:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    wong5vewong5ve Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, they can. My Romulan is wearing one. :D You have to select the Off-Duty category in the tailor to wear the Romulan Senate Robes. (Also, it is under robes) ;)
  • Options
    mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't wear the Ferengi stuff either apparently.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wong5ve wrote: »
    Actually, they can. My Romulan is wearing one. :D You have to select the Off-Duty category in the tailor to wear the Romulan Senate Robes. (Also, it is under robes) ;)

Yea, funny thing about that is that only Federation characters get to have off-duty outfits. KDF is stuck with only uniforms. Kind of stinks that you can't give your KDF characters the formal wear. I think my Orion gal would look hot in a cocktail dress.
  • Options
    wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I guess I'll have to take look myself. Would suck if I buy it and have no access to it though.
    davidwford wrote: »
    Yea, funny thing about that is that only Federation characters get to have off-duty outfits. KDF is stuck with only uniforms. Kind of stinks that you can't give your KDF characters the formal wear. I think my Orion gal would look hot in a cocktail dress.

Yea this has been bugging me. It makes no sense to me that my fed allied Romulan has access to off duty clothes but my KDF allied Romulan doesn't. Romulans are Romulans right? Choosing KDF doesn't suddenly make my Romulan into an surgically altered Klingon does it?
  • Options
    malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2013

This alone makes me suddenly want to join a fleet just to buy the robes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Federation Romulans can wear the robes no problem, but KDF Romulans...no such luck. I asked Branflakes about it a couple weeks ago and he said its not available. It sucks that my fleet ran full steam ahead to get the embassy completed only to find out that we could not use the dang things.

-Seacat
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Federation Romulans can wear the robes no problem, but KDF Romulans...no such luck. I asked Branflakes about it a couple weeks ago and he said its not available. It sucks that my fleet ran full steam ahead to get the embassy completed only to find out that we could not use the dang things.

-Seacat

Did you ask him why? It's inconsistent and illogical for the devs to allow UFP and UFP-allied Romulans to wear them and prohibit KE and KE-allied Romulans from wearing them.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    protogoth wrote: »
    Did you ask him why? It's inconsistent and illogical for the devs to allow UFP and UFP-allied Romulans to wear them and prohibit KE and KE-allied Romulans from wearing them.
    Why is likely because KDF don't have Off Duty Uniforms. Why don't KDF have ODUs? Cuz they have always been the neglected child of STO and when Feds got ODUs there weren't then (nor since) enough resources/time to make them for the KDF faction (which for some reason use an entirely different type of body/costume model (or some similar technical mumbojumbo) than Feds, so it's not a straight port-over between the two). You'll notice that KDF have fewer costume choices (and more costume bugs), too.

TL;DR: Why? Historical Neglect of the KDF Nation.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why is likely because KDF don't have Off Duty Uniforms. Why don't KDF have ODUs? Cuz they have always been the neglected child of STO and when Feds got ODUs there weren't then (nor since) enough resources/time to make them for the KDF faction (which for some reason use an entirely different type of body/costume model (or some similar technical mumbojumbo) than Feds, so it's not a straight port-over between the two). You'll notice that KDF have fewer costume choices (and more costume bugs), too.

And yet the KDF still has cooler stuff. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe Fed-Roms are the only ones eloquent enough to be elected to the Senate. And regular Klingon Empire folks aren't ever invited to attend Senate meetings, so they don't have need to wear the formal duds. Boom! Perfectly good in-game explanation
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I'm aware of this tendency (don't let the "Join Date" shown here fool you -- I did not join in May; I made my first forum post in May, although why that should affect my Join Date is one of several website-related matters which I will be taking up with the staff sometime after they're a bit less busy than they are at present), and have lamented it more than a few times in the fora here (to say nothing of in fleet chat, team chat, PMs, ...). But that is your statement of what is likely, from your perspective. What I would like to know is: did you ask Brandon? Apparently, then, the answer to my question is "No."

So, Brandon, if you're watching, care to give us a response in this and a few other threads which discuss similar matters of attire? I'll wait semi-patently for a little while before I jump up and down in front of you in some other thread where I see your active participation, screaming and waving my fists, and pointing to this and other threads about attire.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still waitin' on Klingon hairstyles actually worn on TV by a Klingon while we're at it.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Still waitin' on Klingon hairstyles actually worn on TV by a Klingon while we're at it.
    Well, now you're just being greedy!

Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Hahahahahahaha....

:P