test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BEWARE! PW Cheating Customers? (A character slot doesn't come w/ the Legacy Pack)

bludraggonbludraggon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I have been playing this game for WELL over a year now; I have purchased extra character slots and have made all four of my characters level 40 or above. When the Romulan Legacy Pack arrived, I shelled out $124.99 for it. Then, Perfect World decided to not give me the character slot that comes with it saying I already had it. Then they tried to tell me I had too many INCLUDING the new one, and that there is no record of a past purchase. I have purchased TOS packs and a bunch of other things as well. So... now I am locked in battle with a bunch of GM's who are unable or unwilling to solve this matter. If there was a way to get extra slots without paying for them, it's news to me.

Anyway, I am telling anyone who will listen that PERFECT WORLD is a dishonest company and WILL cheat players without any scruples about it at all.

----post above is bludraggon's---

Edit: The Legacy Pack does not come with a character slot. I also already replied to your concern here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10633891&postcount=130 -Brandon
Post edited by bludraggon on

Comments

• f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wait, wait,

How many slots have you bought? You might be at the cap, hence not being able to claim more.

And remember, the GMs have nothing to do with the C-Store, if you really have a problem, file a billing ticket.
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    did you at one point have a gold membership (even if for 1 month) that you don't have anymore?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The thing is, a extra character slot was never a part of the 'Legacy' Pack. There was a Romulan slot associated with the release of Season 8, which was given to everyone, regardless if they were 'Gold' or 'Silver' status, or purchased the 'Legacy' pack or not, but if you transitioned from 'Gold' to 'Silver' status without giving up a character slot, then you owed Cryptic/PWE a empty slot, which is probably where your free Romulan slot went to...
  • x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Without account detials its impossible to say who is right and who is wrong legacy pack does not give a free slot, the release gave EVERYONE a free slot if you have leveled a character after the release of romulans and your a gold subscriber then you have indeed already claimed your slot.
  • bludraggonbludraggon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was told by two different GM's that the Legacy Pack DOES come with a character slot. And yes, at one time I was a gold subscriber...

So, if it DOESN'T come with a new slot, then I have been fighting for something that doesn't exist due to a couple of support folks who don't have a clue?

Wonderful. And the quality continues...

And thank you Brandon- had this been explained in this exact manner the first time support responded, it would have saved a whole lotta BS.

I'm closing the tickets...
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can find no mention of a Character Slot:

http://sto.perfectworld.com/legacypack

You may be confusing that the LoR upgrade granted a new slot to all players, but if you are at the limit of 3 as a silver (1 Fed, 1 KDF and 1 Rom in theory) then you will not get another untill you've purchased more.

I don't see how this can be considered cheating customers, as it is already well documented.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • bludraggonbludraggon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anazonda wrote: »

You may be confusing that the LoR upgrade granted a new slot to all players, but if you are at the limit of 3 as a silver (1 Fed, 1 KDF and 1 Rom in theory) then you will not get another untill you've purchased more.

I don't see how this can be considered cheating customers, as it is already well documented.

Here is a copy/paste of one of the responses I received. You can plainly see how I was confused by the support responder, leading me to believe I had been cheated:

"Response Support Staff TK 421 via Email 05/28/2013 12:01 PM
    Hello

Yes, Legacy of Romulus does come with an additional character slot for all players. We have double checked your account, and you have the correct amount of available character slots. We hope this answers your questions.

Perfect World Support
    Check out our latest game, Neverwinter!"
  • ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anazonda wrote: »

This.

OP, a character slot does not come with the Legacy Pack. A character slot was included with the expansion. This may be why you are confused.

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bludraggon wrote: »
    Here is a copy/paste of one of the responses I received. You can plainly see how I was confused by the support responder, leading me to believe I had been cheated:

Hello

Yes, Legacy of Romulus does come with an additional character slot for all players. We have double checked your account, and you have the correct amount of available character slots. We hope this answers your questions.

Perfect World Support

Legacy of Romulus is completely different from Legacy Pack.
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wouldn't trust a guy named TK 421, last I heard he wasn't at his post. Hopefully you got it all resolved. The Legacy Pack did not come with a toon slot.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
    edited June 2013
    bludraggon wrote: »

Hello

Perfect World Support

Here is the keyword... "LEGACY OF ROMULUS"... NOT Legacy Pack... That is what you are not getting.

If you were a gold, and stopped paying subs, hence becoming silver, you would have potentially have had more chars than your account permitted.

Now instead of disabeling them, they let you keep your chars.

ANY silver member who has not purchased additional slots will only have a base number of 3 slots at their disposal after LoR was released.

Just because you had 3 chars already dosent magically entitle you to a 4'th slot. Untill you buy more slots, you are stuck with that, because you HAVE been granted another free slot... You just can't see it, because you have already used the slots.

Also, posting private correspondence is against ToS.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • delph1sdelph1s Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If he purchased extra slots, I assume 2, then he would have 4 active slots, surely he would get a fifth?
  • bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    delph1s wrote: »
    If he purchased extra slots, I assume 2, then he would have 4 active slots, surely he would get a fifth?
    Nope. The extra slot is only for Silvers who have not purchased more slots from the C-Store. The extra slot was just so Silver players didn't have to give up their Fed or KDF character just to try out a Romulan, since they only had two slots to play with.

The short version: if you were a Silver with only two slots, you got a third unlocked for free. If you are a Gold member OR bought additional slots from the C-Store, you do not get another one free.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Active golds got the slot (His name is Sallen he is a romulan science officer)
    Live long and Prosper
    edited June 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    Active golds got the slot (His name is Sallen he is a romulan science officer)
    No, what you've probably got is a Veteran reward. Certain Gold sub milestones give you free character slots.

EDIT: Looks like the 300 day & 700 day subscriptions each get a slot. Veteran Rewards
    ____
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited June 2013

The short version: if you were a Silver with only two slots, you got a third unlocked for free. If you are a Gold member OR bought additional slots from the C-Store, you do not get another one free.

This is not correct. Everyone, EVERYONE got an extra slot with Legacy of Romulus. the problem is many people don't understand what they are.

If you have a lapsed subscription, you are not gold, you are silver. The fact that you had 3 slots at one time doesn't change the matrix. once you go back to silver, your free slot allotment is based on silver status. If you didn't use the slot when you where gold, when the gold lapsed, you would lose it.

Matrix before Legacy of Romulus

Silver = 2 slots (1 fed, 1 klingon)
    Gold = 3 slots (1 fed, 1 klingon, 1 free)
    Lifer = 5 slots (1 fed, 1 klingon, 3 free)

Matrix after Legacy of Romulus

Silver = 3 slots
    Gold = 4 Slots
    Lifer = 6 slots

These are above any slots you may have bought from the C-store, but remember buying slots doesn't effect your base slot allotment. If you were Gold, then bought 2 character slots, then went back to silver prior to Legacy launching. You would have 2 free slots, plus the two slots bought in the C-store.

So if you had 3 characters before Legacy of Romulus hit (based on being gold at some point). When legacy of Romulus hit, you would have 4 character slots, and only one of them would be open.
    edited June 2013
    Maybe I'm misremembering then, but I thought Golds already got 4 when the game changed to F2P.
    ____
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe I'm misremembering then, but I thought Golds already got 4 when the game changed to F2P.

Nope. I came after the F2P change over and that is what the matrix was. 3 for Gold, now 4.
    edited June 2013
    Scenario as follows:

Player is Gold, and has 3 slots and all in use.
    Players now converts to silver, (still has 3 slots in use), but by definition is only eligible for 2 (silver standard)
    LoR goes live, and all gets another slot
    Since Player who was gold has already filled 3 slots, they do not get another since he already has his 3 slot, that he ONLY had because i used them before going silver.

It's really, rellay simple to understand, and has been spelled out by the dev's before LoR went live.
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is also noted on the F2P / Features FAQ Page
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/freetoplay/freetoplay-faq
    Q: If I decide to downgrade from Gold to Silver, what happens to all my stuff?

Characters will remain when switching from Gold to Silver. However, not all features that character had during Gold membership may be available to Silver players. Please note that we never delete character data. If a Gold Member cancels his or her subscription and decides to restart it at a later date, all of that Member's characters and associated items will be intact.

Personally, i bought lifetime as a birthday gift to myself when i discovered i would play this game for a long time, around a year ago, and had some additions to the game too ...

When LoR was launched, i had to wait untill i got my "free" romulan slot to start playing with them, but since i have done tribble testing as well, i personally was just annoyed with it.

And as the others have said as well, gold perks are lost when u downgrade to silver, but they let you keep the stuff that defines your character when you do, it seems like a fair system, as they let you keep the charactters you have made, as well as the bank/ship/inv slots. ....

There are games out there that will take those "perks" away from you when u drop the sub.
  • lucuticlucutic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well I think for what I spent on lifetime they could send me a sto info book with specs rules everything there is to know at that point for sto so these things r clear I lost allot of zen buying stuff i could not get when i started like bank slots inventory an it takes the zen 4 it an gives u nothing back.I really think as much cash is spent on this game there would be a book an allot better help from devs when you ask.I put a ticket in on something month later I get answer with a open ended statement witch could mean any thing.I have spent x000 amount of dollars on this game way 2 much there should be more help for pay 2 play people Thanks for reading Fire