test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cannot Respec with EC?

kologa1990kologa1990 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Academy
I find it hard to believe the only way to respec your character is to spend 5$. Is that legit? There is no in game way to respec you skills?
Post edited by kologa1990 on

Comments

• Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You get free respecs at each rank up if you're a gold member or LTS
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kologa1990 wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe the only way to respec your character is to spend 5$. Is that legit? There is no in game way to respec you skills?

Since you can purchase Zen with Dilithium on the Dilithium Exchange, you can still use in-game resources to purchase a Respec token off of the C-Store
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    That is very true but I feel like the effort put in to get that item would be better spent else where haha. I guess I will just stick to what I assume is probably a ****ty job at assigning my skills haha.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That is very true but I feel like the effort put in to get that item would be better spent else where haha. I guess I will just stick to what I assume is probably a ****ty job at assigning my skills haha.
    Respec was never intended to be a easy or routine operation... If you know what you're doing, a Respec shouldn't even be necessary. If you don't know what you're doing, a little research and 1 Respec should correct the issue...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have been leveling this character since probably ummm last year. Been playing this game on and off. I had no respec tokens while leveling. I realize it is not something you want everyone doing but to use Zen versus EC I believe is just greedy. Hell even straight Dilithium. There should be no need to do any conversions.

Me wanting to change my skills once after hitting 50 and finally getting into the game is hardly me saying it should be made easy or routine -_-
  • Options
    ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been leveling this character since probably ummm last year. Been playing this game on and off. I had no respec tokens while leveling. I realize it is not something you want everyone doing but to use Zen versus EC I believe is just greedy. Hell even straight Dilithium. There should be no need to do any conversions.

Me wanting to change my skills once after hitting 50 and finally getting into the game is hardly me saying it should be made easy or routine -_-

You do realize you've been playing for free and now you want more free things?

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
  • Options
    khanstruewrathkhanstruewrath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    as a ftp you have 3 options, sub and get free respecs, pay for one time respec with cash, pay for one time respec with dilithium.

no ones twisting your arm, theyre just encouraging you to give them some money for playing their game.
    Romulus burned, untold billions died.
    It's the Tal'shiars doing, Sela lied.
    Vengeance is born, with eternal scorn.
    New Romulus rises.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    most other mmo's dont have free respecs either.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You do realize you've been playing for free and now you want more free things?

Not true I fully expect to pay for it. However it should not be a 7 day event of refining the dil cap to purchase one at current rates.
    as a ftp you have 3 options, sub and get free respecs, pay for one time respec with cash, pay for one time respec with dilithium.

no ones twisting your arm, theyre just encouraging you to give them some money for playing their game.

I have spent plenty of money on this game over the past almost year. I refuse to spend 5 bucks on a skill change when it should be avail with in game currency, not days of capping on your dil. Granted I won't be the one to pay when it comes to groups. Based on my play time last night however it seems as thou my skills are correctly distributed for my powers anyway.
    most other mmo's dont have free respecs either.

I can not think of any MMO that lets your respec for free. However they do not require the f2p currency to allow it. You use in game currency. There is no way 5$ is acceptable or a week of capping dil is acceptable for something you are probably going to do a few times max. EC or straight dil should be used not Zen.