test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Canceling if you made a mistake

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
Nice call Cryptic to give a cancel button but you never said you would lose all Dillitium and other parts allready bought in the project !!!
If I knew this before I wouldn't have canceled it, now I did lost over 180 Thousend Dill and other stuff plus omega marks and romie marks aswell, Next time make a warning sign or something that you will losse everything if you cancel the project.

If I was a american I would sue you for this hahaha, just kidding but for those who want to cancel you will lose everything you allready put into it.....
So think before acting !!!

Greets
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
Post edited by grazyc2#7847 on

Comments

• Options
    packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When you click the cancel project button the pop up asking you to confirm this actually tells you that you will not the items you put into the project back
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    Nice call Cryptic to give a cancel button but you never said you would lose all Dillitium and other parts allready bought in the project !!!
    If I knew this before I wouldn't have canceled it, now I did lost over 180 Thousend Dill and other stuff plus omega marks and romie marks aswell, Next time make a warning sign or something that you will losse everything if you cancel the project.

If I was a american I would sue you for this hahaha, just kidding but for those who want to cancel you will lose everything you allready put into it.....

Greets

Really, the one time I used the 'Cancel' on a Rep project; I got a small 'confirm' window where it was stated any items already contributed would be lost, and not returned.
    ^^
    So, in my experience; they do give a warning (of course if you click too fast and don't read it...)

(Personally, I don't think it should work that way for Rep projects as it doesn't for Doff projects; and while I understand why they can't do it for canceling Fleet projects - the Rep system is more like the Doff system where only that particular character is donating.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They just should refund it, o yeah I forget they won't refund ingame......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    alexrichardsalexrichards Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, to be blunt, you need to learn to read tooltips/pop ups and not just click ok. As someone else said, it clearly states you will lose what you put in.

I cancelled a project earlier for a better project knowing full well what would happen. it was a case of weighing up the loss vs the gain.

I am a little perplexed as to how you lost 180K dilithium this way - did you cancel a starbase upgrade or something?
    Admiral Alex 'Grumpy Cat' Richards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What you looking @ Admiral?"
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kirk2390 wrote: »

Greets

Nice call. You clicked 'OK' without reading the tool tip and now are blaming someone else.

The cancel option is if you make a split second mistake, not if you go ahead and commit resources and then change your mind.

Your own words...
  • Options
    emeraldagenda12emeraldagenda12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You should totally file a lawsuit. I heard that ALWAYS works.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, think before acting, like when raging on the forums.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi,

This thread has now most definitely run its course, and isn?t providing any civilized discussion, so due to this as well as the nature of the original post/high number of flaming/trolling posts and/or reported posts in this thread, I'm closing this thread down.

1. For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

2. If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.

3. If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Cheers, :)

syberghost
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
This discussion has been closed.