test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Bug] Dilithium Store: Can't buy special items although I own the ship *Resolved!*

d3nzarkd3nzark Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Just wondering about the Advanced Jem'Hadar Attack Ship Carrier fighters.... they seem to be no longer available, and I thought that they were making them available to people with the carrier with out the need of the JHAS
Post edited by d3nzark on

Comments

• superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    d3nzark wrote: »
    Just wondering about the Advanced Jem'Hadar Attack Ship Carrier fighters.... they seem to be no longer available, and I thought that they were making them available to people with the carrier with out the need of the JHAS

This has been posted by at least 4 different people, Including me on day one of the patch.

Secondly. I, nor anyone else I know of have heard anything about them being modified not to need the JHAS. As much as I'd like to believe that is what they were doing with it I'm not getting my hopes up that I'll be able to buy the bug-pets for my dread until I hear anything official. I've heard plenty of crying complaints that "It's not fair" but sadly, nothing concrete that it was going to happen.
  • iejirkanzakiiejirkanzaki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice to, at least, have someone recognize the issue, or if it is intended, add it to the patch notes so we may stop wondering.

If they do indeed remove the attack ship requirement on the hangars, then I wish I had known about that before I went through the trouble of acquiring one.

It should probably be said, there seem to be a lot of issue, mail not working properly is likely the most noticed, but I also hear people claiming they need to pay zen for costume change (forgot if it is ship or character) and many others.

I would very much like to see a dev list of all the bugs they are aware of, at least for this issue with none of the Jem'Hadar hangars being available, it doesn't seem to be a pressing matter, but knowing if it is a bug or an intended feature, that is, at least for me, a concern I'd like to put to rest.
    "I said to Life, 'I would hear Death speak.' And Life raised her voice a little higher and said, 'You hear him now.'" -Kahlil Gibran
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a bug that we've fixed internally, but it hasn't made it to Holodeck quite yet. Sorry for the inconvenience - rest assured that you'll be able to acquire your JHAS fighter pets in the near future. :)
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a bug that we've fixed internally, but it hasn't made it to Holodeck quite yet. Sorry for the inconvenience - rest assured that you'll be able to acquire your JHAS fighter pets in the near future. :)

Out of curiousity, will the JHAS hangar units be available with the old prerequisites, or just with the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier only?
    XzRTofz.gif
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    d3nzark wrote: »

No requirements on them are changing - the store just needs to be showing them again.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
    edited May 2013
    Sweet, thanks a lot of taking the time to answer, I know it cannot be easy to find the time.

I'm also quite pleased with the answer itself, I hope you have an easy time working out the kinks that have snuck into game.
    "I said to Life, 'I would hear Death speak.' And Life raised her voice a little higher and said, 'You hear him now.'" -Kahlil Gibran
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Edit: To be a bit more politically correct I am editing this. So anyways I've had many numerous problems like this and most recent was actually my bird of prey pets vanished but with my past experiences its usually a response like tough luck heh.
  • superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sweet, thanks a lot of taking the time to answer, I know it cannot be easy to find the time.

I'm also quite pleased with the answer itself, I hope you have an easy time working out the kinks that have snuck into game.

I have to admit, I'm surprised to get such a definite and official answer myself.

Sadly that means I'm going to have to carry on my Quest for the most expensive carrier pets in game. Seems a waste to effectively mothball the JHAS just because I like my dread more. At least it'll be in the "Collectors garage" instead of some stick-mitt kid that pops it every time they leave spacedock!
  • d3nzarkd3nzark Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the quick reply
  • mersh21mersh21 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK, before anyone gets smart assed, YES I have the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought, YES I have the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship, which I finnallly just got.

So I go to the shipyard on ESD and even DS9, no JHAS hangar pets, look in the dilithium store? No JHAS hangar pets. Confirmed with several people that it wasnt me not finding them and that they are indeed not there.

So does anyone know where they went, why they are gone, are they coming back etc etc.
  • mersh21mersh21 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks i searched, and these didnt show up
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They disappeared out of the dillithium store. What happened ?
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Learn to use the search function, it's barely even made it to page 3

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=716741
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe if the search would work at intended I wouldn't have to post and yeah i don't go through every freaking forum myself to look for a topic.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • tiggychantiggychan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ticket ID #1,719,324

Own both Jem'hadar Ships that are required to purchase any Jem'hadar pets such as Jem'hadar Attack Ship and Jem'hadar Fighters. Both versions are missing from the appropriate store (regular in EC Store, and Advanced version in Dilithium Store)
    edited May 2013
    I'm reluctant to admit this, but I am getting slightly impatient, especially considering:

If they already have a fix that only needs to be applied, then what is the hold up?
    It also begs the question, do they have fixes for other bugs, which also just need applying?

Of course I know my impatience won't make these fixes appear any sooner, but it does make me feel better, if only slightly, to voice it.

It's rather frustrating how it has been ten days, and so very few fixes, though good job on the server stability, that at least seems to be handled quite well.

Consider this though: maybe the lack of lag, is due to lack of people playing, due to lack of bug fixes, voil?; the bugs are intentional!
    I kid of course.

Anyway, restore the Jem'Hadar hangars to stores already. :(
  • mtgraves83mtgraves83 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm reluctant to admit this, but I am getting slightly impatient, especially considering:

If they already have a fix that only needs to be applied, then what is the hold up?
    It also begs the question, do they have fixes for other bugs, which also just need applying?

Of course I know my impatience won't make these fixes appear any sooner, but it does make me feel better, if only slightly, to voice it.

It's rather frustrating how it has been ten days, and so very few fixes, though good job on the server stability, that at least seems to be handled quite well.

Consider this though: maybe the lack of lag, is due to lack of people playing, due to lack of bug fixes, voil?; the bugs are intentional!
    I kid of course.

Anyway, restore the Jem'Hadar hangars to stores already. :(

I would have to agree. Its taken me months to get the Attack Ship just to get the Hangar pet. I'm to am feeling impatient. It's been over a week and there have been several patches now. If it was fixed could you not have added to one of those patches. I guess the real issue is, if its not that easy, let us know. Communication... So that way people aren't wondering which leads to becoming for lack of a better word Bitchy about it. We'll understand we just like to know whats up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor not an escalator!!!

www.101stsovereignfleet.yolasite.com
  • rebelliouswonrebelliouswon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    just how many patches does it take for an "internal fix" to go live?
  • mtgraves83mtgraves83 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Well according to someone raging about Whiny people. Theres only been 4 patches. The server patch doesn't count evern though we've patched it severial different times, its the same patch just updated, or at least thats how they made it sound. Updated patches are still new patches are they not?... Either way, none of the recent patches were quote "Geared towards bug fixes. All server patches." at least not since the first patch since the release of LoR. According to the Rage'R it was anounced in ask cryptic that there would be one big bug patch coming soon... I have not yet personally read it, so don't take my word for it, but if they did mention it. Everything will get fixed, even though all us whiny people know the bug will get fixed we just wanted to know when.

Hope this helps anyone who reads this. The Hangar issue will most likely be fixed then. So keep whinning.

Sorry I love trolling rageRs... I know its not nice, but neither are they...:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor not an escalator!!!

www.101stsovereignfleet.yolasite.com
  • mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I stand by this question!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • tatsirolltatsiroll Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When is this bug going to be fixed? Come on, do you know how much money some of us spent for the dread carrier and attack ship? We want our hangars.
    edited June 2013
    They finally released a patch aimed at fixing bugs, but still no Jem'Hadar hangars anywhere, that's quite disappointing.

After waiting almost three weeks, I had hoped the lack of mention of this in the patch notes was just an oversight, but regretfully it was not mentioned, because indeed, it was not fixed.

If, as previously claimed, the issue has already been fixed internally, I'd originally never have expected it to take this long.

In the end though, what can you do? Nothing to do, but wait it out.
  • mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How hard could this possibly be to fix promptly -.-?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • b4k4nib4k4ni Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Honestly, it's starting to TRIBBLE me off.

After playing wow almost since the beginning and other mmo (ragnarok anyone) before, I KNOW how buggy a new xpac can be.

But really, I _NEVER_ encountered a xpac broken as much as in sto. This xpac was FAR from finished and should have started a month later with proper testing and fixing. I mean, look at the bug compilation - IT ALMOST TAKES THE WHOLE DARN FIRST PAGE OF THE THREAD. And we talk about bugs, not wanted features!

With the start of lor I was finally able to buy my jem dread for 800 lobi, with mkxii set and I got the bugship. Now I can't buy the pets since ... 3+ weeks?

And here the mods/gm/whateverflakesis tells us, it's already ingame on the devserver, easy fix, will come with the next patch?

Not only is the communication with the community horrible (they should at least do a sticky bug list in the forums with a small info "fixed" "worked on next" "in queue") and tell us more about the problems etc. and what they do behind the scenes. At least THEN I would know when to expect the patches. Not to mention they really need work with their internal qualiy management. Cert with ISO 9001:2008 could be a good start ...

Well, enough, otherwise I really start to rage :P
  • dreadscythe13dreadscythe13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree, i spent alot of time to get the Dreadnought and almost 400 million energy credits just to get the attack ship just so i can get my hangar pets. Now only to find out that i cant even touch th stupid thing because they cant fix one little glitch.
  • lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    other question i have today one of the bug pets equiped the other stay in bank after the Mission was finished i get a System info that i have sold one pet from the bank for 2000EC?

anyone have the same Problem, the other question if i remove the pet now from the Hangar bay the other pet will be also sold?:rolleyes:
  • thetarqthetarq Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Several patches later and we STILL don't have a fix!

Supposedly this has been fixed internally but still hasn't gone live.

Unacceptable. It took me a very long time to get a JHAS and even longer to get my second one. How am I supposed to play my alt without these pets!

Un-freaking-fair. What's the point of being space-rich if I can't reap the benefits.
    -= ROM PAUL =-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • faxmachinefaxmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thetarq wrote: »

Unacceptable. It took me a very long time to get a JHAS and even longer to get my second one. How am I supposed to play my alt without these pets!

Un-freaking-fair. What's the point of being space-rich if I can't reap the benefits.

Oh, I'm sure it's working as intended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    thetarq wrote: »

If you log on to tribble, you should see the issue has been fixed.
    The tribble patch won't reach holodeck this week, but maybe next week.
    Oh, I'm sure it's working as intended.

No, on holodeck it very much isn't. Jem'Hadar hangars (fighters and attack ships both) aren't intended to be unpurchasable.

thetarq was referring to this:

Edit: Deleted a paragraph of my confusion, due to not reading thetarq's post properly.
This discussion has been closed.