test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Give Us Rep Mark Boxes In C-store

qwikstrykeqwikstryke Member Posts: 30 Arc User
if this is already suggested sorry...

please cryptic take my money and put Rep Marks Boxes in the c-store, like these ones u have as rewards..[Mark Package - Multiple Choice]

as a player who has 5 toons already T5 Rep in Rommie & Omega and now working them all through the Nuka Rep i would love the option to be able to buy these boxes in the c-store, something like 100-200 zen for 100 Rep Marks....i and am sure many others would pay for Rep Marks at this stage..lol

Dont get me wrong i dont mind the grind that much but with 3 more toons that are currently going through all 3 Reps i have not had time to even level up my rommie yet (and then he got to go through the Rep..lol). let me alleviate the pain of the grind a bit for the price of a couple of quid...

in the long run there needs to be away to allow the player base the option of less grind for future toons that they plan to make..... and more money in the Cryptic coffers is a win win for all....

so post away if u support this idea or if someone knows how we go about getting this seen and implemented by the Devs....or if this has already been discussed and getting done then,....Cheers
Post edited by qwikstryke on

Comments

• Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Id pay for this .Its NOT fun to grind every day the same thing for 5 toons (3 feds tac ,sci and engi...1 romulan and 1 kdf) ....its not fun.There should be a way to work around this ,buy from other people ,buy from exchange/dilithium store /c store/wall mart....any other thing than grind.I want to use my time in game in pvp not in azure nebula.
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Another thing i'd like to see is the ability to turn in access omega, nukara and romulan marks and trade them for a the marks you require.
    I'd be happy to trade 150 omega marks for only 50 nukara marks or vice versa. Grinding 3 different reputation systems is real time consuming. Esp when Nukara is such a small payout of marks for the missions you do. At present hit tier 2 and can;t be bothered to grind any further on that system
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No.

Cryptic gaining money directly from marks makes them automatically disinclined to create a scenario where you want to buy marks.
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if they keep it 1Zen= 1 Mark, im in.

BUT ONLY FOR ACCOUNTS WHERE AT LEAST ONE TOON has the reputation lvled out.
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No.

Cryptic gaining money directly from marks makes them automatically disinclined to create a scenario where you want to buy marks.

Making me grind every 20 hours wont me me like cryptic.
    If you say no you should come grind for my toons every 20 hours.
  • Options
    glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After the fiasco that is pay for rep in Perfect World International, I never thought I would be agreeing with this but at this point I do. ANYTHING to avoid having to continuously repeat these same missions when I could be PvPing or playing foundry missions instead.

+1
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    Making me grind every 20 hours wont me me like cryptic.
    If you say no you should come grind for my toons every 20 hours.

That's precisely my point. If Cryptic has an incentive to keep the mark situation ridiculous (in that they make money off of it directly) why would they ever improve it?
  • Options
    molaighmolaigh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No.

Reputation is meant to provide bonuses to you in exchange for time and effort spent. If you don't want to do the work, then don't. Yes, the various methods for grinding rep should be improved, but just giving unit away for real cash is not the answer.

And no, I will not grind your characters for you. If it's not worth the effort to you, don't do it. I believe it is worth it and will grind it where I need it.
  • Options
    longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited June 2013
    molaigh wrote: »
    No.

Reputation is meant to provide bonuses to you in exchange for time and effort spent. If you don't want to do the work, then don't. Yes, the various methods for grinding rep should be improved, but just giving unit away for real cash is not the answer.

And no, I will not grind your characters for you. If it's not worth the effort to you, don't do it. I believe it is worth it and will grind it where I need it.

I absolutely agree to this.

Must really be everything in the store? Paying that you don't have to play that much of the supposedly not fun content anymore, that is going too far, IMO.
  • Options
    dunnlangdunnlang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As much as I dislike grind, I dislike the choice between grind and cash even more. There will be no real incentive for Cryptic to optimize the fun of the Reputation system. To make the grind more fun could potentially cost them money.

I would rather see Cryptic focus on improving the fun of the game, than building a not fun game that you can pay to ease the pain.
    [SIGPIC]Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes? Read my posts below.[/SIGPIC]
    Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
    Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
    Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
    Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
  • Options
    penclrtistpenclrtist Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They already did it, sort of. :) Those [Tal Shair Command Code]... doff missions that give marks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    arcangelslayarcangelslay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lots of things are purchasable but seriously marks!

I don't play allot but when I do and I get my marks to forward my rep its worth something! You would be destroying an almost nicely balanced game mechanic.

And pay to win would have definitely taken over and gone way too far. Overnight new players could practically buy themselves a host of passive bonuses and the top level gear! This is currently partially restricted due to separate marks and dil systems!

Why not just melt all currencies into zen?! Because its not fun!
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »

This right here.
  • Options
    cptshephardcptshephard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A discount would be nice. If you already have it fully unlocked on one character the projects on the next character are cheaper in cost. Maybe it stacks to a point; if you have three characters that have completed the grind then the project costs are 75% less for every character thereafter.
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »
    if they keep it 1Zen= 1 Mark, im in.

This might work, but I'm not expecting it will happen.
  • Options
    sethketasethketa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let us imagine for a second that you must grind for reputation in Star Trek Online. A foreign concept, I know! But, let us just imagine that it takes hours upon grueling hours of running the same content just to progress a little.

Now let us imagine a world where Cryptic offers the ability to avoid these grueling hours of running their old content, and simply allow us to purchase reputation directly. What possible outcome could this have?

Well, now that Cryptic and Perfect World Entertainment are offering you reputation through their cash shop, they want you to purchase it! But what about all those players who are willing to put up with the grind? Well, PWE cannot have that! They'll have to make the grind nearly impossible to work with, to give you proper incentive to purchase marks!

Say NO to cash shop items that will ruin the experience even more for Free-To-Play players, and ex-Gold members!
  • Options
    qwikstrykeqwikstryke Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    there some good ideas from some of the posts iv read... but not a ton of love for the straight out purchase of rep for zen, im cool with doing the grind and will continue on with it, but there got to be a way of easing the work load and future load eveytime u want to roll a new toon.....as iv said there are one/two nice ideas in here and will update the OP 2moro with some more options, for now....

how about a Rep Mark Boost Token....they already have a Exp Skill Boost and CXP Boost Token in the C-store that u can purchase for cash... +20% skill/cxp boost till X amoint earned

at this point in time id be happy with one of these for Rep.....+20% Rep Mark boost till X amount earned....

will update OP later but anyone see a problem with a Rep Mark Boost Token?