test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Banned me after taking my money.

radmrhawkeradmrhawke Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I don't know how many others out there have experienced the same thing, but STO is a joke.

I paid my money in good faith. I go to buying stuff and their web site is experiencing problems. When I put in a ticket, days go by without a response. Finally, I gave them 2 warnings that if I didn't get what I paid for, I would go back to paypal and put in a complaint to get my money back.

When I did get a response, they blamed me saying it was my computer and how I had to clear caches and so on. I guess these people are used to giving stupid responses. Since I tried to use their web site and got the same problems on THREE different computers using THREE different browsers, it certainly wasn't on my end.

I got tired of waiting for yet another excuse. I started the complaint process last night. No sooner had I did that, MY ACCOUNT WAS BANNED. Talk about adding insult to injury.

So, to those out there, a warning. STO is not interested in you, JUST YOUR MONEY. Its a good thing I have a dozen other games on my system that I paid good money for. The nice thing is I will get my money back whether these jerks like it or not.

=====post above is from radmrhawke====

EDIT: Hi there! I am sorry to hear this happened. Per your post above, the ban is the result of a chargeback, and remains until there is a resolution with our Billing Team. Here are a couple support articles about this issue: 1) https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1500/kw/chargeback 2) https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1396/~/%28billing%29-chargeback

You can reach out to our billing team at http://support.perfectworld.com ('Contact Us' tab, 'Billing' for the category drop down). If you are not able to reach the support site, please email directly to customerservice@perfectworld.com and put "billing" in the subject line and as many details in the message as possible. Filing a ticket is always the preferred method to contact us as you can ensure your ticket is in the right queue via the category dropdown.

Once you send in a ticket, please send me a forum PM with the ticket number and I will ensure it is in the right queue :) That's the most I can do as I do not work on tickets.

-Brandon

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cryptic has a no refunds policy on digital buying of stuff like this, so you can take your money if you want but you broke the rule and have to pay the price. i dont see the problem.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    iggygreeniggygreen Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    agreed that is basically standard policy, your are contesting a payment to them so they will ban the account
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    indeed, when i bought lts the other week i had no idea how much it would cost with VAT until i bought it believing i would have another screen come with with all the other bits of info and a confirmation button. but i knew that i made that mistake in that grey area, honestly a bit confused but not overly so that i forgot this no refunds policy when i read the tos a few minutes before the buy at the time. so far i dont regret the purchase despite the confusion.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I still do not get this rule. They have his money, and they did not give him the item he paid for.
    He followed procedure, and he got the brush off from their horrible support.

What should he have done, let them have the money for nothing?
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited June 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    I still do not get this rule. They have his money, and they did not give him the item he paid for.

he could of chased it up with phone support, email support, hell even march down to cryptic offices in california and got it solved personally. if i was in that position i would do this, esp. knowing how much it would cost to take a flight there and back.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not see an issue either... you seem to be a bit entitled... right now everyone is having issues in varying degrees... I fail to see how your issue is more important than anyone else's.

But, you believe, since they did not address your particular issue, in the time frame that you feel is appropriate you should be able to get your money back, regardless of whatever terms you bought the items under (i.e. no refunds). Then deciding you don't like that answer, you take it a step further and complain to PayPal... hoping to get your money back? or perhaps hurt their ability to use PayPal as a means of collecting funds?

I would've banned you myself. Sorry, but get in line with the rest.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    rathelmrathelm Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pretty much all the online game companies do this. A bunch of people complained about the same thing when SimCity 5 came out. A charge back bans your Origin account. This is nothing new.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »

He didn't say he didn't get what he paid for... If that is the case, then my response changes... but I don't believe that is the issue here... he bought something, and while it is available to him in game, the game is having issues right now...

=====post above is from johnny111971====

EDIT: Please see my edit in the OP. -Brandon

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
This discussion has been closed.