test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't buy Lifetime membership. WUWT?

dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Academy
So , I'm trying to give Cryptic some money for the LT sale and all I get is the message, "Error updating subscription" with an option to upgrade to Gold only. Has anyone else had this problem? Do I have to get Gold first?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hexwrenchhexwrench Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You don't need to be Gold before buying the LTA. I bought it yesterday without any problems, my account was directly upgraded to LTA.
    Maybe the payment couldn't be processed? Try another payment option.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Under the Manage Subscriptions box there's only,

Star Trek Online
    Upgrade to Gold

or

Champions Online
    Upgrade to Gold

No option for LTS.

I could transfer money to PayPal(though there's no guarantee of that working), but that takes 5 days to clear. Besides, I've had this credit card on record with them a while, and have been using it to buy zen.

I found one other thread on this same exact problem from a year ago, bu there was no solution given there. I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem.
  • angel732angel732 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought the lifetime a few hours ago with no problems. Paid with paypal.

Maybe wait until tomorrow, log out & in, and try again?
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Under the Manage Subscriptions box there's only,

Star Trek Online
    Upgrade to Gold

or

Champions Online
    Upgrade to Gold

No option for LTS.

Thats because the Lifetime Subscription purchase is done here...

http://sto.perfectworld.com/lifetime
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats because the Lifetime Subscription purchase is done here...

http://sto.perfectworld.com/lifetime

I did that, but it's how I got to my original problem of the error and the gold and champions only options.

Well, I tried with Paypal, and it worked. No problem.

FYI, to people with this problem in the future. Only Paypal works. :/

Now, I'm off to enjoy my new membership! ...Oh, the server's down...
  • hexwrenchhexwrench Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Credit card works too. When I bought the LTA yesterday I used my CC, not PayPal.
  • thedevilsbrigadethedevilsbrigade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone know a solution to get this to work? I've had the error updating subscription when trying to purchase the lifetime option on 3 different credit cards which are all in good order and have more than enough available.
  • thedevilsbrigadethedevilsbrigade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok we discovered the problem. It attempts to charge to the Netherlands so the credit card companies were automatically denying the charge as a security method. Once we called and verified it was legitimate it worked correctly.
  • kirithykirithy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    few question how is this game compared to world of war craft? is it really worth investing into this game. from what i seen you got to pay for the keys to unlock certian boxes what is that. I play world of war craft for about 15.00 a month everything is free once you sign up for membership. i may be getting the wrong impreesion of this game howevr it looks like to me it is all about the money pay for everything as you go. exend this fopr that much exted for this much oh you got to pay for that and this. seems like it can wind up being very costly at the end. I may be all wrong about it. can you tell me more about the gameing i like to keep an open mind. is this game really worth it to play meaning is it more of a pitch a penny game every time you turn around you got to keep adding money. The game sounds like fun but will it make me broke at the end what i pay on wow. is to me worth it. and i would like to think this game would be worth it as well. I am a big fan of startrek I watched every startrek voyager and deep space nine and the next generation plus all the older startrek. the shows were great. I sure hope the game is too.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirithy wrote: »
    few question how is this game compared to world of war craft? is it really worth investing into this game. from what i seen you got to pay for the keys to unlock certian boxes what is that. I play world of war craft for about 15.00 a month everything is free once you sign up for membership. i may be getting the wrong impreesion of this game howevr it looks like to me it is all about the money pay for everything as you go. exend this fopr that much exted for this much oh you got to pay for that and this. seems like it can wind up being very costly at the end. I may be all wrong about it. can you tell me more about the gameing i like to keep an open mind. is this game really worth it to play meaning is it more of a pitch a penny game every time you turn around you got to keep adding money. The game sounds like fun but will it make me broke at the end what i pay on wow. is to me worth it. and i would like to think this game would be worth it as well. I am a big fan of startrek I watched every startrek voyager and deep space nine and the next generation plus all the older startrek. the shows were great. I sure hope the game is too.
    First, you need to keep your WoW costs in perspective. Yes, you pay $15.00 a month for WoW but then you need to spend more money on the various Expansions - STO's are always free. So if you've been playing WoW for a year you've spend $180.00 on a Sub and probably at least another $120.00 on the EPs. So you can easily be into WoW for $300.00 just on your year of playing.

STO has Keys for Lockboxes, but the items in those Lockboxes are not necessities. They're vanity items like WoW's Night Steed - which you also need to buy separately. And yes, STO has C-Store and Fleet Store items, but again, those items aren't necessities. But even if you spend $100.00 on those items in a year you've still spent $200.00 less on them they you would WoW.

And with STO you also have the option of earning Dilithium from missions while you play and then selling that Dilithium to other players for Zen to buy items from the C-Store and Fleet Store. Personally, I have not purchased Zen since the game when FTP and I own every Federation Ship in the C-Store - as well as several Fleet Store ships I've wanted. I'm not alone in that. Plus many Lockbox ships can be found on the Exchange and purchased for in-game Energy Credit currency.

Now if you're asking me if STO has as much content as WoW? Not even close, but STO is 3 years old and WoW is over 8. But from a cost perspective STO costs no more to play per year then WoW does - unless you really have poor impulse control.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So , I'm trying to give Cryptic some money for the LT sale and all I get is the message, "Error updating subscription" with an option to upgrade to Gold only. Has anyone else had this problem? Do I have to get Gold first?

It's a sign.
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well I cant buy life because the damn link doesn't work I hit the buy now button an all I get is an Extremely long load time and an then what do I find an error message saying page cant be displayed ... now what?!:mad: :(
  • jrbrianjrbrian Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am considering the purchase of an LTA but am unsure if the cost is justifiable. Can anyone comment? The matrix mentions "500 Promotional points". I am assuming this is ZEN but it does not say "ZEN". Also mentions that the "offer can be changed" . Any insight is appreciated. Thank you.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jrbrian wrote: »
    I am considering the purchase of an LTA but am unsure if the cost is justifiable. Can anyone comment? The matrix mentions "500 Promotional points". I am assuming this is ZEN but it does not say "ZEN". Also mentions that the "offer can be changed" . Any insight is appreciated. Thank you.

Yep it's Zen, but it's STO only Zen. It goes straight into your STO wallet so you can't spend it on other games. You get 500 Zen per month on the day after you purchase your sub. It stacks up, so you can save it to buy the more expensive items in the C-store.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • jrbrianjrbrian Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Yep it's Zen, but it's STO only Zen. It goes straight into your STO wallet so you can't spend it on other games. You get 500 Zen per month on the day after you purchase your sub. It stacks up, so you can save it to buy the more expensive items in the C-store.
    Great! Thank you. Only really interested in STO for now :) Still learning about the game. Enjoying it very much.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only if they didn't TRIBBLE you out of May's and still won't answer tickets. :mad:

Hmm, did you get multiple stipends one month? I got 3 stipends worth of Zen in April so I didn't get a stipend for May and I won't be getting one for June. Also did you file it as a billing ticket on the main PWE site? I had a friend file one about his stipend that way and got a response back in 3 days. He had gotten multiple stipends as well so he wasn't eligible for the May stipend.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • kaiwrenkaiwren Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok we discovered the problem. It attempts to charge to the Netherlands so the credit card companies were automatically denying the charge as a security method. Once we called and verified it was legitimate it worked correctly.

This was my issue, as well, and it was also resolved by a phone call to my credit card cardmember service.