test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg STF's Seriously OP?

ldarkholmeldarkholme Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Reputation System
OK, so im in full mk XII ultra rare gear, weapons, etc,

Borg STF, im literally getting 1-2 shot by borg or borg infested ships, despite Buffs they just blew through everything and destroy me, im more then frustrated by the fact that since the launch or LoR the damage output of STF enemy ships seems to have skyrocketed, ive been in several STF's the past few hours where the entire group was complaining about it, from science to cruisers to tac officers, 4 different groups, 4 different scenarios we got pounded because the damage vs ability to heal mitigate damage is overwhelming against us.

Now i understand "oh their borg your suppose to die" resistance is futile B.S. but there seems to be a serious flaw in the way damage is mitigated and doled out by ships, ive been through several different Skill builds, weapon Boff setups that all the "popular" people all say "oh this is the best, no this is the best" prior to LoR release it seemed easier to be able to mitigate and manage damage from multiple sources enemys at a time, now a Borg Raptor kills my Full strength forward shield facing and Knock my hull down to 4% in a single shot, how is this fair and balanced?
Post edited by ldarkholme on

Comments

• huesoparkerhuesoparker Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've also noticed that they've changed the abilities and their speed of the spheres. They now run away from torp clusters until they run out of fuel. I can't seem to do that in any of my ships.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since the launch of LoR I've run dozens of Elite STFs on multiple characters/builds. With the exception of the Spheres (most notable in ISE) and possibly Borgified Raptors (in CSE) each over-spamming EPtE and insanely whizzing about the place, I haven't noticed any changes in the STFs. I'm not taking any inordinate amount of damage or finding anything else unusual.

Just my two-bits worth.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • frostkaiserfrostkaiser Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only difference Ive noticed is the spheres speed, haven't noticed any difference in their damage output. you can still hit the spheres with torpedo clusters easily enough. just dont shoot them off when they run away, they swing back around.
  • wolf3130wolf3130 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    for those who dont know the borgs plasma torp has been op for over a year now that is where the one shot wonder comes from and the borg death beam both hiting for 200k+ easy regaurdless of build
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wolf3130 wrote: »
    for those who dont know the borgs plasma torp has been op for over a year now that is where the one shot wonder comes from and the borg death beam both hiting for 200k+ easy regaurdless of build

one word:
    shield (tanking)

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I ran it yesterday on my Sci toon with a vesta running the Aegis set and XI weps off of the Exchange and found it pretty easy. Not bragging but I just hit them with Grav well 2 and CSV and a few BO's and Advanced Danube pets with tractor beams and the Spheres were pretty easy to coral and take out. I used FBP3 on the Tac cube and it worked well also.