test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Projected Singularity - how does it compare vs Phaser Spinal Lance and the Javelin?

benjaminmsbenjaminms Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Just wondering... I am currently comparing Fed vs Klingon vs Romulan ships, and I noticed at least there are Battlecruiser-class ships for all 3 at level 50. While the Federation and Klingon battlecruisers (the Galaxy and the Guramba) use beam-type weapons as a special (which can be influenced by skilltraining), the Projected Singularity of the D'Dedirex apparently uses output from the Singularity core itself - unless the description doesn't add up of course.
Making it slightly impossible to have it crit. Now the description I saw on the wiki doesn't mention how wide the beam of the Singularity is.. Does it compare to the Lance and the Javelin in potential output through an large AoE, or can it be upgraded through skills in damage, or is it just an fancy gimmick which is actually an disadvantage?
nezerol_6601.jpg
Post edited by benjaminms on

Comments

• Options
    mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you're attempting to treat the Projected Singularity as a lance-type weapon, you will be disappointed. The Projected Singularity is crowd-control, the damage is bonus.
  • Options
    derbock203derbock203 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i wonder if particle generators will add to the effect like they will to the rift-skills.
  • Options
    hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited June 2013
    Its a get out of jail free card, the big grav well like thing is just a distraction.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the singularity is affected by tac skills, the sci exotic damage buff and doffs that affect gravity well. yes aftershock singularities.

the singularity fires a ball of green into the direction you are facing, however it travels only on the x and y axis, that means you can not shoot it diagonalup or downwards.

it travels 10km an pulls in everything but supermassive ships and stationary targets like the stations and that stf stuff.

affected ships are pulled in and travel along the singularity until it stops. it does damage than and another burst a few seconds later.

its not a lance the damage is not even close.

however, dragging a bunch of ships into one small area is perfect to set up heavy torps, iso charges and plasma wave and every other aoe attack.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    it travels 10km an pulls in everything but supermassive ships and stationary targets like the stations and that stf stuff.

To be specific, it will get dreadnaughts, like the tholian flagships. And yes, as stated the clustering of enemies right before a big AoE is spectacular. I like combining it with gravity well to hold them in the cluster.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To be specific, it will get dreadnaughts, like the tholian flagships. And yes, as stated the clustering of enemies right before a big AoE is spectacular. I like combining it with gravity well to hold them in the cluster.

how.gw and the singularity share the same global cd?