test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lapsed gold member

chelmsford123chelmsford123 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Hi

I used to subscribe but went silver earlier this year (maybe late last year) shortly after hitting the 1000 day mark. The reasons were many but justifying the monthly ?9 was probably the main one. Knowing that in total I spent way more than an LTS does make me feel a bit daft, but it was my choice and a ?200 outlay was never an option.

I digress - my reason for posting is to ask the question, does being a lapsed gold member entitle me to more than the standard silver membership? I realise the veteran rewards are available and I'm enjoyiong those as I level up my Romulan, but do any of the other benefits remain such as character slots and respecs on my new chars etc? It looks like some might do bu I'm not sure, having one char with a load more costume slots than others.

Any info appreciated!

Thanks
Post edited by chelmsford123 on

Comments

• Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You will keep the following on current characters:

Bank slots
    Inventory slots
    Account bank
    Boff slots
    Ship slots
    Any accrued respec tokens

However you will lose:

EC cap raise
    Any unused extra character slots

And any new characters will be subject to the silver status i.e. standard slots, no respec tokens, etc.

Of all of those, the EC cap is probably the biggest loss, and for silvers I would always recommend just getting it from the C-store, as that way it is permanent, regardless of subscription. Note you won't lose any EC above the cap, but you will stop earning EC until it falls below the cap.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks very much, exactly what I was after :)

You are right, the 10mil cap will be a pain but I will probably get it from the c-store as you suggest. I went nuts and bought a load of keys off the exchange so not reached 10mil yet on any since I went silver :S
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Q: I canceled my Star Trek Online subscription, but I'm interested in becoming a Silver Player. Will I have the same access to the game as I did previously?

Your characters are still available, but they may not be able to use all features that are available if you were to be a Gold Player. Additionally, Gold Members and Silver Players differ in Star Trek Online. A player who previously subscribed to Star Trek Online and then returned to game as a Silver Player will not have the same exact features provided to Gold Members. The Features Matrix describes these differences in more detail.

Q: If I decide to downgrade from Gold to Silver, what happens to all my stuff?

Characters will remain when switching from Gold to Silver. However, not all features that character had during Gold membership may be available to Silver players. Please note that we never delete character data. If a Gold Member cancels his or her subscription and decides to restart it at a later date, all of that Member's characters and associated items will be intact.

you could lose the inventory addons too at anytime i have heard many keep them though only heard some lost them but dont know if they got them back, the bank addon is about 64k dilithium (well was for me last week at 129 per zen)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    So I guess the Romulan 1000 day veteran reward ship still be available to me then as well? I'm hoping yes, as all my other vet reward stuff has been available so far, but you know these guys, they like to make exceptions (money) where they can ;)
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They should be, since you've already hit 1000 days, that should stay with you across your toons.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    That's what I'm hoping, but the f2p page states "unavailable", though this is possibly intended for players who will never subscribe as opposed to those who are already there. It's bit ambiguous.

Also found this on the veteran rewards page:

Current or Lapsed Gold Subscribers

Vice Admiral Ship Token: Players that have been gold subscribers for at least 600-days will receive a single veteran ship token per character that allows the player to purchase a character unlock Vice Admiral or Rear Admiral Romulan Retrofit ship for free. This token is only good for Romulan ships when received on a Romulan Republic character, and the ship will be character locked to the character that selected it.

So looks like D'deridex retrofit will be available too :)

It's funny though, all I wanted for ages was to play may old Romulan created from alien flying around in a D'deridex. Now they are everywhere, I'm not so keen ...