test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Devs] please change sci skills back to exotic

the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
at least some of them, because most of them are kinetic and shields completely negate kinetic damage entirely. Please make skills like

tyken's rift
charged particle burst
directed energy modulation
aceton beam
feedback pulse
photonic shockwave
tractor beam repulsers

all be exotic damage not kinetic so that these skills can be affected by the new trait that offers higher damage for exotic type damage types.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kasandarokasandaro Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think they are, already? I recall Bran in a beta-ish thread saying that the Sci Captain power affects all of these powers, and that "exotic damage" is "kinetic that comes from a skill, not from equipment". (Why it's not called "exotic", then, I do not know - limit of the engine?)
  • Options
    abyssinainabyssinain Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    at least some of them, because most of them are kinetic and shields completely negate kinetic damage entirely. Please make skills like

tyken's rift
    charged particle burst
    directed energy modulation
    aceton beam
    feedback pulse
    photonic shockwave
    tractor beam repulsers

all be exotic damage not kinetic so that these skills can be affected by the new trait that offers higher damage for exotic type damage types.

The new trait increases your particle damage which infact increases the damage of most of the abilities you already mentioned, I know since I use TBRs buffed by the trait.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The OP is asking to have the basic damage type changed from kinetic to something else (like it used to be before it was changed to use kinetic).
  • Options
    jamiek81jamiek81 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The issue here is that, unless I am mistaken, there is no armour that absorbs exotic damage, which means science officer dps will go through the roof due to no mitigation of the damage, maybe change it to energy?

Cause isn't that what basically the power behind the science officers abilities.....energy.
  • Options
    jandraelunejandraelune Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All damage done directly through Boff skills is Exotic. This includes: Radiation, Fire, Cold, Toxic...the extra stats of resistance you only get through traits and EVA suits.

What applies for ground is the same for space right?

also most of these skills in question ignore 100% shields by them self regardless of the damage type done.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jamiek81 wrote: »
    The issue here is that, unless I am mistaken, there is no armour that absorbs exotic damage, which means science officer dps will go through the roof due to no mitigation of the damage

This is the point, science has been nerfed to the point that removing the ability to resist the EXTREMELY low damage output of science powers would be nice but still not much.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    mehenmehen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adamkafei wrote: »
    This is the point, science has been nerfed to the point that removing the ability to resist the EXTREMELY low damage output of science powers would be nice but still not much.

Aye....so lower the damage of the abilities if it is that much of an issue. Not really seeing how nothing resisting exotic damage makes it a bad fix.
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Another fine idea, and it would certainly be a step in the right direction.

However, I don't hold much hope that Sci abilities will ever be fixed/restored/buffed, whatever you wish to call it, until we address the real issues.

1) Discovering who at Cryptic was molested by his science teacher and...
    2) Getting that person the help he needs, so we can all move on.
  • Options
    jandraelunejandraelune Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    >< Just looked over my Sci chars skills. Grav Well no longer ignores shields and does Kinetic Damage to 100% on shields no bleed through. Grav Well has been turned into a thing to pull objects into a spot and hold them =.=, nothing more. though it at least keeps all the Heavy Torps/mines popped and useless.

And on top NO skill does Exotic damage, NONE. Other then Starship Particle Generator refereeing to them as doing Exotic damage.

Sci still does decent damage on ground with Physicist Kit. But space damage got nerfed.