test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

fastest way to earn expertise

kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Academy
I'm kind of drained of it at the moment, and I will be needing more for some bridge officer training. Also, my fleet and rep projects could use some.

If you needed to grind expertise in the fastest way possible, what would you do?
Post edited by kamiyama317 on

Comments

• tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Run Mirror Incursion it gives the bonus to skill points which is converted into Expertise at max level.
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    missions

lots of missions

Foundry daily, episodic content...etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • niteraven666niteraven666 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    federation members can run any of the partol missions, they award over 2k skill points and 2k Expertise.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tc10b wrote: »
    Run Mirror Incursion it gives the bonus to skill points which is converted into Expertise at max level.

This .
    Run it at any level for the whole event (1 hour non stop) to get tons of xp .
  • jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Could you clarify which mission this is? When I do a search through foundry missions I can't find one labeled "mirror incursion."
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Mirror Incursion is an event that is scheduled to happen at various times each day. The hourly calendar will tell you when.
  • asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yup, concur with the MU being a good one.

but its only there for an hour, maybe 2, each day.

and only if you happen to be on at the time it is running.

for a more practical approach, try replaying some Episode missions. they award lots of Expertise and some of them have rather valuable completion rewards as well
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Another way, if you like (or at least tolerate) DOffing is to basically spam the shipboard development Assignments (Creating hypos, regenerators, shield charges, power cells, ship components ; having your bartended fix you a drink and supply from the special stock) and the Personal and Sector assignments that have 15, 30, 45 minute and one hour times (avoid anything longer if you try this. Exploration star clusters are great for this when they have the "Emergency Supplies" assignment, if you have the necessary commodities (Usually Antigens and Seismic Stablisiser, I think).
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Borg invasion events also give bonus XP (and Omega marks), although finding them is a crapshoot.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • ijimithyijimithy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm kind of drained of it at the moment, and I will be needing more for some bridge officer training. Also, my fleet and rep projects could use some.

If you needed to grind expertise in the fastest way possible, what would you do?

If you have enough EC get yourself a 1 Hour or 8 Hour XP bonus thingy from the Exchange then spam the Mirror Universe Invasion mission for a hour when its on. (I say 8 hour just in case you do decide to do Patrol Missions and the Borg Invasion missions in Sector space)

You can also replay Episodes too the other night with the MU and a couple of missions i made 200K Expertise easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Drama, No Fuss, Just good old fashioned pew pew!
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Defera Invasion Zone hard missions.

Next to the wonderful amount of fleet marks (240, 260 during event) and the meh amount of Omega marks (40, 52 during event), it also gives something of 13k of expertise.

4 missions, 20h cooldown, total time needed to complete them is 20 minutes. Just remember to shout this in the zone chat: lfg fed/kdf (whichever applies to you) hard.