test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why can't I train skills

kriactkriact Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Academy
Past Centrurion? Tovan Khev has max skills and the others have more than me.
Post edited by kriact on

Comments

• Options
    corgatagcorgatag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Comparing BOFF skills to player skills makes me a bit confused so you may have to include a screenshot if this doesn't answer your question:

You need to spend a minimum number of points at a lower tier to put points in higher tiers. There is also a minimum bar for ground/space points.

Try putting points in some lower Ground/Space skills to see if that unlocks higher skills. (You don't have to commit to test this out, so as long as you don't hit the Accept button you don't have to worry about messing up your build.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Here are my skills. - http://imgur.com/NqcREDq
    Here are Tovan's skills. - http://imgur.com/0bNL7if
  • Options
    insanesenatorinsanesenator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    in your picture, Tovan is as highly promoted as he can get, otherwise he would be YOUR rank. He also has every skill point already spent, so maybe I don't understand your issue.

edit - nvm, I did misunderstand, you mean you can't train yourself higher. I can't see in the picture, but is tactical and engineering as filled out as science? I would assume not, try putting more points into skills and see if the next tier opens up. Like the last poster said, just don't click accept.
  • Options
    corgatagcorgatag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the 90,000/93,000 indicates that you need to spend more skill points at the Centurion (or lower) level.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    i gotta get stuff that's not science

alright
  • Options
    insanesenatorinsanesenator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Energy weapon stuff is useful for everyone, and I find for science, since I usually end up with some sort of torpedo boat, I like to max torpedo stuff too.

And grab all the engineering stuff for power levels, especially warp core potential and warp core efficiency.