test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How well did the packs do?

shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Since the promo pricing is now over, just curious on what people did or didn't buy. Just a sort of informal survey. If you would, tell us what you bought for LoR among:

1. Legacy Pack
2. Starter Pack
3. C-Store items a-la-carte (ships, uniforms, Reman race, etc)
4. Nothing

As for me, personally, I got the Legacy Pack. Got good use out of the various +1 ships and consoles while leveling, and I'm a sucker for uniforms. 30 master keys was a nice bonus, though my haul for the Tal Shiar box was rather a bust. Didn't get much of value, but them's the breaks. Still wading into my fleet of T5 ships, restricted mostly by needing a ton of Boffs to shuffle around. ^^;
ssog-maco-sig.jpg
Post edited by shockwave85 on

Comments

• kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After much reflecting (because I originally didn't wanted to buy anything anymore before things that bothered me for a long time (bugs) weren't fixed), I bought the Legacy Pack when the costume pack and the Haakona were added nevertheless and was not disappointed at first.

But now.. day after day of maintenance and more unresolved bugs than ever I am at a point were I definitely won't invest any more money in this game before every single bug is fixed.

Ah yes.. and I sold the keys on the Exchange because I don't play the "Lock Box" game.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hear you, but I don't want to turn this into another thread about server maintenance and bugs. We've got plenty of those. Just want to hear what people have decided to buy.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Given the number of Rommie alts I'm running, and the number of fleet ships I knew I was going to go for, the Legacy Pack was a no brainer. It's already paid for about 75% of it's cost with the FM discount.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I went with the legacy pack since I knew before the pack even launched I was going to be making multiple RR characters and flying a variety of ships.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • srspellssrspells Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought legacy, lifetime(7 months ago) and spend about 300 a month on game. I do like the game and will always support it.

Thank you Cryptic!!!
    -Spells
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't get any of the packs because I wasn't sure if I would end up using most of the items in them. Turns out I was right. After playing with LoR for a while now, I'm quite happy that I didn't pick up a pack.

I went and got the few items I wanted from the C-store and am quite pleased with them. I got the Dhael T2, Dhelan retrofit, and then finally the Fleet Dhelan retrofit. Put the Dhael skin on it and the two consoles for the set bonus. Using a combination of my stipend and a little bit of RL cash, the total for all of that was $20 out of my pocket. That's really all I'm going to use and I'm very pleased with it.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    I didn't get any of the packs because I wasn't sure if I would end up using most of the items in them. Turns out I was right. After playing with LoR for a while now, I'm quite happy that I didn't pick up a pack.

I went and got the few items I wanted from the C-store and am quite pleased with them. I got the Dhael T2, Dhelan retrofit, and then finally the Fleet Dhelan retrofit. Put the Dhael skin on it and the two consoles for the set bonus. Using a combination of my stipend and a little bit of RL cash, the total for all of that was $20 out of my pocket. That's really all I'm going to use and I'm very pleased with it.

Warduck drivers.....UNITE! lol
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I bought the Starter Pack. It seemed a better value to me.

I didn't see much point in the additional Tier 2 - 4 ships in the Legacy Pack, which I figured I would quickly outgrow. The Starter Pack gives me one Tier 5 ship, and I can always buy the others a la carte as needed. I love the costumes as well, but am planning on buying those separately with my lifer stipend.

As far as the playable Reman in the Legacy Pack, that can (theoretically) unlocked through the Reputation system. I have no immediate plans to play a Reman, so I'm in no hurry to pay money for that.
  • lordgabelordgabe Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got the Big Legacy pack and with my 3 rommie characters using all the stuff its been totally worth it. Also got 30keys that gave me nothing but hey thats life. All in all a good value pack and with my solo teir 2(almost 3 starbase) i've already picked up one fleet version Dhelan warbird retrofit, so that saved me 1500zen(or a truck load of EC) just there, will most likely do the same with all my toons down the line :)

I in general spend a bit on this game each month and I picked up a lifetime in the orginal beta but sadly had to take a long break due to real life stuff. I came back to the game just as the game went free to play and been loving it ever since.
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
    W.B. Yeats

Lifer since beta its never been so good! So now can everyone chill this game is going in the right direction :P
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I splurged on the Legacy pack and why you ask.....

Because there's something oddly satisfying about massacring hordes of barbaric Klingons in defense of poor helpless tribbles everywhere. :D

That and because the second I found out about this game I always wanted to play as a Romulan and that finally came true.

But yeah mostly the thrill of green bloods dropping honorless klingon scum...and the D'deridex, Mogai, and pretty much just everything else.

And remember folks please help control the Klingon population. Have your klingon spayed or neutered today!! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got the T'Varo, the Dhael, the Valdore and the Dridtau ships, plus the TOS uniform.

I can get the Retrofits with my 600 days subscriber veteran free ship reward.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • quiiliitiilaquiiliitiila Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought the Reman and the Reman uniform. The 1,000 zen cost for the Reman was a bit steep, but WELL worth it. The Psionic attack alone has saved my bum countless times and plus, who doesn't want to run around in shades and a hood with a spiffy leather uniform?

I plan on dropping the 5,000 zen for the Scimitar 3 pack when/if they release it. SCIMITAR FTW!!!!!

-Quiiliitiila
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Absolutely nothing,best $124.99 i've ever saved.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bought the Starter Pack. So far I've pulled the console from the T'Varo and installed it in my trusty T'liss, the Aen'Rhienn (of course). I haven't gotten around to doing much with the liberated Borg 'Reman' to make him look like a real Havrannsu instead of that wretched "Look, I live in a cave" thing.

Remans. Really? Who at Paramount do I need to beat senseless over this whole debacle? I refuse to admit that they exist. The only thing wrong with Havrannsu is that they're a bit hickish and stubborn - like farmers everywhere, I suppose.

Anyway, hate the title. 'Survivor of Eisn' would be better. The Legacy Pack title was the only thing I'd pay money for in that pack, tho I really have nothing against the ships and might buy one in the C-store. Probably use the T'varo retrofit at endgame just because I seriously doubt I can stand dying that much in the old T'liss bucket by then.

Open skies and mnhei'sahe...
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I has to sit and think hard before acting on this one, after that I decided the starter pack was a better deal for me. I already have a life time subscription from the beginning so the ships and things the starter pack didn't provide (aside from the extra tittle I care nothing about) I will get from my monthly Zen snippets
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i debated about getting the legacy pack and decided on getting the starter pack and the T'Varo R has not dissapointed me yet and i plan on getting the other ships in time with both stipend and dilith funding from my many alts i havejust remember one thing about the T'Varo R do not use that mega torp when the enemy has a cone based attack in use you tend to die from the resulting plasma torp explosion going off while you are cloaked.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I went with the Starter Pack. I like STO, it's the only MMO I currently play and they made an expansion that they do not charge for, so I wanted to support the game with my humble contribution. The same reason I subbed actually. :)
    I didn't consider the Legacy one cause I'm more of a single ship captain, so I usually stick with one ship I like for a long time spending money and effort outfitting that one - and the Starter Pack provided just about what I needed to get myself started and set for end game.

Besides, I'm fan of ENT, so I really loved the option to use a T'Varo at end game and furthermore it's an awesome ship in the game!

I got the TOS uniforms cause they're awesome and I'll probably eventually get the D'Deridex retrofit cause I think it's beautifull. :)

I'll see about other stuff or consoles when the time comes, when I see what I need on my char & ship. So far I'm satisfied by the value I got for my money - 2 ships with 2 unique consoles that give an awesome projectile bonus on a ship that has enhanced battlecloak...mmmmm:P. Plus lib.borg Reman with some very nice traits and 2 Boff slots.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought the Legacy Pack. Happy with everything, though I have to agree with another poster that the current lock boxes aren't that good.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought the legacy pack and am very happy with it and use Fleet versions of all the ships since it was only 1 module each. The consoles are all fun and the other addons like keys, doffs and borg boff was also nice. TOS uniform is ok, but needs color pallete fixed and some clipping issues still with the belt and skirt.

I also bought 10k zen worth of more keys, sold them all on exchange since I didn't like the way the new lockbox and lobi ships looked or their layouts.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So far:

Legacy Pack: 9
    Starter Pack: 5
    A-la-Carte Items: 3
    Nothing: 1

Interesting that so far, Legacy has the most people despite being the most expensive and it slopes down from there. Not exactly a scientific sample yet, keep it coming. Looks like Cryptic did pretty well though, at least among forum posters.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • hapievohapievo Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I initially picked up the starter pack, but then later upgraded to the legacy pack (got refunded for the starter pack). I have been very happy with the purchase. Going through the list of ships/uniforms/etc, and estimating the cost of each item I really really wanted, it only cost me about 30$ more than I would have spent otherwise if I had bought just a few the items ala carte and I got all the extra stuff which I found later I liked also. For instance, never in a million years was I going to pick up the Dhelan-R or its lower tier ship. But after flying one it's a good ship that I would have missed out on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bagabumbagabum Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I bought the Legacy Pack as soon as it became available- before the additions. I now play a Romulan Engineer as my main and this has breathed new life into the game for me. I prefer the playstyle of the tanky ships dish out and take it.

I currently have the adapted battlecruiser with 4 Borg Bridge officers and the shrapnel Toropedo. This is a very very fun ship. I intend on outfitting with the Borg space set and the Romulan Reputation weapon set :-) I like plasmas.

Worth every penny for this pack. Only gripe I have with this pack is lack of off-duty gear (or perhaps Im looking in wrong place) I think these will come in time.

Thanks Cryptic
    Livia Drusilla - Level 50 Engineer

Playing STO since Beta

Leader of S-P-Q-R
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    <--- Happy non-purchaser of pack
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nothing, here, although chances are I'll be picking up a D'deridex when I actually fully level a Romulan. It was the only ship I really wanted from the Romulans, so I can't bear to pass it up, even if it's more of a space whale than my Odyssey.
  • acavalloacavallo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was really hesitant to spend the extra money for the Legacy pack, I already subscribe and figured I'd go with the starter... but.... as it got right down to it, I clicked on the Legacy selection and bought it. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

I currently have 2 Roms, one Fed, one going KDF, and making a Reman to go with the rest of my characters. I think the money was well worth it. I still have the keys. I eventually plan to use them
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got the starter pack. The legacy pack was just too expensive, I only have one Rom character planned so really the starter pack is enough for me. The T'Varo looks sweet, the only other ship or ships I would want to get would be either the D'Deridex or the Valdore. And I can buy those separately.
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was going for the Fleet T'varo, so I got the starter pack. Nice little ship, and the consoles are fun. Love the TOS torpedo, it is the only thing killing me lately. :P
  • antaran5antaran5 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Legacy pack all the way, worked out best overall value as i'm still struggling to get the Fed and KDF ships/zen store items i want.
    When they added the TOS uniform and Haakona i drooled and couldn't wait for release.
    Fed/KDF packs like this? yes please....
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Edmund Burke
  • zdfx19zdfx19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I personally could not justify the buying either pack for what few items I wanted out of it. I am surprised Cryptic has not offered up a "create your own bundle" system yet where you can select a set of related items you really want and get a discount off the purchase. You can do that at many places when buying a video game console now for example.
  • temporalhavoctemporalhavoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I purchased the Legacy pack, and have not regretted it for a second. Legacy of Romulus impressed me in the closed beta stage, and it continues to impress me now as the bugs are worked out.
    Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
    Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
    M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus