test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please make all cut-seen movies skippable.

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
Ok so after playing a mission once im happy to watch the movie, but after I go back and replay for the endless grind of STO it gets really annoying to have to sit through the same movie over and over. Please make it so we can skip them if we want.
1e3sni150tar.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's what I'd like to see as well
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's what I'd like to see as well

But its SO good, why would you WANT to miss it??

Even the third time round?

WHY??
  • blunted74blunted74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I recently hit lvl 50 and am doing episode replays to get max level gear and this drives me crazy.
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes please to this, i intend to do 3 romulans, im sure i will be tired of k'men at the least.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1

Sick and tired of listening to Eraun at the end of Operation Gamma. It's bad enough that that mission sucks and I have to do it at least twice to get the full JH set without listening to Eraun waffle on.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    +1

Sick and tired of listening to Eraun at the end of Operation Gamma. It's bad enough that that mission sucks and I have to do it at least twice to get the full JH set without listening to Eraun waffle on.

lol yep. Doing that mission now for the Jem set on my new Rom. I want to kill him... ^,..,^
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a game engine problem. The "actors" in them need to play out their motions to be in the right place when it ends, otherwise they have a problem bugging out at times. They used to be skipable in CO but they bugged out a lot and they had to make them unskipable.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alonar wrote: »
    It's a game engine problem. The "actors" in them need to play out their motions to be in the right place when it ends, otherwise they have a problem bugging out at times. They used to be skipable in CO but they bugged out a lot and they had to make them unskipable.

I think that about covers it. Any cutscene that moves in-game assets to a particular position by a certain time is going to be unskippable.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • dragasheindragashein Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree; cutscenes should be skippable.

In the mean time though, if you want to kill the voice-overs...look under the audio tab of the options and slide the "voice" option all the way to the left ;)
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That would be nice.
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    I think that about covers it. Any cutscene that moves in-game assets to a particular position by a certain time is going to be unskippable.

You're saying that the game engine is incapable of setting a couple of conditions and placing a few objects at specific coordinates? If so, that might explain why we have so many issues after content patches; this engine was coded for the C64 :rolleyes:

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes this would be nice along with items being used from inventory rather than the bank.

I find it annoying that using reputation items are taken from the bank rather than what i just brought as it means i have to run all the way round to the bank to stock up the items i use for elite sfs.
  • jinxmeljinxmel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dragashein wrote: »
    I agree; cutscenes should be skippable.

In the mean time though, if you want to kill the voice-overs...look under the audio tab of the options and slide the "voice" option all the way to the left ;)

Thanks so much for this; I've been searching through forums for an hour to find *someone* suggesting how to at least mute them if we can't skip the VOs.
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1 thousand