test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Replicate Shroud Process - Logic Fail!

tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Klingon Discussion
I've had this mission a few times and, for a KDF, the risk of failure is higher then for a Starfleet character.

See for yourself:
Shroud Logic Fail

Look at the angry red text and you see why I've never attempted it.

There is only other species in the game that has Shroud and it's a Starfleet exclusive species.

So therefore, the KDF do not have access to it.

Cryptic really didn't think this mission through when they gave it to the KDF, apparently.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
Post edited by tilarta on

Comments

• Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are 3 Jem'Hadar DOffs that do not have the Aggressive trait

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Adak%27Ukan

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Egul%27Clan

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Etak%27Kas

You should be able to easily pick one of those up for around 500k EC or less from the exchange.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the tip.

However, I shudder to think how much those 3 will set me back in terms of EC. :eek:

1. They're purple.
    2. KDF Doffs cost more then Starfleet Doffs, due to rarity.
    3. Because of aforementioned rarity, it's harder to find KDF doffs on the exchange.

Edit: I got Egul'Clan, but sadly, the other two were not available for KDF! :(
    I'm now going to point at the case.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you keep doing marauding missions, you might eventually get a Jem'Hadar prisoner, similar to the vorta prisoners you get. That prisoner also does not have the aggressive trait. I keep around one of those for this mission and a Vorta for the Force Memories from Prisoner mission.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,428 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Grab a tosk from the exchange for best odds.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Tosk is a Starfleet exclusive species.

KDF cannot use this DOFF on their assignments.

I eventually did manage to get the complete set of Jem'Hadar DOFFs, although, as I expected, it cost me twice as much as it would for a Starfleet Captain.

I've got the Vorta, but I've never seen a mission to acquire Jem'Hadar Prisoners.
    That's not surprising, as I gave up Maruading when I hit 150k.

• Options
    blafiblafi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tilarta wrote: »

Why not turn that 50k excess cxp to FM's? (assuming you're in a fleet... i know assumptions can be dangerous but i feel lucky today)

moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
    http://www.elitedefensestarfleet.com
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I am in a Fleet.

As to why I never converted it to Fleet marks, I'm saving it in case the level cap for Diplomacy and Maruading is raised to T5.

There was an unconfirmed report about that some time back, but we've heard nothing official.

But if it is true, I'm halfway to the theorectical level of 200k that T5 would need.

And that's why I chose to keep the CXP.

• Options
    sardizasardiza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got the Vorta, but I've never seen a mission to acquire Jem'Hadar Prisoners.

The mission is the same one where you can get a Vorta prisoner from: "Strike Against Fugitive Support Network". Usually found under your Tactical officer in Department Heads. Worth running since any prisoners you're not saving for "special attention" can be ransomed in the Beta Quadrant for useful DOffs.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,428 Arc User
    edited May 2013

KDF cannot use this DOFF on their assignments.

Forgot about that.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am in a Fleet.

As to why I never converted it to Fleet marks, I'm saving it in case the level cap for Diplomacy and Maruading is raised to T5.
    I could see why you might save it for Diplomacy...Diplomacy is painful. But Marauding? Marauding's great stuff. Besides, you could just trade in SOME of your XP to make some headroom again so you can maraud.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had this mission a few times and, for a KDF, the risk of failure is higher then for a Starfleet character.

See for yourself:
    Shroud Logic Fail

Look at the angry red text and you see why I've never attempted it.

There is only other species in the game that has Shroud and it's a Starfleet exclusive species.

So therefore, the KDF do not have access to it.

Cryptic really didn't think this mission through when they gave it to the KDF, apparently.

The mission has no casaulity rating. You can attempt it with a 30-20 Failure chance.:rolleyes:
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    crazybuckcrazybuck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you have an purple research lab scientis, it wil have succes.
    And that 1 will probly cost less in exchange.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't like Maruading.
    So anything I can do to minimize doing it over again is a good thing.

For a Starfleet officer, that DOFF is most likely cheap.

For a KDF however, it will cost 2 times as much, 3 times on occassion.

And finding one with Efficient, Edetic Memory or Logical will raise the price even further.

• Options
    sardizasardiza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't like Maruading.

Then... why are you playing KDF?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Because I want to? :confused:

Just because I don't like the Klingon dominant aspect of the KDF doesn't make the other aspects less fun.

Maruading isn't the only thing to do if you're KDF, there's other things as well.
    Only a fool would avoid KDF just because of one component of DOFFING.

Basically, I do what is required and when it's done, I stick to the non-KDF faction stuff as much as possible.