test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not enough Marks.

warchief551warchief551 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Federation Discussion
Since the Legacy of Romulus has come out it has sorta improved on how many Romulan marks you get with the different "Choice of Marks" STFs. With Legacy of Romulus came Tholian Reputation, and that is just awful. The several time consuming little objectives that you have to do to get these marks don't reward enough, 45 marks at the best you'll come with, the time it takes to get those you could have something in the hundreds with Omega. It's awful that Romulan and Tholian marks are just so grind heavy and you can jump into 1 Omega STF and get 2 Reputation things done. I have spent about 2 days grinding on 1 toon to get the 500 Nukara marks to get the universal console. I just hope that the rewards for these incredibly time consuming objectives and STFs are increased.
Post edited by warchief551 on

Comments

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll grant you, Nukara marks are a pain, but Romulan marks are just an Epohh away.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh yeah totally, but you just can't Epohh ya know? Other that tagging, Tau Dewa gives some good marks but it's just can't compare to Omega
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel bad for anyone who wanted to make a pure Tholian ship build with a weaver or recluse. One that has all Tholian weapon, consoles, sets.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sadly I am, the consoles, weapons, and set.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ugh, I am so burnt out from grinding fleet marks on Nukara. I can't even pass it it sector space without cringing.Are the rep awards even worth it?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yeah they're gnarly, very good rewards.
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Need more space missiosn for marks ground sucks but thats my opinion, i dont do any ground stf's.
  • Options
    farseeridranelfarseeridranel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah they're gnarly, very good rewards

You mean the space set items? Do you have a link to their stats?
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The most efficient way to grind for nukara marks is to queue for "The Vault: Ensnared" during Bonus Mark Event. It can earn you up to 58 marks for one 15min run.
  • Options
    ingenieursschafingenieursschaf Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This Mark **** Grinding is going on My nerves. I hate it...

I dont know what Cryptic was thinking.. BUT IT SUCKS!

Cryptic: SWITCH to FLEETMARK and REPUTATION Marks.

+ Add Special Parts for the Other Rep System if you want to buy MK XII Gear Like the Neural Processors

Omega: (Classic STF)
    1-11 Neural Processors
    Romulan: (Mine Trap, Athmosphere Assault)
    1-11 Tal Shiar Intel Reports
    Nukara: (Vault, Azure Nebula)
    1-11 Crystal Injectors

Every Mission give you Reputation Marks. But we need Elite Azure and so on.

The Problem with the System is, you have to Play very boring and sometimes annoying Missions. And please add Dilithium to the Grinding Missions...

For me i have no time to do whats fun for me. All the time Mark Grinding...
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, not enough marks. That's exactly why I refuse to anything related to Nukara rep until they add a mission that rewards at least 50 per day without the bonus event... or fix the damned Crystalline mission on Elite.

I am not wasting my time on boring and stupid missions, sorry Craptic, your Nukara rewards are not worth it.
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It sucks a bit not having the "big score" like an Elite STF or cashing in an Epohh, but so far it's not too hard to keep up. I just run a round of Easy and Medium exterior on Nukara Prime, takes me about 10 minutes. If I don't need the marks right then, I'll just hold onto the missions until the bonus event then cash them in. To fill in the gaps, I'll run Azure rescue. It's a bit random what you can get out of that one, depending on how many high value ships it gives you to save, but you can do OK on that.

We'll see how hard it becomes to keep up once I get into grinding Tier 4-5. I'm working on T3 right now.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the azura event is capped anyway at 24 and 30 during happy hour. I know this because i had plenty of games with 4 or more scimitars and the result was allways 24 nukara marks (or 30)
    personally i prefer the valt ensnared...takes only a few minutes more and has 43 or more depending how much web the tholians build. with 0% and happy hour i got 61 (55+6)

for fleetmarks i can only suggest doing the fleet alert and leave shortly before the siege grp arrives, gives you 43 atleast since siege grp only gives 4 anyway, but starts the cooldown on the mission.
    just join queue again after you left and do it over and over and over.

and romulan marks, appart from epohh...obviously, the daily in tau dewa sector, specifically doing the acamarians 8 times for 60 marks or 75 during happy hour. this mission takes an average player exactly 90 seconds to complete. here are some vidz
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Although I agree "it's not enough Marks", Cryptic's goal is to get you to play the game and grinding is the new normal, as sad as that seems.
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    baudl wrote: »
    the azura is capped anyway at 24 and 30 during happy hour. I know this because i had plenty of games with 4 or more scimitars and the result was allways 24 nukara marks (or 30)
    personally i prefer the valt ensnared...takes only a few minutes more and has 43 or more depending how much web the tholians build. with 0% and happy hour i got 61 (55+6)

That explains how I got 2 Scimitars and 3 D'Deridex last night and still only got 30. Will have to play around with Ensnared again. I last ran it back around when S7 came out, and found it requires more skill and teamwork to cover everything. I can carry an Azure Rescue myself by just going wherever the other guys aren't, including rescuing Scimitars by myself, and thus making sure we're not all clumping together. With Ensnared, the map is too big for one or two good players to cover for the others. Maybe people have gotten better at it though.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg