test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher not loading ??? [Resolved!]

noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
Great Cryptic,

You have done it again. Since your latest maintenance of today, the launcher of the game remains BLANK and fails to load.

How much bull do we have still to accept from you ? :mad:
OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having this same very issue, at least the auto update is not playing up
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • marcusraynormarcusraynor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Anyone else having trouble getting on STO, the Launcher just sticks at the "Loading. Please Wait" message, I tried starting the game client directly and it times out connecting to the account server?

Any ideas?
    • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Yeah, looks like the account server's down. I went straight to the gameclient and it timed out on that.

I'm getting pretty tired of this.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Reave
    • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User
      edited May 2013

Any ideas?

Cryptic decided to save even more money and switch to an 'offline' model.
    • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Anyone else having trouble getting on STO, the Launcher just sticks at the "Loading. Please Wait" message, I tried starting the game client directly and it times out connecting to the account server?

Any ideas?

I think you already know ;)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • quigonkimquigonkim Member Posts: 4 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      yeah, I can't get in either
    • thenumber55thenumber55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      at least i am not alone

figured wine was acting crazy again
    • drakeforddrakeford Member Posts: 19 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      I too have this problem. I am considering leaving this game - I have paid for a lifetime account as well as the LoR pack.
      Whenever I come to play the server is either down, lagging or as today the launcher wont load.
      Sorry Cryptic but you really suck
    • gonael77gonael77 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      wtf is now going on. not even 1 hour after your "maintanence" the launcher doesnt load anymore. And of course its again during the Marks Event...

edit: make a complete rolback to Season 6. that worked fine...
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Had same issue... Cleared Internet Explore cache...

Solved.
      Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
      Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
      Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    • acemack1977acemack1977 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      i thought they were fixing the game not breaking it in this patch when was the patch for breaking the game scheduled to happen must of been today i guess
    • betanembetanem Member Posts: 122 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      First I was in game for alittle bit. Then got "server not respondeing" then it went away, but then nothing respondes. I press ground powers and the cooldown happens, but no effects happen. After I exit the game to relaunch, the launcher just gives me a blank white screen. :( So then I go into the game folder and launch it from the gameclient.exe and get stuck on connecting to the server after login. Any help would be nice. ty
    • justandiusjustandius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      This is in preparation for PW's new pay service. For $5 per month you will be alerted when game servers are actually up and working.
    • borgx666borgx666 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      yep same for me, the launcher loads but its a blank screen with "loading please wait..." login details dont appear!:rolleyes:
      Sto%20Final.png
    • thenumber55thenumber55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      gonael77 wrote: »
      wtf is now going on. not even 1 hour after your "maintanence" the launcher doesnt load anymore. And of course its again during the Marks Event...

edit: make a complete rolback to Season 6. that worked fine...

STO has always had odd bugs and server issues
    • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
      edited May 2013
      Hi Captains -- Cryptic launchers (STO/NW/CO) may not be loading for some. This should be resolved momentarily.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    • divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Launcher not loading. This seems to be whenever the website is off too. Of course they say "normal gameplay will be unaffected" but I guess they got it wrong again:(
    • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      The launcher didn't launch and the loader didn't load,

Mail wouldn't mail and tailor had no clothes.

The skills wouldn't respec' and the Borg zoom around,

'Its working as intended', Cryptic cries aloud!

Its broken and its shoddy, they should have tested more,

It here ends the story of, the awful launch of LOR.
    • captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Another problem caused by that last maintenance, even loyal players are getting fed up with all these errors and stability updates but no patches to fix any problems, Is the development team still there? STO shouldn't be like this. Gamers expect an explantion for all these problems and not even an acknowledgment that they are aware about the mass amount of problems. Please Cryptic can we have an official response for the benefit of the game
      "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
    • mladjaimladjai Member Posts: 37 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Well, after today's patch, i played Conduit and Kithomer Vortex on Elite, and lags are enormus, its almost unplayable. So, i exited game to try connect thru EU proxy, but now all i can see is blank white loader, with message "Loading, please wait", and after 5-6 try's, and waiting for about 10 minutes, its the same, launcher wont load game :(
      Xsara
    • geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      My launcher has a big message on it, the website is down for maintenance but gameplay is unaffected, ... uh I'm on the website right now. I try logging into game, takes quite a while to connnect, then says account error, click here for info, i click the click her, it opens my browser, to page that no longer exists. lol
    • natyalianatyalia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Ugh, this is getting ridiculous. So much for maintenance. More like let's see what we can do to mess with people even more. :(
    • sophiallriandrisophiallriandri Member Posts: 6 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      equinox976 wrote: »
      The launcher didn't launch and the loader didn't load,

Mail wouldn't mail and tailor had no clothes.

The skills wouldn't respec' and the Borg zoom around,

'Its working as intended', Cryptic cries aloud!

Its broken and its shoddy, they should have tested more,

It here ends the story of, the awful launch of LOR.

x)

I'm also getting a white launcher with a "Loading, please wait" text.
    • texan1986texan1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      i keep getting loading please wait white screen when launching the client when i do get threw i get the error account error click here for more information
    • malaichemalaiche Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Hi Captains -- Cryptic launchers (STO/NW/CO) may not be loading for some. This should be resolved momentarily.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Momentarily, WTF does that mean, and when i open my launcher, it will sometimes allow me to type in a password only to load up the cryptic crash software that prompts me to tell you wtf i was doing when it crashed ...
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Good news is the login is working, bad news server is down
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
        edited May 2013
        now its saying the site is compleetly down ?
      • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
        edited May 2013
        It's back up.

Edit: or not.

Edit 2: http://sto.perfectworld.com/404?url=%2Fsupport%2Faccount_error

Gimme. I'd love to explore the delta quadrant
        This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
      • sophiallriandrisophiallriandri Member Posts: 6 Arc User
        edited May 2013
        Aye, its also back up for me too.

Cheers bran + hamsters :>.
      • iminers242iminers242 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
        edited May 2013
        geekguy79 wrote: »
        My launcher has a big message on it, the website is down for maintenance but gameplay is unaffected, ... uh I'm on the website right now. I try logging into game, takes quite a while to connnect, then says account error, click here for info, i click the click her, it opens my browser, to page that no longer exists. lol

Getting the same thing.
      This discussion has been closed.