test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Chicago

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Heading to the official Star Trek Chicago Convention this weekend? Read more to learn about how you can obtain a special in-game Duty Officer and character title for attending.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's sold out.

Lets just meet in the parking lot and I buy you a couple beers and you give me a Leeta code.

:)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    wolf3130wolf3130 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chicago isn't realy all that far from me either lmao although far enough when i dont have a car
  • Options
    trinitycompletedtrinitycompleted Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whelp, there goes yet another piece of the game I can't be a part of.

Even if it weren't sold out prior to this announcement, 1,000 miles is a long way to travel for a duty officer.

Will there be any ways for us working stiffs to claim a Holo Leeta later on?
    Don't phaze me, bro!
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will Austin get a convention? I have a uniform made out and everything but these Star Trek conventions never seem to be in my area of travel.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what about Michigan? I have a costume but I'm not old enough to Drive :( Bran Can you pick me up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why must i be born in Holland :(

tis a great country but there are no Star Trek Conventions of any kind here
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Start one.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    captainmikeccaptainmikec Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea half way across the country for a doff isnt in my budget either

how about a holo dax for those of us that cant make it
    either dax would work, but id prefer jadzia :D
    "Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
    -General Chang
  • Options
    teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Start one.

Challenge accepted.

Everyone come to my back garden for Star Trek: The Barbecue.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm picturing you in your back yard, with a dozen or so ST nerds, all dressed up in uniforms and makeup, standing around awkwardly with Patrick Stewart. . .
  • Options
    jerryguyjerryguy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    your companies customer support is non existent and I am becoming extremely frustrated with your support system. My account was TRIBBLE last Saturday and after many, many attempts to contact your company I have yet to hear a response. Hopefully someone from cryptic will see this reply and e-mail me ASAP before they lose me as a customer. Thank you...
  • Options
    ydrisselleydrisselle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heading to the official Star Trek Chicago Convention this weekend? Read more to learn about how you can obtain a special in-game Duty Officer and character title for attending.

Click here to read more.

Nice, but us Europeans have practically no chance to get her...
  • Options
    zedvonkatmahlzedvonkatmahl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Challenge accepted.

Everyone come to my back garden for Star Trek: The Barbecue.

Will there be Heart of Targ?
  • Options
    lpthomasmariklpthomasmarik Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm picturing you in your back yard, with a dozen or so ST nerds, all dressed up in uniforms and makeup, standing around awkwardly with Patrick Stewart. . .

I want to see pics.

EDIT as for the Chicago thing. Had I known about it in advance I would have liked to go. Chicago is in driving distance for me. Alas 2 days is short notice and I am hearing it is sold out anyway.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to see pics.

EDIT as for the Chicago thing. Had I known about it in advance I would have liked to go. Chicago is in driving distance for me. Alas 2 days is short notice and I am hearing it is sold out anyway.

Redshirt seating is still available for 70 bucks or so but you know what happens to redshirts in ST.

... Homie don't play dat.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    removed post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
  • Options
    outooffocusoutooffocus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm born in Holland but chicago is only a few hours driving from here :)
  • Options
    drevuuldrevuul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I'm planning to beam in to the conference from London, but just on the off-chance that the Photonic Transporter Operators will be on strike, could you e-mail me a code now please? (worth a try :D )
  • Options
    teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to see pics.

You know what, I said it as a joke but I'm actually considering doing this.
  • Options
    general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm born in Holland but chicago is only a few hours driving from here :)

Holland Michigan?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lpthomasmariklpthomasmarik Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Redshirt seating is still available for 70 bucks or so but you know what happens to redshirts in ST.

... Homie don't play dat.

Yeah well sadly I've spent about $50 on STO this week. Like I said. I would have needed to know ahead of time. I've spent my entertainment money already.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wildmousex wrote: »
    I work as a line supervisor for Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill just down the street from the convention, and received permission from my manager today to offer everyone here who is going to this convention a free treat.

It will be in the form of the brownies which we give out for birthday customers. - our wing's have won local competitions, and our ribs get talked about around town more then the steak house behind us lately. We don't slouch on the rest of the menu either, my favorite from the appetizers menu is the fried mac and cheese.

If you like to party hearty, we have live concerts Friday and Saturday night's 10-midnight, and a D.J. playing a mix of pop songs after - the bar's (there's more then one in here) and dance floor stay open till 4 A.M.

If you and your friends want a more quite time then come on by for lunch, or Sunday on your way out.

If you are familiar with Rosemont, we are in the new M.B. park right next to the Movie Co (which I think is still showing the new movie, BTW) - - for those new to the area, there is info on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/tobykeithsbarchicago

Details haven't been worked out yet, so ask the hostess when you get there how to redeem and I'll make sure they all know what's going on. Most likely just show your convention stub to your waitress, but check to be sure.. Also if you drive instead of walk, the hostess will validate your parking in the garage for you as well.

I'll be working, so will only get to stop by the convention for 20 min or so on my way in, but I'll make those 20 min as worth it as I can....To everyone else - Have a safe and fun weekend!

That's super cool! Thanks Wildmousex!

Now I can complain about being on the wrong end of the country and not being able to take advantage of the deals people in Chicago can!
  • Options
    urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Now I can complain about being on the wrong end of the country and not being able to take advantage of the deals people in Chicago can!

Love it.. zing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To bad there isn't a way to do an 'On-Line' Convention...

Then everybody could go!

:D

My Fiancee has been in the Windy City all week for work, but she's coming back to Up-State NY tomorrow.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah well sadly I've spent about $50 on STO this week. Like I said. I would have needed to know ahead of time. I've spent my entertainment money already.

Umm...I've known about the Chicago STCon for months. You have to go to Creation's website to look at their calendar of events, it's not Cryptic's responsibility to announce these things.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm going on a hunch, but its probably because that's where your parents are from :cool:

But you do have tulips, windmills and wooden shoes going for you :D Creating a Star Trek convention in Europe is easy. Invite a bunch of people that are Star Trek fans and increase the body count by telling others its a Football/ Soccer game :D

I do know some people from Holland that are Trekkies and would probably join in with you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

we also get to go from 40 degree's on Tuesday, to 80 degree's on Wednesday, to 30 degree's with thunderstorm's and tornado watch's on Thursday... Don't like the weather, wait 5 min.

take that suckers.

Creating a Star Trek convention in Europe is easy. Invite a bunch of people that are Star Trek fans and increase the body count by telling others its a Football/ Soccer game :D

I do know some people from Holland that are Trekkies and would probably join in with you.

you really want to bring in Euro's by the droves? Have a "Dr Who visit's the Enterprise" fan script writing contest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    outooffocusoutooffocus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Holland Michigan?

Nope Apeldoorn ,Holland ,The Netherlands
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wildmousex wrote: »

you really want to bring in Euro's by the droves? Have a "Dr Who visit's the Enterprise" fan script writing contest.

You are totally right, I forgot about Dr. Who. I never could figure out how to drink a sonic screwdriver anyways.... :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to anounce folks, but higher up's here denied us the promotion offer for the free brownies that I made earlier. Hope word gets to everyone that was counting on it. We still have great food and music for your entertainment needs though.

UPDATE - after a bit of arguing, I am pleased to post that if you say that you are with the convention we will take 10% off the bill for you. Which, depending on how much you eat can be worth more. Have fun, stay safe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]