Install Arc

facepalm

zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zerobang on

Comments

• eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, I've got several Romulans in my DOff roster who also think their ancestors were responsible in founding the Federation.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Livona(in Zero's pic) is one of the RR starterpack doffs. :p

But... what's to say their ancestors weren't simply pretending to be Vulcans while mingling with the Federation? :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or maybe that they're really Vulcan spies planted within the Republic to ensure that D'Tan is who he says he is.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is my one major peeve with LoR. With the exception of story missions and starships, the game assumes you're either Federation or KDF. Evidently the random Doff generating engine is the same.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited May 2013
    That is my one major peeve with LoR. With the exception of story missions and starships, the game assumes you're either Federation or KDF. Evidently the random Doff generating engine is the same.
    Nah, I've only actually seen ONE RR doff with FF.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited May 2013
    Nah, I've only actually seen ONE RR doff with FF.

I've seen quite a few.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited May 2013
    I've seen quite a few.
    Please, don't spare the details. :D

I wanna see. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, their ancestors did become Founders of the Federation...

So what if it was a couple thousand years after S'task and his moody bredren took their toys and left. Nitpicky. ;)

I say steer into the skid and add FoF to *all* Rommie DOffs. Then tell everyone you *meant* to do that.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's nothing Romulans don't claim they invented, so claiming they invented the Federation seems only logical.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is my one major peeve with LoR. With the exception of story missions and starships, the game assumes you're either Federation or KDF.

You know in Operation Gamma, flying through the wormhole, and the NPC pilot on your shuttle has a lot of cutscene monologue? The Romulan shuttlecraft gets Klingon or Federation shuttle interior, depending on alignment. Took me a while to figure out, why are the consoles displaying Klingon script?
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I saw this as well. I've only seen the one. I figure she's a spy that specializes in infiltrating Vulcan institutions. Why question her credentials when she clearly has the proper traits?
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zerobang wrote: »

Um, Romulan spy (and very old) who was on Vulcan in 2161? :eek::D;)

[Yep - cut and paste for new Doff creation most likely]
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited May 2013
    Um, Romulan spy (and very old) who was on Vulcan in 2161? :eek::D;)

[Yep - cut and paste for new Doff creation most likely]
    Well, Livona's traits are typical for a human. soo... maybe. But Romulans have tactful reasonably often and sometimes teamwork.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's nothing Romulans don't claim they invented, so claiming they invented the Federation seems only logical.
    You're confusing 'Romulan' with 'Chekov'. Hmmm, fascinating...
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • painkillerjaynepainkillerjayne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

We Romulans invented the internet also. Yes, we are that cool. :cool:

Oh...and puppies. We invented puppies, too. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Command Officers of the USS Wyvern (from left to right):
    Aurellia Eshkah (Tactical); Indigo Shae (Engineering); Nysiay Chysiayki (VA, Ship Captain)
    Jeclia Sek (Science); Vally Mantivour (Security)
  • judah0523judah0523 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We Romulans invented the internet also. Yes, we are that cool. :cool:

Oh...and puppies. We invented puppies, too. :P

Al Gore was a romulan!?!?!?!? :eek:
  • krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in the TNG episode "the Chase" a single life form is identified as being the progenitor of Human, Klingon and Romulan. genetically they could be from the same bloodline as the founders of the federation.... I am sure the devs really thought of that when doing the traits (this is sarcasm, sorry us Vulcan's do not do that well at sarcasm).
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, the Federation was founded in large part as a defensive alliance by four neighboring species who felt threatened by the Romulans. So, uh, you could say, in a way...
    edited May 2013
    You're confusing 'Romulan' with 'Chekov'. Hmmm, fascinating...

O'Brien told Kira once she was talking like a Romulan because there's nothing Romulans don't claim they invented first.

Who am I to argue with the Chief?

Also, Al Gore being a Romulan answers more questions than it raises new ones.

• naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Reman captain got a KDF Doff assignment to raid Reman HQ. The description was along the lines of "The Remans are getting uppity, go blast 'em." Sigh.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
    edited May 2013
    O'Brien told Kira once she was talking like a Romulan because there's nothing Romulans don't claim they invented first.

Which episode was that?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited May 2013
    The one where Sisko is building the solar sail starship. I can't remember the episode name offhand, but it's one of the better father/son episodes for Ben and Jake.

O'Brien looks over the specs and questions whether it will be space worthy and Kira steps in claiming the Cardassians always said the same thing because they can't stand the idea that the Bajorans beat them into space. O'Brien retorts she sounds like a Romulan, who claim there's nothing they didn't invent first.